No-one cares about Manchester City?

Before Souness we were a joke when it came to the league. His signings, and Murray's money a few years later, transformed the club completely.
Murray put nothing into Rangers, in fact he used Rangers as a cash cow for him and his family as well.
Money came from Rangers Pools, debentures, fans and loans.
I would've thought most people with a brain would have seen through that charlatan by now.

I love these City bashing threads.. they are no different to any club with multi-billionaire owners. Be it from USA, Russia or China they all have filthy regimes.

Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool of recent times have all spent similar money to City or even more. The difference is City's spending has been more effective.

People mentioning the atmosphere on big European nights. Have you ever seen the atmosphere at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge on big European nights?

I hope they do it. They are fantastic to watch.
Far too sensible for this thread, mate.

I remember going to old Trafford when we played them in 08 in the Cl.we made plenty of noise but I think I heard the Utd support twice and if was the mind numbing “utd ,utd,utd” chant.

It is like that throughout England. Crystal Palace are probably the only team that bring some colour and atmosphere to their games.

It is like that throughout England. Crystal Palace are probably the only team that bring some colour and atmosphere to their games.
Newcastle and Leeds the other two I would say in the top flight 22/23. Many Clubs more than capable away from home though , especially in Europe. All seaters have had a horrendous effect on British Football atmospheres.

I feel for the real city fans.

I’ve long said it but they’re a Regional northwest club, wearing a short skirt and smeared lipstick.

There’s a parrallel universe where city compete with their true closest rival, Stockport county.

For me I’m crossing everything for Inter Milan tomorrow night - a European collosus against this tart of Manchester. Its just not right

I’ve long said it but they’re a Regional northwest club, wearing a short skirt and smeared lipstick.

There’s a parrallel universe where city compete with their true closest rival, Stockport county.

For me I’m crossing everything for Inter Milan tomorrow night - a European collosus against this tart of Manchester. Its just not right
Lol……….. City have umpteen home attendances back in the day way higher than Liverpool’s all time record attendance. And I’m not even talking about local Derbies.

If you don't enjoy the football Man City can play there is something wrong with you . I really cant get my head round what you want to see ? Muddy parks , comb overs , hard tackles and carried over the turnstiles type days I assume . All of which were great but give credit where it is due and watch how this team can play and have literally changed football to a certain extent under Pep . I had a wee crazy man in the pub next to me two weeks ago screaming at the telly coz at kick off they passed it straight to the goalie. What kind of shite negative football is that says wee man . 13 secs goal . :-D. The fitness and skill the modern plastic garbage teams you mention are at a level none of us have ever seen before. Tune in on Saturday as we may well talk about this team for years to come or if you wish watch a re-run of The Big Match on ITV4 from1973 .
Try and respond with something actually relevant. I got half way through that diatribe before giving up.

Come on Inter. Stuff Abu Dhabi. Sadly unlikely to happen, going for a 3-0 win for Citeh.

I hope they win it for the sake of getting some peace about the fact they've never won it. I find Pep creepy and condescending but he's clearly a managerial maestro.

The sooner they return to oblivion the better. I wish I liked them but for some reason I really don't like them at all.

You are too easy some of you City lot.

I could ask you the same? Ha. Just seen a rendition of Don’t Look Back In Anger, other week Wonderwall. Surely they have more than that this weekend?
So where are Inter tonight ? Don’t seem to be downtown. Their ‘ zone ‘ is mostly City as well.

So where are Inter tonight ? Don’t seem to be downtown. Their ‘ zone ‘ is mostly City as well.
God knows pal I’m not there or privy to any information. I’d never really expect Italians to be pissed up and in massive numbers and carrying on for Facebook videos the night before a match away anyway to be honest. Whereas I would be utterly shocked if any English side didn’t have it happening for a CL Final.

That tart of Manchester win European trophy long before we did, with very much less chances than us. If we had their money we'd be loving it

That tart of Manchester win European trophy long before we did, with very much less chances than us. If we had their money we'd be loving it

Don’t see your point.

It’s like people starting threads saying West Ham Now have 2 trophies to our 1 !!!

Good for them.

Give us a quarter of their budget and a conference league run….

Usually like to see the British sides win, but I hope, as much as the odds are against them, that Inter win on Saturday.

Anyone who cares about football, and doesn’t have a horse in the English race, should want their teams f*cked on each and every occasion.

They’re propped up by a grotesquely unequal TV deal; small, historyless, otherwise unremarkable clubs with unremarkable supports, all spending obscene amounts on players who they’d otherwise never be able to attract under the steam of their own revenue-generating means outwith the EPL gravy train…

So aye, Forza Inter.

I've always had a soft spot for City as a kid, Bell, Summerbee, Corrigan, etc, and hope they win tonight, even for sentimentality reasons. In saying that, foreign ownership is a big problem for me, especially from dodgy states and regimes. As I write, it looks like Leeds United will also soon be under American ownership. There's something messed up about English football if almost all their top clubs are owned by foreign corporations or companies.

Nonsense.
Have to disagree and say it's fake in as much as it's an uneven.playing field. Up until now Citeh have been able to outspend their rival by huge margins.

Perhaps in the coming years United when the takeover is competed will be able to attract the A-list stars and as a result become more competitive. Likewise with Newcastle they have the financial clout but geographically they are hindered by not many people wishing to live in the North East.

I suspect Newcastle will cave in and build a training facility in the London area to attract the big names who want to be living around London.

Football as we know it no longer exists.

Don’t see your point.

It’s like people starting threads saying West Ham Now have 2 trophies to our 1 !!!

Good for them.

Give us a quarter of their budget and a conference league run….
The point is that there are Rangers fans having a go at City because of the Mansour money but I would bet that the vast majority of us would welcome such investment.
City were a relatively successful club long before the Mansour money.

Have to disagree and say it's fake in as much as it's an uneven.playing field. Up until now Citeh have been able to outspend their rival by huge margins.

Perhaps in the coming years United when the takeover is competed will be able to attract the A-list stars and as a result become more competitive. Likewise with Newcastle they have the financial clout but geographically they are hindered by not many people wishing to live in the North East.

I suspect Newcastle will cave in and build a training facility in the London area to attract the big names who want to be living around London.

According to this. City are 10th in the net spending table in the epl in the last 5 years.

Personally, I just can't take to clubs like Man City or PSG.

I feel their stature in the game has been elevated beyond what should be its true position.

I was more interested in West Ham's recent win of the Europe Conference League, than I am in the Champions League Final.

That said, if Rangers were to obtain similar funding, I'd be open to it.

I seen an interview last night with five city fans who have stood and sat together for decades as season ticket holders.been through it all and who are together in Turkey for the final.nothing plastic or touristy about them.let’s be honest most our support would bight your hands off to be in the same position as Man City.

Have United and Chelsea not spent more than City ?
I hope they win it for the true fans who've had to listen to United fans gloating for years.
Agree with you though that the game we grew up loving is no longer the same.

It’s the whole City Group thing I really don’t like. Don’t think a lot of people actually realise how many Clubs they own:

This is far from finished as well. Find it strange many City fans are ok with this. Massive respect to Breda for not wanting to be part of it. How many people fancy a match abroad and head to Red Bull Leipzig? Hoffenheim etc? Pretty much none.

Man Utd have never had the problem attracting big name players and spending vast amount of money. Their problem is they go for arseholes and waste money on duds.

It's some amount of utter pish that gets spouted on here about City's spending power. Folk acting like all the other clubs have to rely on wheeling and dealing bargain deals.

In the 70s, used to be a good few rangers fans made their way down to Maine road wearing our (Rangers) colours 2 supports got on well,seems that the oil money has changed things!
Compare and contrast across the city with their green and red scarves,
Will be wanting city to win tonight for the likes of roy clarke,stan Gibson, Big Helen (with the bell),proper city characters and supporters.cmon the City.

In the 70s, used to be a good few rangers fans made their way down to Maine road wearing our (Rangers) colours 2 supports got on well,seems that the oil money has changed things!
Will be wanting city to win tonight for the likes of roy clarke,stan Gibson, Big Helen (with the bell),proper city characters and supporters.cmon the City.
Came across plenty of Hibs lads in the 90s who went City, were often on train when me and my City following pal would get on in Cumbria. You still come across plenty of Irish who follow City today.

Came across plenty of Hibs lads in the 90s who went City, were often on train when me and my City following pal would get on in Cumbria. You still come across plenty of Irish who follow City today.

Different era than the one I experienced, MOST of the Irish we encountered came also travelled to follow the red side.

Used to be a poster on the old boards was Rangers/City. Huistra something was his username.

Huge difference travelling 200 miles to living in the area end of the day.

Amazing how many did/still do travel from the south of Ireland.
But yes Manchester does have a big Irish population as does every major city.

Sterile, soulless team.

I understand people not being a fan of how Man City have got where they are (Abu Dhabi oil money) but that’s an unfortunate reality of the modern game, not unique to them of course.

I’m no fan of this modern football phenomenon, elite football these days is just a cartel of the wealthy, further driven and supported by TV / media companies reinforcing it.

But I think it’s harsh to describe the team themselves as sterile and soulless. Some of the football they play is a delight to watch and the coach is undeniably committed to good football.

City’s Irish support is minuscule compared to United and both Scouse mobs. When Niall Quinn signed a few came over but f*cked off after he left.

City’s Irish support is minuscule compared to United and both Scouse mobs. When Niall Quinn signed a few came over but f*cked off after he left.
Still plenty who go - go drinking round Manchester and you’ll see it.

How often do you go City? When did you last go away with them in Europe?

I understand people not being a fan of how Man City have got where they are (Abu Dhabi oil money) but that’s an unfortunate reality of the modern game, not unique to them of course.

I’m no fan of this modern football phenomenon, elite football these days is just a cartel of the wealthy, further driven and supported by TV / media companies reinforcing it.

But I think it’s harsh to describe the team themselves as sterile and soulless. Some of the football they play is a delight to watch and the coach is undeniably committed to good football.
They're great to watch but I find the club and City Group so soulless that I can't get worked up about their achievements either way.

They'll probably win the Champions League tonight but despite the football they've played it absolutely won't be remembered as fondly as other English successes in that tournament.

Im sure City hold the domestic attendance record for English football outwith Wembley stadium
Quite amazing for a club without a fan base eh

Reactions: SSR
Back