No sob story. We blew that ourselves

In some ways it was reminiscent of the 1966 League Cup Final against them, which had the same result. We all left Hampden that day as well wondering why we had not won after dominating the game and bemoaning bad refereeing from Tiny Wharton. 53 years further on, today's result is no easier to take. I am one very pissed off Bear.

You are hysterical and honestly give them far far too much credit. To compare this to rangers great team in the 90s is ridiculous and frankly insulting to that great team. When people say we got battered in the 90s against Tommy Burns they are exaggerating for effect. We were often the second best team and played counter attacking but we were always dangerous and we never had one shot on target (offside) to win in any game I’ve ever seen in my life.

Really not sure where the circle wank round a rank Celtic comes from especially on a rangers forum.

They were pish and extremely lucky. End
You're missing the point - I'm agreeing that they were rank rotten, yet we couldn't find a way past them

The last 20 minutes or so we looked as if we knew we weren't going to do it - we lacked belief.

FWIW I think that mhob are pish, that's why I'm finding today so frustrating

We snatched defeat from the Jaws of Victory in two crucial games within 5 days. Whilst we are heading in the right direction, I think we lack a real killer instinct. We've got very few winners in that team.

You're missing the point - I'm agreeing that they were rank rotten, yet we couldn't find a way past them

The last 20 minutes or so we looked as if we knew we weren't going to do it - we lacked belief.

FWIW I think that mhob are pish, that's why I'm finding today so frustrating
We couldn’t find a way past them because the keeper has had a tremendous game. It happens.

But that’s not all your saying, you want us to believe that not only were Celtic NOT painfully lucky from front to back but rather they have the “it” factor and are destined to grind out results.

Pull down the white flag and man up ffs, they were shite

We missed enough chances to win 3 games but you just cant ignore the Officials blatant cheating because it lets you have a go at the players, what we got today is the result of years of silence, the filth have the SFA in their pocket.

Twice in a week we've been cheated.

I though WC was better than he usually is over all, the linesman though acted like a dirty Rhat bastard and should be oute.

First thing ? The defeat ? That's on the players and no one else.

A virtual free hit and this group of players couldn't take it.

The most worrying thing was how easily we accepted our fate. After 70 minutes we all knew it wasn't happening. Completely ran out of ideas and too busy greeting for fouls we knew we wouldn't get. We have shown mental strength at times but there are games when we absolutely crumble.

Facing 10 men for over half an hour and we muster one clear cut chance. Let's face it, roles reversed and the Tims would've scudded us. They've got 'it'. We don't. Not yet anyway.

Say what you want about Alfie, and he's been magnificent all season, but the Tims are living rent free in his head. Back to his bad old ways at times today. Regards the penalty, we'll get the usual gnashing of teeth but none of them were filling me with confidence hitting it. We wanted him taking it, he took it and there's your outcome.

No point being angry. It is what it is, but when it comes the crunch ? This group of players can't get over the line. That's two winnable games in 5 days we've completely fúcked.

20 minutes gone and a man advantage and it still looked like 11 vs 11, we actually looked worse and you knew then we weren’t pulling it back. You don’t say or think those things about winning teams, today was just further prove we’re not a winning team.

If we’d went down to 10 we’d have lost 2 or 3 nil, nothing surer.

For me on the day our match winners/game changers didn't perform and the Tims carried the luck. Fine margins and while it is a sore one, we need to use this feeling to increase our determination to win the most important trophy, the league.

Can only forge that in adversity and through experience. We can’t import it like we used to do.

Thursday will tell us an awful lot.

This either inspires us to kick on and prove the doubters wrong or we fold mentally.

We're not a bad team. We're a good team. But we lack that extra edge.

Today could harm us psychologically, we should have beat them and lost. They win trophies we don’t it’s gut wrenching

I am not going to blame those 25 minutes against 10 men - we put so much effort into the game against them up to that point, we were always going to run out of steam on that pitch.

They simply packed their defence and let's face it we have never dealt well with teams that do that - why should today have been any different??

That's two games in a matter of days we should have won and we've simply shat it. It really doesn't matter a f*ck today how dominant we were. That's the shit they used to spout under Burns and I revelled in their pain when their "cavalier" football failed against us time and again. The board and the manager still have a lot of work to do on this team. Simple as that.

We played better when they had 11 strangely enough,their GK kept them in it.
Kent needs to do more,i was really disappointed with him today.

Today wasn't a game for Kent to be fair to him - too much blood and thunder. Look at their answer to Kent - nae-neck was completely and utterly anonymous for them and the game completely passed him by.

Kent was still 10x better than anything else that they had in the outfield position.

I'll say one thing, I'll be amazed if Barker is still here by January 2021.

He is never a Rangers player in his life.

This really bugged me. I mean, I know there's a lot more to be pisśed off about today but our substitutions are starting to annoy me intensely.

The Barker substitution today was a mystery to me and to everyone I was watching with. Similarly, the Ojo substitution on Wednesday night. WTF are we doing with these subs when we desperately need a goal and to gain momentum back in our favour?

We bring on Barker who has contributed very little in his time with us. And Ojo who has been very inconsistent and who is clearly not the answer against Aberdeen at Pittodrie with 20 minutes to go.

I don't get it.

The missed penalty killed us. All confidence and bravery on the ball gone after that.

I agree. score that and we would have destroyed them. Instead, they were marginally better with the 10 men than they had been all game and our heads just went down.

I agree. score that and we would have destroyed them. Instead, they were marginally better with the 10 men than they had been all game and our heads just went down.

You could see it. We still dominated possession but the belief was gone. Subs were wrong too, I felt.

The most worrying thing was how easily we accepted our fate. After 70 minutes we all knew it wasn't happening. Completely ran out of ideas and too busy greeting for fouls we knew we wouldn't get. We have shown mental strength at times but there are games when we absolutely crumble.

Facing 10 men for over half an hour and we muster one clear cut chance. Let's face it, roles reversed and the Tims would've scudded us. They've got 'it'. We don't. Not yet anyway.

Say what you want about Alfie, and he's been magnificent all season, but the Tims are living rent free in his head. Back to his bad old ways at times today. Regards the penalty, we'll get the usual gnashing of teeth but none of them were filling me with confidence hitting it. We wanted him taking it, he took it and there's your outcome.

No point being angry. It is what it is, but when it comes the crunch ? This group of players can't get over the line. That's two winnable games in 5 days we've completely fúcked.

score the penalty, we go on to win the cup. We pooed ourselves.

We dont have the mental strength to overcome them, we badly need to win a trophy and today was a great chance, but due to the ref, 2 linesmen and our lack of belief it wasnt to be. I remember when Burns was their manager and Smith ours, at times they absolutely battered us but we had Goram and Gough giants in defence and Laudrup or Gazza to conjure up one bit of sublime skill and McCoist burying a chance. We,d win by the odd goal. They now have that winning mentality we had back in those days.

Morelos epitomises the mentality issue perfectly. They are in his head he got dragged in and started regressing to what got him in bother and he cost us that game.

Mentality is a huge issue and that’s 11 games he hasn’t scored against them and he won’t in future either unless he gets them out his head.

Simplistic.

We should have done better given the way we dominated them but they won the cup with a blatantly offside goal. That’s not on the players. I never get why folk think it has to be the fault of either the players or the officials. We missed chances but that doesn’t mean the officials didn’t win them the game.

Our captains bottle went today and at last minute he though %^*& this if I miss I will get abuse.
He then gives it to a man who has been getting frustrated the longer the game went about not scoring.
Tav our captain shat it once more in a final and Morelos couldn’t keep his composure and wasted chance after chance.
We are the better team but have a losers mentality.
That can only be changed by removing the worst culprits.
But the actual truth is Morelos was the designated penalty taker..

Its not a sob story when they get given a goal where 3 players are clearly a yard offside. Why does this backward country of ours not have VAR like the rest of the world?

What a shite week. Surrender a 2 goal lead at Pittodrie then can't beat a piss poor Celtic side with 10 men for 30 minutes. They were absolutely there for the taking today.

The team lacks a winning mentality and ruthlessness.

If the game was on the other foot, they would have absolutely trounced us today.

We've only got ourselves to blame. Another big game let down and another trophy we lose out on. They've won 10 trophies on the bounce.

Far too pesssimistic on the evidence of what I watched today. It was just so unlucky in the extreme.

Play like that for the rest of the season and we will be Champions.

20 minutes gone and a man advantage and it still looked like 11 vs 11, we actually looked worse and you knew then we weren’t pulling it back. You don’t say or think those things about winning teams, today was just further prove we’re not a winning team.

If we’d went down to 10 we’d have lost 2 or 3 nil, nothing surer.

Celtic nearly scored a second after going down to 10 men as well

I agree with the OP . Celtic lose-a 90 minute equaliser to Hamilton then go up the park a get a winner while we are blowing a 2 goal lead .

While we are talking about good performances and playing them off the park , they’ll be celebrating a 10th trophy win in a row . It’s like a reversal of the 1990s

depressing as fcuk

Last edited:
Back