No Radio Scotland coverage last night

Bear all

What is that all about they had the Aberdeen game on Sunday there,are they saying the only games they will make any effort to broadcast are Celtic and Aberdeen games at Ibrox.They keep saying we have banned them even though that’s untrue ,so why are they only broadcasting games that suit their agenda they have a duty to deliver the same standard to all their license payers it’s all it nothing I would like an explanation how they decide what games at Ibrox can be broadcast.

For those who say feck them not everyone has any other means other than the radio to follow our progress my Uncle being one.

That's how ridiculous their actions are - next week, they'll be covering the Filth in a menaingless game, while ignoring us in a game where any kind of a result puts us through.

Rangers need to hold the line; the absence of BBC coverage when we win 55 and progress in Europe will raise eyebrows at Portman Place.

I had to leave for work at half 9 last night so had the misfortune of listening to the cretins on there. Cunts the lot of them.

That's how ridiculous their actions are - next week, they'll be covering the Filth in a menaingless game, while ignoring us in a game where any kind of a result puts us through.

Rangers need to hold the line; the absence of BBC coverage when we win 55 and progress in Europe will raise eyebrows at Portman Place.
When we win the title, we should give them nothing. No interviews or even contact with them. They don't deserve it after their spiteful actions .

What is that all about they had the Aberdeen game on Sunday there,are they saying the only games they will make any effort to broadcast are Celtic and Aberdeen games at Ibrox.They keep saying we have banned them even though that’s untrue ,so why are they only broadcasting games that suit their agenda they have a duty to deliver the same standard to all their license payers it’s all it nothing I would like an explanation how they decide what games at Ibrox can be broadcast.

For those who say feck them not everyone has any other means other than the radio to follow our progress my Uncle being one.
Someone on here asked them about it for the Poznań game and their explanation was that the euro games are on individual contracts and they bid unsuccessfully for our game that night, I’d assume it was the same last night and that we hold the rights to radio broadcasts.

It's a disgrace that people that fund the BBC are being denied coverage. If it was a commercial operation fair enough.

Someone on here asked them about it for the Poznań game and their explanation was that the euro games are on individual contracts and they bid unsuccessfully for our game that night, I’d assume it was the same last night.
How can they bid unsuccessfully when they would be the only Scottish broadcaster bidding - if this is accurate.

I doubt it will.
We don't need the BBC and I don't want them anywhere near Ibrox ever again.

Did we have audio coverage of the game last night? If so, that would tally up.
Not sure mate, I know we do sometimes have audio. The club seems to be good at this stuff now, wouldn’t surprise me if BBC made a derisory bid and the club took the rights on themselves.

How can they bid unsuccessfully when they would be the only Scottish broadcaster bidding - if this is accurate.
Possibly the amount being bid, I read it as meaning we held the rights to the broadcast but that may not be correct.

Doesn't mean someone won, it just means that whoever had the rights either didn't want to sell to the BBC or their bid wasn't high enough
Any money is better than nothing I would have thought,does that mean they pay Celtic the same fee then for their games then I wonder.

they are not banned. gollum is not welcome, they have about 30 other journalists they could send

I got rid of my TV. I replaced it with a large widescreen monitor, and a PC. Now I can watch anything I watched on TV before, and the PC performs leagues better than a smart TV.
Yer getting no licence money from me BBC. Go f*ck yourselves, and your boycott :))

David Currie was doing a preview about the game on Reporting Scotland on the 6.30 news last night and I'm pretty sure he said that they were going to be doing commentary on the game. I was surprised when he actually implied that was their intention but it sounds as if it were more weasel words from the BBC.

This is easily sorted a club statement to say they are officially banned as a result of their failing to comply with their own community committments

Someone on here asked them about it for the Poznań game and their explanation was that the euro games are on individual contracts and they bid unsuccessfully for our game that night, I’d assume it was the same last night and that we hold the rights to radio broadcasts.
Funny how they're always successful with negotiating for their favourite team but always fall short for ours?

Can anyone actually force them to reveal how much they are actually bidding, or if they are at all?

I'd like to know how much money they are saving by ignoring us and how much of that money is then spent on extra coverage of them?

I believe these figures would expose their wee scam once and for all.

David Currie was doing a preview about the game on Reporting Scotland on the 6.30 news last night and I'm pretty sure he said that they were going to be doing commentary on the game. I was surprised when he actually implied that was their intention but it sounds as if it were more weasel words from the BBC.
Yeah this wont be the first time they've lied about it too. Live coverage turns into pathetic updates from Billy Dodds or the like.

My mate said he tuned in to listen and they even had the cheek to be running their wee 'Rangers live in the Europa league' jingle throughout and spent most of the game discussing them. It's nothing short of lip service and trolling.

I feel sorry for the bears who don't have access to bt sport due to their own individual circumstances, people in care, financial situation, working, etc. The current situation is far from ideal. I am often working when EL games are on and it pisses me right off its not on the radio.
I wish it could be sorted out.

The fun will come if we get an English team in the last 32 or last 16 or even later in the competition if we get that far.
The BBC in London will really take notice if BBC Scotland has not secured the rights to broadcast a match involving Tottenham, Arsenal or whoever else it might be.

If it is sorted to some extent it will make little difference. Fan media has replaced its purpose. The long term loser is the BBC it is slowly and surely alienating its target audience.

I don’t listen to Radio Scotland much at all. Listen to Radio 4 and 5. Was driving home last night and listened to the Tim game and cheered me up.

But if they were covering us I would need a huge change to get me back. Gordon, Dodds, Liam Macleod all irritate me. Greatly.

Totally disagree. We should not let these b@stards off the hook that easily.
Re-instate gollums pass and remove their reason to limit our national exposure.
They have it exactly the way they want it now and we are facilitating it.
We can control the narrative of these spiteful c@nts better if we are inside the tent pissing out.
The added benefits being better exposure nationally and match commentaries for our support.
Btw, i f@king despise bbc scotland!!!

Not even a mention of Rangers playing last night on the 47:43 long Sportsound Podcast. Disgraceful.
Listened to that this morning, they did make one very brief mention of the HT score otherwise it was all about the scum.
That oaf bonnar talks some serious shite, so much so that dick finally lost the rag with him when he was spouting pish about the scum missing fans at games.

Portland Place

Totally disagree. We should not let these b@stards off the hook that easily.
Re-instate gollums pass and remove their reason to limit our national exposure.
They have it exactly the way they want it now and we are facilitating it.
We can control the narrative of these spiteful c@nts better if we are inside the tent pissing out.
The added benefits being better exposure nationally and match commentaries for our support.
Btw, i f@king despise bbc scotland!!!

Not sure what you're disagreeing with.

I said 'hold the line'.

But we should, under no circumstances, cave in and 'reinstate Gollum's pass'. Otherwise,why have we bothered with this for years? And what is the change in circumstances which merits Rangers climbing down?

Back