No Rossiter today. Any particular reason why?

He’s done nothing for three years and yet people still come on here asking “ where’s Rossiter ?”

It’s utterly baffling . He’s been and continues to be unfortunate with injuries but how long do we keep paying a guy who just isn’t fit enough to do his job? If he can’t breakthrough under Gerrard who no doubt has given him every chance under the sun then it’s over for him at Rangers . Time to move him on if we can . Get someone in for his wage who can actually contribute .

A Rangers message board and someone asks about a Rangers player. Baffling indeed.

Who would be daft enough to pick up half his wages unless it was a pay per play deal. He's made of chocolate.

The only move I can really see would be for him to join Dundee on loan as part of the Kamara deal, but I agree that any club taking a risk on him would want some sort of insurance.

If he's still here come February and still failing to make the squad, I think that's probably just about the end of him as a Rangers player.

The only move I can really see would be for him to join Dundee on loan as part of the Kamara deal, but I agree that any club taking a risk on him would want some sort of insurance.

If he's still here come February and still failing to make the squad, I think that's probably just about the end of him as a Rangers player.

There was gossip of Fleetwood being interested in him. That might actually be a better move for him to get away from the spotlight and simply get some regular game time.

Him not being involved today clearly points to an imminent loan. Would be the best thing for him at present - hope he will show up well and get back to Ibrox to fight for a place.
Yes, this would be the ideal situation. Hopefully he gets and takes his chance, somewhere in loan.

I half expected him to get game time on Friday let alone today, very surprised at this especially as Coulibally just seems to clog on from week to week.

This Barisic is made of glass nonsense has to stop. As for Lee Wallace, he’s behind Barisic, Halliday and Flanagan. I’d be amazed if he features for us again.

How do you explain it though
He either that or it’s a mental thing

At st Johnstone the way he was behaving
It looked a real bad 1

Back training not long after

Then today
The reaction to a nothing challenge
Then gets up an walks off with a tiny limp

Worries me that behaviour

Rossiter's time is up and he's effectively been surplus to requirements for some time. It's a shame he's struggled repeatedly with injuries but we need to move him on now. I don't doubt he has talent but I don't think we will ever get a consistent run of games over a season off him.

Good luck to the lad if he moves on.

He’s done nothing for three years and yet people still come on here asking “ where’s Rossiter ?”

It’s utterly baffling . He’s been and continues to be unfortunate with injuries but how long do we keep paying a guy who just isn’t fit enough to do his job? If he can’t breakthrough under Gerrard who no doubt has given him every chance under the sun then it’s over for him at Rangers . Time to move him on if we can . Get someone in for his wage who can actually contribute .

Yeah, why the hell would we be interested in how a Rangers player is doing. God knows why people come in here and ask some completely mindless baffling mental questions.

How do you explain it though
He either that or it’s a mental thing

At st Johnstone the way he was behaving
It looked a real bad 1

Back training not long after

Then today
The reaction to a nothing challenge
Then gets up an walks off with a tiny limp

Worries me that behaviour

Who knows? It’s maybe a foreign player thing, different culture. I really don’t know. Morelos goes down injured as if it’s a sore one in just about every game. The first few times I saw him do it I thought he was badly injured.

Who knows? It’s maybe a foreign player thing, different culture. I really don’t know. Morelos goes down injured as if it’s a sore one in just about every game. The first few times I saw him do it I thought he was badly injured.

I think he’s been told to do that
Instead of bouncing up for a square go
To try an keep him calm
Stay down an try an get the foul

Him not being involved today clearly points to an imminent loan. Would be the best thing for him at present - hope he will show up well and get back to Ibrox to fight for a place.
I think we all hope and wish for the same. But more than likely he's finished with Rangers.

He looked a prospect but a handful of games in his time at Rangers and regularly injured is pointing him towards the exit door rather than being a future success.

We go on paying him until his contract runs out at the very least.
That is the point of contracts.

However, a loan is the right way to proceed.
Both ourselves and the lad need to find out if his body is robust enough for the game at this level.
If he can get the game time and recapture his previous form as a footballer and show he can withstand half a season of non-stop football, then he will earn himself a reevaluation for a new contract.

Unfortunately, with the club embroiled in a genuine league title challenge, we simply cannot afford the risk of giving him the game time he so desperately needs to recapture his previous good form.
But if all goes well, I don't see Gerrard refusing to consider keeping the lad.

It’s hard to make any judgment on Rossiter given his lack of game time. Due to this, Kamara + Coulibaly both offer more.

Rossiter vs Hibs at the end of last season is better than anything Coulibaly's done for us IMO.

Rossiter's time is up and he's effectively been surplus to requirements for some time. It's a shame he's struggled repeatedly with injuries but we need to move him on now. I don't doubt he has talent but I don't think we will ever get a consistent run of games over a season off him.

Good luck to the lad if he moves on.

The manager literally said 72 hours ago that he and his staff rate the player.

It’s utterly baffling . He’s been and continues to be unfortunate with injuries but how long do we keep paying a guy who just isn’t fit enough to do his job? If he can’t breakthrough under Gerrard who no doubt has given him every chance under the Sun then it’s over for him at Rangers . Time to move him on if we can . Get someone in for his wage who can actually contribute .

Just a shame we couldn’t have got him fit and able to fulfil his potential. I still hope he’ll turn it around but unfortunately I can’t see it.

Wallace will be off the wage bill shortly.

Murphy?
I am going to be bad here.
Davis will not get a contract with us after the summer, he is here to stop the 19th Century Terrorists winning the league this season. And he will.
Defoe exactly the same.

Defoe has an 18 month deal.

Reckon we need to forget about the kid now.

He’s nowhere near our midfield currently. He’s been fit for a while and hasn’t impressed Gerrard when played.

It was worth taking the risk at the time but it really hasn’t paid off. Maybe a loan will help him but I see no room for him.

Based on what? First time someone gave him a dirty look in training he'd be out for 6 months.

He’s been fit and basically injury free for months now. He’s rated by the coaching staff (see the recent Gerrard interview) but is clearly lacking match practise. He’s not going to leapfrog Arfield, Jack, McCrorie or Davis for the time being unless we have an injury crisis.

Let’s get the kid (yes he is still young) out on loan and see if he can kick on.

We signed him as a talented prospect. He has since missed 3 years of football which has been disastrous for his development. He is well down the pecking order due to this.

Hopefully a loan and regular football will do him the world of good.

What CMs are better than him...

I’d take probably the majority of the Hearts, Killie or Aberdeen CMs as back up before Rossiter.

Anyone who has shown they can perform in the SPFL and can string ten games together without an injury is literally a better choice.

I’m not buying into the Rossiter hype any more and, more importantly, neither is Steven Gerrard.

I’d take probably the majority of the Hearts, Killie or Aberdeen CMs as back up before Rossiter.

Anyone who has shown they can perform in the SPFL and can string ten games together without an injury is literally a better choice.

I’m not buying into the Rossiter hype any more and, more importantly, neither is Steven Gerrard.
Rossiter will still have a better career than those you think are better than him. (Olly Lee, Djoum, Haring, Alan Power, Rory McKenzie, Aaron Tshibola, Greame Shinnie & Dom Ball)

Gerrard doesn’t buy in to the Rossiter “hype”? I don’t think theres a hype, but if you think Gerrard doesn’t rate him you must listen to different interviews from me.

I think Jordan needs to prove to himself he can put together a run of games, he seems to appear for a week or 2 then nothing.

I hope he can go out on loan (hopefully fleetwood or someone else NOT SCUMDEE) and play the last half of the season and stay clear of injuries.

He was a talent when he came through at Liverpool - no doubt about that, but he cant string a group of games together to progress his career.

Rossiter will still have a better career than those you think are better than him. (Olly Lee, Djoum, Haring, Alan Power, Rory McKenzie, Aaron Tshibola, Greame Shinnie & Dom Ball)

Gerrard doesn’t buy in to the Rossiter “hype”? I don’t think theres a hype, but if you think Gerrard doesn’t rate him you must listen to different interviews from me.

He’s been fit for months and an underperforming Coulibaly is still getting game time well ahead of him. If Kamara comes in this window, he’ll also be well ahead of him.

That’s all that needs to be said - we have no room for passengers that can be moved on.

That’s quite simply not true.

Gerrard literally said the other day that he and his coaching staff rate Rossiter, but he can’t promise him game time just now and that’s what he needs to get match fit.

People are just filling in the blanks and coming up with the conclusion that Gerrard doesn’t think he’s good enough. He’s explicitly said the opposite.

Reactions: MSF
He’s been fit for months and an underperforming Coulibaly is still getting game time well ahead of him. If Kamara comes in this window, he’ll also be well ahead of him.

That’s all that needs to be said - we have no room for passengers that can be moved on.
For some reason Gerrard actually thinks Coulibaly is decent.

With Rossiter I think he’ll need a run of games to get up to speed and we can’t give him that at this vital stage. Thats why he’ll be going out on loan for 6 months somewhere that he’ll start every week.

He’ll still be in our squad next year and involved far more heavily.

Back