No Radio Scotland coverage last night

I feel sorry for the bears who don't have access to bt sport due to their own individual circumstances, people in care, financial situation, working, etc. The current situation is far from ideal. I am often working when EL games are on and it pisses me right off its not on the radio.
I wish it could be sorted out.
That’s it in one mate these are the Bears I care about and so should BBC Scotland.So are they saying they made a bid for our game which wasn’t acceptable fair enough,are we to believe now that Celtic have accepted a bid that is I wonder what the bids where?

Last edited:
I don't believe this nonsense that they are being out bid to provide radio coverage,are they deliberately putting in lowball offers?Who is winning them and where can you listen to the game?
Unless my memory is playing tricks,before the Gollum situation all our major European games would be covered.
They are a Public service,we are forced to buy their licence or risk prosecution.They cannot be allowed to exclude millions from receiving the service because they are in the huff,they need to be held to account.

David Currie was doing a preview about the game on Reporting Scotland on the 6.30 news last night and I'm pretty sure he said that they were going to be doing commentary on the game. I was surprised when he actually implied that was their intention but it sounds as if it were more weasel words from the BBC.
If memory serves me right he said 'updates' from the Rangers v Benfica game. All that means is they interrupt some essential chat on rugby or netball, or their mentally challenged favourites to give any goal information. Horrible organisation that will dissolve in the hubris of it's own making come 55.

I don't think that the BBC in London really care. I cant remember them ever showing a Gerrard interview on BBC Breakfast sports reports. They must be aware of the problem up here and don't seem to care enough to sort it out.

Currently listening to the sportsound pod from last night and it’s just a sellk show.

That said they are ripping the piss out of bonner over crowds, Tim Irish has called them “provincial bullies’. Hilarious stuff

I thought it was because they barred themselves from Ibrox? What's stopping them reporting the game watching it on a screen?

What is that all about they had the Aberdeen game on Sunday there,are they saying the only games they will make any effort to broadcast are Celtic and Aberdeen games at Ibrox.They keep saying we have banned them even though that’s untrue ,so why are they only broadcasting games that suit their agenda they have a duty to deliver the same standard to all their license payers it’s all it nothing I would like an explanation how they decide what games at Ibrox can be broadcast.

For those who say feck them not everyone has any other means other than the radio to follow our progress my Uncle being one.
My uncle is the same. Doesn't want me to get Sky/BT in for him and relies on the radio. He's 72 and pays his license as he's straight as a die despite my protestations.

This new top dog is another 19th Century Terrorist.

TV licence bumped.
No. Don't think he is.

He apparently left NI (not the green side either) due to the troubles etc and moved south of the border and married a RoI lass.

He was appointed by BBC HQ, assumedly a decision that Pacific Quay didn't have any biased say in. So I still have hope that his remit is to return some balance to BBC Scotland and there are some signs of that happening to be fair.

It could be a very clever appoiontment because no-one on the nat/cult side can claim, even though he isn't 'one of them' that he is anti-irish, anti-catholic, or anti nationalist given his life choices etc.

They should be covering the games out of a duty to the taxpayers who fund them.

They are denying people, who have paid the licence fee, full coverage of their services. It might not seem important to those who can afford sky or bt, but for those who are in care homes etc, it can make the world of difference to their quality of life, even if it's just commentary on radio.

No. Don't think he is.

He apparently left NI (not the green side either) due to the troubles etc and moved south of the border and married a RoI lass.

He was appointed by BBC HQ, assumedly a decision that Pacific Quay didn't have any biased say in. So I still have hope that his remit is to return some balance to BBC Scotland and there are some signs of that happening to be fair.

It could be a very clever appoiontment because no-one on the nat/cult side can claim, even though he isn't 'one of them' that he is anti-irish, anti-catholic, or anti nationalist given his life choices etc.
Neither was the last one. She was married to an RC from the western isles and sends her kids to an RC school as a result but her background is as Presbyterian as they come.

How can they bid unsuccessfully when they would be the only Scottish broadcaster bidding - if this is accurate.
That’s what their spokesman said in an email to a poster on here.

was the sheep game on Sunday a normal radio broadcast, or an update type?

Not sure what you're disagreeing with.

I said 'hold the line'.

But we should, under no circumstances, cave in and 'reinstate Gollum's pass'. Otherwise,why have we bothered with this for years? And what is the change in circumstances which merits Rangers climbing down?
We need to be pragmatic for the good of the club. They ain't ceding, it suits them. Look for the end game.

I got rid of my TV. I replaced it with a large widescreen monitor, and a PC. Now I can watch anything I watched on TV before, and the PC performs leagues better than a smart TV.
Yer getting no licence money from me BBC. Go f*ck yourselves, and your boycott :))

If you watch live tv you still have to pay the fee. How they could prove it is another matter.l..

Wonder what they will do if we get to Gdansk? :)

There'll be other radio stations than that fuukin mhob wanting to broadcast our game in Gdansk that's a cert.

That's another RANGERS hating organisation that will get its comeuppance.

I don't think that the BBC in London really care. I cant remember them ever showing a Gerrard interview on BBC Breakfast sports reports. They must be aware of the problem up here and don't seem to care enough to sort it out.

They cannae show interviews coz we don't gie them any.

They'll have twigged in London by now.

I’ve had the guy at my door twice and twice I’ve told him why I’m not paying it , I’m getting an inferior service from a public purse funded system due to the football team I support , I’m being discriminated against because I’m a Rangers fan.

I refuse to respond to your letters as you refuse to cover my club and I don’t have the time to get involved in your complex complaints system which I have tried

I don’t watch the BBC or any channels associated with it and have no wish to but I’m forced to due to my Sky subscription

So I’m just copying your stance that Rangers don’t exist in your broadcasting bubble and I’ll see you in court if need be

So long as you ignore my club , I will ignore you and correspondence and anything that represents you so please remove yourself from my front door and don’t come back

They’ve not been back in 2 years

What is that all about they had the Aberdeen game on Sunday there,are they saying the only games they will make any effort to broadcast are Celtic and Aberdeen games at Ibrox.They keep saying we have banned them even though that’s untrue ,so why are they only broadcasting games that suit their agenda they have a duty to deliver the same standard to all their license payers it’s all it nothing I would like an explanation how they decide what games at Ibrox can be broadcast.

For those who say feck them not everyone has any other means other than the radio to follow our progress my Uncle being one.
Bead rattling Nat scum. Never let them near Ibrox.

I’ve had the guy at my door twice and twice I’ve told him why I’m not paying it , I’m getting an inferior service from a public purse funded system due to the football team I support , I’m being discriminated against because I’m a Rangers fan.

I refuse to respond to your letters as you refuse to cover my club and I don’t have the time to get involved in your complex complaints system which I have tried

I don’t watch the BBC or any channels associated with it and have no wish to but I’m forced to due to my Sky subscription

So I’m just copying your stance that Rangers don’t exist in your broadcasting bubble and I’ll see you in court if need be

So long as you ignore my club , I will ignore you and correspondence and anything that represents you so please remove yourself from my front door and don’t come back

They’ve not been back in 2 years
I wrote the same email to the BBC when they allowed Ir*sh rebel music to be played on BBC One. You can't discriminate against anyone now unless they are white protestants. It's disgusting.

Totally disagree. We should not let these b@stards off the hook that easily.
Re-instate gollums pass and remove their reason to limit our national exposure.
They have it exactly the way they want it now and we are facilitating it.
We can control the narrative of these spiteful c@nts better if we are inside the tent pissing out.
The added benefits being better exposure nationally and match commentaries for our support.
Btw, i f@king despise bbc scotland!!!
But he’ll just follow the poet agenda and focus on the irrelevant, like his sister.

I wonder if they even sent a commentary team out to Prague?
Probably just done it off a screen in Glasgow, so there is absolutely no reason they couldn't have done the same for our game. Add it to the list.

Funny how they're always successful with negotiating for their favourite team but always fall short for ours?

Can anyone actually force them to reveal how much they are actually bidding, or if they are at all?

I'd like to know how much money they are saving by ignoring us and how much of that money is then spent on extra coverage of them?

I believe these figures would expose their wee scam once and for all.

you can send them a freedom of information request, they have 20 days to respond. They might not be required to provide this exact information, but they are required to respond . Maybe we should bombard them

On a different note they sent 200 people to America to cover the presidential election how can they justify that it’s a disgrace
The BBC should just have paid for the CNN coverage to be broadcast instead of sending all these overpaid “journalists” over to the USA. It would have been much cheaper and both channels were cheering on the same candidate anyway.

Totally disagree. We should not let these b@stards off the hook that easily.
Re-instate gollums pass and remove their reason to limit our national exposure.
They have it exactly the way they want it now and we are facilitating it.
We can control the narrative of these spiteful c@nts better if we are inside the tent pissing out.
The added benefits being better exposure nationally and match commentaries for our support.
Btw, i f@king despise bbc scotland!!!
That wouldn’t work. Just backing down and letting him back in would do nothing to sort the issue. They would regard that as capitulation and we would go back to the style and standard of reporting we suffered before that.

The relationship can only be restored if the underlying issues are fixed. Otherwise we just repeat the past.

We handled the issue badly by giving them an easy way to ignore us and carry on reporting badly. However what is done is done. We need a deal that gives us some change. Otherwise better where we are.

This has accelerated fan media. That is a good thing and forced us to lead that change in Scotland. Would like to see the club continue and expand support of groups like Heart and Hand. Access to players etc.

That will allow them to improve further. They do an excellent job but there is always improvement and better access would allow them to grow further.

Even if we do a deal with the BBC then there would be a huge effort required to rebuild relationships. I can’t see the BBC ever doing that so think we just have to accept that and move on.

Just fired another complaint to the BBC regarding this situation, I would urge everyone to do the same, no name calling, just stick to the facts, license payer, Scotland’s Premier Team being ignored, etc.

Beyond ridiculous now
I have 5 ongoing complaints with them at the moment.I will keep on doing it till they get fed up and demand that radio scotland stop their bias

You would think that if they had indeed made a bid it would be on par with what they offered Celtic,so we are either looking for more than they offered Celtic or a considerable lower offer was made to us I know which option I’m going for.

Last edited:
You would think that if they had indeed made a bid it would be on par with what they offered Celtic,so we are either looking for more than they offered Celtic or a considerable lower offer was offered to us I know which option I’m going for.
Hence the interest in the FOI. Even if they end up denying to share because of reasons given above.

Get freebies and support the opposition like they did in Manchester. And I know that for a fact.
Archie MacPherson in his book said he was very sad in Machester, when he witnessed the Scottish media at the match celebrating Zenits goals. Said they were all desperate for us to get beat.

Back