Noel Whelan Morelos is petulant and childish

uneasydaz

NOEL WHELAN has branded Alfredo Morelos as 'petulant and childish' after his slap on Celtic skipper Scott Brown.

The Rangers striker was caught on camera raising his hands to the Hoops midfielder as the Light Blues ran out 2-0 winners at Parkhead.

Steven Gerrard's men opened up a four point gap on Neil Lennon and Co after Connor Goldson's Old Firm double on Saturday in the first showdown between the title rivals this season.

But Whelan says that moment could have changed the game in Celtic's favour had referee John Beaton sent the Colombian hitman off.

Speaking to Football Insider, Whelan said: "Steven Gerrard appeared to have cut out that petulance from his game but it is still down there, deep down.

"We saw it come out again and that moment could have been pivotal in the game.

"It could have been a game-changer. You cannot do that.

"You cannot raise your hand to anybody. It is a deliberate, aggressive movement towards another player. It is a red card by anyone's books.

"It is horrible to see that creep back into his game.

"For me, it is unacceptable. It is petulant and childish.

"He should be worrying about getting on the scoresheet."

Morelos is yet to break his scoring duck against Celtic but caused some problems for Shane Duffy, Kristoffer Ajer and youngster Stephen Welsh at the heart of Lennon's defence.

Was thinking wtf is Glenn Whelan been carted out to talk about us.

Now I’m thinking who the fu*k is Noel Whelan?

Why is it news that Noel Whelan says its childish? What relevance has Noel Whelan to Scottish football right now? Is he a pundit for someone?

Seems a very bizarre character to come out and say this & for it to be news. I understand when its from ex tims that come out and say it but this has really perplexed me. An insignificant ex Aberdeen & Livingston player who's games up here probably amounted to 30 or something. Utterly bizarre that this is news.

I said this on another thread, as far as Morelos temperament is conserned he's learned nothing. I don't want him dropped, he a great footballer but he could cost us points if he doesn't get his temperament sorted

I have called Alfie out before for a childish attitude but that slap was letting Brown know who were in charge and im glad Alfie did it,it was as funny as f uck and made my day.
Just wish it was his fist.

Back