Noel Whelan Morelos is petulant and childish

Why's Brown no under the same scrutiny (I know why, just making a point) for his elbow and punch right after on Barisic? Watch it turn up 10 fold on Morelos to try and unsettle him and us now that they know they won't have it all their own way
Aye, but when broony does it he's being "clever" using his experience to rile up the opposition lol

And Brown's elbow was just gamesmanship and clever I suppose.

What Brown does is irrelevant really, getting caught doing something and saying ‘but he’s doing it too’ is childish. Morelos knows he’s marked, he knows the history, he knows how much the game means. But, yet again, the only thing he really does in the game is act petulant. He’s so easily got to, it is the absolute main reason barely any club is interested in him.

Tbf I was cringing when Alfie started all that, although I did laugh when he gave brown a wee slap on his big glaikit hied

He is petulant and childish, he lost the plot for a while at the end of that first half. But I don't care and Noel Whelan(?!) An ram his opinion.

Aye, but when broony does it he's being "clever" using his experience to rile up the opposition lol
I actually think Alfie was winding him up, his childish dig at BB , could have came to more , if spotted.

Alfie holds his own against the scum and they hate him for it.

NOEL WHELAN has branded Alfredo Morelos as 'petulant and childish' after his slap on Celtic skipper Scott Brown.

The Rangers striker was caught on camera raising his hands to the Hoops midfielder as the Light Blues ran out 2-0 winners at Parkhead.

Steven Gerrard's men opened up a four point gap on Neil Lennon and Co after Connor Goldson's Old Firm double on Saturday in the first showdown between the title rivals this season.

But Whelan says that moment could have changed the game in Celtic's favour had referee John Beaton sent the Colombian hitman off.

Speaking to Football Insider, Whelan said: "Steven Gerrard appeared to have cut out that petulance from his game but it is still down there, deep down.

"We saw it come out again and that moment could have been pivotal in the game.

"It could have been a game-changer. You cannot do that.

"You cannot raise your hand to anybody. It is a deliberate, aggressive movement towards another player. It is a red card by anyone's books.

"It is horrible to see that creep back into his game.

"For me, it is unacceptable. It is petulant and childish.

"He should be worrying about getting on the scoresheet."

Morelos is yet to break his scoring duck against Celtic but caused some problems for Shane Duffy, Kristoffer Ajer and youngster Stephen Welsh at the heart of Lennon's defence.

It seems you can do these things if you wear the Dublin deckchair ?

NOEL WHELAN has branded Alfredo Morelos as 'petulant and childish' after his slap on Celtic skipper Scott Brown.

The Rangers striker was caught on camera raising his hands to the Hoops midfielder as the Light Blues ran out 2-0 winners at Parkhead.

Steven Gerrard's men opened up a four point gap on Neil Lennon and Co after Connor Goldson's Old Firm double on Saturday in the first showdown between the title rivals this season.

But Whelan says that moment could have changed the game in Celtic's favour had referee John Beaton sent the Colombian hitman off.

Speaking to Football Insider, Whelan said: "Steven Gerrard appeared to have cut out that petulance from his game but it is still down there, deep down.

"You cannot raise your hand to anybody. It is a deliberate, aggressive movement towards another player. It is a red card by anyone's books.

Morelos is yet to break his scoring duck against Celtic but caused some problems for Shane Duffy, Kristoffer Ajer and youngster Stephen Welsh at the heart of Lennon's defence.
He's 100% correct. We were 1nil up and cruising, if the ref saw that the chances are he would have been sent off. It could have completely changed the game from us being in total control to playing with 10 men. I thought this was all behind him and I wondered if Gerrard would keep him in at half time. Before anyone starts the same could be said about Brown, but he tends to be more streetwise / sneaky and is not so blatant.

He's 100% correct. We were 1nil up and cruising, if the ref saw that the chances are he would have been sent off. It could have completely changed the game from us being in total control to playing with 10 men. I thought this was all behind him and I wondered if Gerrard would keep him in at half time. Before anyone starts the same could be said about Brown, but he tends to be more streetwise / sneaky and is not so blatant.
Rubbish he flicked a fly off his ear

I said this on another thread, as far as Morelos temperament is conserned he's learned nothing. I don't want him dropped, he a great footballer but he could cost us points if he doesn't get his temperament sorted
Hmmmmm

I don't know who Noel Whelan is but it did happen and he did take risks that on the day, if caught would have saw him sent off.

No point in hiding from it and pointing fingers elsewhere.
Yes there is a point - Morelos is branded petulant and childish while not a f8cking word is said about the ugly troglodyte elbowing and punching Barisic. It's disgusting double standards and more than a little sinister. We absolutely SHOULD be pointing fingers and asking why nothing is being said about that wee prick Brown always getting away with this shit.

Is this the guy who played for oirlund? Cunts about as Irish as my pepperoni pizza I had for lunch.

(edit: realised he didn’t play for oirlund, but still, he’s as Irish as my pizza for lunch)

Irrelevant opinion, noely boy, totally irrelevant.
Now, in the quiet words of Vinnie Jones...

Fuck off

lining it up for sutton to attack alfie next as in previous defeats,alfie can be his own worst enemy at times but he was on the receiving end from them but ofcourse that doesn't count

You can feel the pain coming through his comments :D

He's probably spent the last 3 days in a rage. I fear for his partner.

He's right.

But because it didn't cost us and it was Brown and we went on to win the game, it's funny as f*ck.

If he got sent off and we lost the game I suspect the reaction from our fans would be totally different but he didn't so it's hillarious. :D

I'm having to go with the general consensus.. Who the f##k is Noel Whelan... I'm not going to even waste any time googling him.

Why the feck are Noel bloody Whelan's views being sought or is it just a sly MSM ploy to once again point out that Alfie walked a thin line.

Well where the hell is the condemnation of Scott Brown after his sly "raised hands" on Barasic.

If the Scum friendly placemen are going to highlight incidents where our players may have crossed the line then we have got to ensure that we ask the same of the few Bear friendly media men in highlighting similar incidences from scum players.

Aye it was great when the scum were ripping the pish out of us regularly and laughing at us, Broon in particular. Now we’ve got guys like Morelos who absolutely hate them and noise them up on a regular basis it’s a crime. Broon is more riled up by Morelos than the other way round, it’s just that he gets away with it by useless and sometimes corrupt officials.

Morelos is an easy target because of his past indiscretions, but the reality is, he’s not a dirty player. I would argue he’s kinda misunderstood. Ask a mentally challenged what they think of him, first thing they generally say is he’s a thug, I ask why that is. He leaves his studs in, he’s a bit petulant at times, but that’s just in his nature. Sometimes yes he’s at danger of being sent off but it’s the captains job to calm him down and have a word in his ear.
I pose the same question to them about brown. His actions and general dirty play goes unnoticed pretty much every time, mainly because he’s Celtic captain and he’s Scottish, it’s part of the fabric to leave a bit on someone now and again but he’s just as dirty, if not even more so. I usually get the type of response like “ach yoor just a daft hun whoo hates broony an at” if I ever question him.
If they rat bastards had won Saturday, morelos would still have been branded a thug because he’s an easy target for them.
We as a club should now be setting the narrative here, why didn’t brown get booked or at least cited for a clear and obvious off the ball incident? Why hasn’t he been cited when gerrard got cited for comments he made in a post match interview? Why are Celtic players treated differently to rangers players?
The integrity of the people who deal with the discipline committees etc should be starting to get called into question here by the club.
We’ve had it done to us for years and years now whilst they get favourable treatment, we should be looking to turn the screw.

Back