No Scottish Premiership tickets below £20

Boyd wasn’t meaning that was a middle class sport in terms of the fans. He meant more in terms of the people that are now able to afford to play it, attend academies and buy boots and kit regularly. Les and less working class people are breaking through and becoming pro as they are being priced out of playing and are just moving into regular day to day jobs.

That's a bigger problem than football though.

In this country wages have not really improved since 2008 for most whereas the cost of living has sky rocketed.

The more middle class sports in Scotland and the UK actually do well so maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if Stewart Melville, George Watsons, George Heriot's etc started producing the football team the same level of athletes they do for rugby!

For everyone complaining about ticket prices, how many have been to a concert recently and how much did you pay, £75 to £150 in most cases

"except Rangers"

two words that show you what a complete joke BBC Scotland are as an organisation

Sadly that was my biggest takeout too. Such is their pettiness and bias against Rangers, they couldn’t even bring themselves to treat us equally in a survey. Think about that for one moment, so it is now officially more than boycotting matches at Ibrox. Funnily enough when there is a bad Rangers story, their writers still manage to cover that. Truly bizarre behavior..

Haha it's really not.

Go to a Scotland rugby international at Murrayfield and then you will see what a middle class sport and support is.
in terms of money it is mate. add to that travel, disgustingly crap, over priced food and if you have weans???? boyd is/was right.

For everyone complaining about ticket prices, how many have been to a concert recently and how much did you pay, £75 to £150 in most cases
thats a fair point rob but concerts are a once a year or two thing. not every week. and a concert is normally a good length of time. its an evening out as such. you will do the £100 odd concert fee on a night out in a pub. a football match is 90 minutes. or 109 minutes if they are losing.

i paid £45 for 9 hours of techno at the riverside festival
£12 for 2 hours of hardfloor at 69 Below
£8 to see The Orb for 2 hours at Club69

football prices are terrible imo

To be fair he has a point. We are too loyal as a support and people would pay whatever to watch us play.
correct in the past I myself have paid stupid amounts to get a ticket and I would do it again if you are a bear and you could you probably would
ps working class

You don't go to concerts every week though do you? At that price, you're talking a major event at The Hydro. So a couple of times a year at most.

It's an absurd comparison.

I'm sure the average wage in Scotland is around 23k per year. Circa 300 quid ish after tax per week, if a father want's to go to the football with his two sons every week it's costing him a minimum 100 quid when you take into account ticket prices, travel, spending money on the day for the kids on food/drinks/merchandise etc. 1/3 of his take home pay, before he's even paid a dime towards his rent/mortgage, food, car, any other expenses. What about if his two sons are football fanatics as well and attend academies through the week?

The pricing is an absolute disgrace in this country for the product we get. Boyd is spot on about it becoming a middle class sport.

You don't go to concerts every week though do you? At that price, you're talking a major event at The Hydro. So a couple of times a year at most.

I'm sure the average wage in Scotland is around 23k per year. Circa 300 quid ish after tax per week, if a father want's to go to the football with his two sons every week it's costing him a minimum 100 quid when you take into account ticket prices, travel, spending money on the day for the kids on food/drinks/merchandise etc. 1/3 of his take home pay, before he's even paid a dime towards his rent/mortgage, food, car, any other expenses. What about if his two sons are football fanatics as well and attend academies through the week?

The pricing is an absolute disgrace in this country for the product we get. Boyd is spot on about it becoming a middle class sport.
It's your choice what you do with your money, I personally have never grudged the price of my SB/ST. it's value for money in my opinion
People saying things like 'if I take a couple of Kids' 'By the time I buy. Fags, Pint, hot dog etc etc
It's not football's job to reduce prices so you can do other things.
As I said, your money, your choice. Ask KB why coaching kids is so expensive

Absolutely spot on. But aye an extra 20%.

It's your choice what you do with your money, I personally have never grudged the price of my SB/ST. it's value for money in my opinion
People saying things like 'if I take a couple of Kids' 'By the time I buy. Fags, Pint, hot dog etc etc
It's not football's job to reduce prices so you can do other things.
As I said, your money, your choice. Ask KB why coaching kids is so expensive

Exactly. It is my choice what I do with my money, which is exactly my point! As time goes on, working class people will decide that their money could be far better spent on other things rather than spending a huge percentage of their take home pay on going to the football every week. Middle class people have more money, so they can absorb the cost more without it affecting their day to day lives as much as your average punter on the street.

The less working class people going to the games, the less bodies you'll have in your pub as well which hits you in the pocket but you're too blind to see that.

You'll never say anything against the club. You're a puppet.

Exactly. It is my choice what I do with my money, which is exactly my point! As time goes on, working class people will decide that their money could be far better spent on other things rather than spending a huge percentage of their take home pay on going to the football every week. Middle class people have more money, so they can absorb the cost more without it affecting their day to day lives as much as your average punter on the street.

The less working class people going to the games, the less bodies you'll have in your pub as well which hits you in the pocket but you're too blind to see that.

Obviously you know more about the Pub game than me so I would need to bow to your superior knowledge.
Going to the football has always taken up a decent size of most peoples budget, unless of course, you have, unlike myself and others, not always had a decent amount of disposable income.
As for saying anything against Rangers on a Public Forum, you are 100% correct, I'll take that as a compliment. As I have said, your money, your choice.
Maybe if you only went to home games, you could save a lot of money

Puppet or Rangers fan?

Been a long timing coming someone pointing this out.

The club could charge 100 quid a ticket and he’d say it’s correct

Puppet or Rangers fan?
so if you say something against the club you aren’t a Rangers fan.

Away gaes peace you’re the same on every thread argumentative, the pricing for games against Livi etc are shocking for the standard. It’ll be the usual reply if concerts etc you are allowed to say the pricing for games is excessive for the level of football we see.

Been a long timing coming someone pointing this out.

The club could charge 100 quid a ticket and he’d say it’s correct

Easy to sit and basically say %^*& working class supporters and fans when they’re paying for your season ticket through purchases in your pub right outside the stadium

Football prices are unacceptable in Scotland but manageable, any raises will start to push it over the limit of what most can realistically afford

Gig comparison is nonsense as football is every week or second week depending on if you’re just on about home games or not

Easy to sit and basically say %^*& working class supporters and fans when they’re paying for your season ticket through purchases in your pub right outside the stadium

Football prices are unacceptable in Scotland but manageable, any raises will start to push it over the limit of what most can realistically afford
Aye your season ticket paid for after one game

Away gaes peace you’re the same on every thread argumentative, the pricing for games against Livi etc are shocking for the standard. It’ll be the usual reply if concerts etc you are allowed to say the pricing for games is excessive for the level of football we see.
And if you back the Club you are a Puppet? how does that work?
I pay to watch The Rangers, do you think the players get fewer wages when we are playing Livingston?
If I think anything is too expensive, I don't pay it.
Really Simple
How many complaining about ticket prices will be willing to give Celtic the money ( £52? ) for Parkhead.

I just don't buy into all this moaning

Gig comparison is nonsense as football is every week or second week depending on if you’re just on about home games or not
I have had a SB/ ST since I was a first-year apprentice earning £6.36 a week so your point is invalid. I see a couple of people having a go at me because I had the balls to take on a failing pub and invest heavily into it and make it (not in a shy way) a memorable part of our matchday experience for a lot of our support.
Anyone could have had a go at it, We did

Miss your couple of concerts, a year and that will pay half your ST

@Robert Marshall so people are to miss one or two concerts a year?

Nonone has even said they’re missing the Rangers fans just the price is excessive but for some reason you can’t even seem to agree with that without the usual don’t pay.

People pay for things they find excessive all the time it’s not like it’s easy to switch off from following Rangers, there’s an arrogant approach on here that people should just accept whatever the club charge

I have had a SB/ ST since I was a first-year apprentice earning £6.36 a week so your point is invalid. I see a couple of people having a go at me because I had the balls to take on a failing pub and invest heavily into it and make it (not in a shy way) a memorable part of our matchday experience for a lot of our support.
Anyone could have had a go at it, We did

Not having a go at you for your pub at all, I've been in multiple times and whilst I drink elsewhere usually I appreciate its contribution to the match day experience. But when your son is employed by the Club and you run a successful and appreciated business off the back of the support it's maybe best to not lecture others about what they should or shouldn't be able to afford.

@Robert Marshall so people are to miss one or two concerts a year?

Nonone has even said they’re missing the Rangers fans just the price is excessive but for some reason you can’t even seem to agree with that without the usual don’t pay.

People pay for things they find excessive all the time it’s not like it’s easy to switch off from following Rangers, there’s an arrogant approach on here that people should just accept whatever the club charge
I don't think it's expensive, I am allowed an opinion

Not having a go at you for your pub at all, I've been in multiple times and whilst I drink elsewhere usually I appreciate its contribution to the match day experience. But when your son is employed by the Club and you run a successful and appreciated business off the back of the support it's maybe best to not lecture others about what they should or shouldn't be able to afford.
Where have I lectured anyone? I have said it's your choice, who am I lecturing?

I chose to run a Rangers Pub 25 years ago before anyone covered there walls in Rangers Memorabilia. some people said I was mad to discount a potential 50% of a customer base.
Maybe I was or maybe I had a clear vision of what I wanted

Obviously you know more about the Pub game than me so I would need to bow to your superior knowledge.
Going to the football has always taken up a decent size of most peoples budget, unless of course, you have, unlike myself and others, not always had a decent amount of disposable income.
As for saying anything against Rangers on a Public Forum, you are 100% correct, I'll take that as a compliment. As I have said, your money, your choice.
Maybe if you only went to home games, you could save a lot of money

Away games are better. Less moaney auld b*stards! :D

It’s not though. Go to any showpiece game throughout Europe and the price will be a lot higher in the main. The fact it easily sells out suggests that people are more than happy to pay £52 for the game.

Just out of interest what is the wage bill combined of Rangers v Celtic v the top games across Europe?

For instance Rangers v Celtic wages v Real Madrid v Barca....

To compare what is watched in Scotland v top prices across Europe is a bit daft.

Fans get shafted in England etc but there is a return in the standard of player watched at least

People aren't happy to pay the costs, they are hostage to it - people do become emotionally locked to football teams in a way they don't to most other events.

Back