Noel Whelan Morelos is petulant and childish

Another chance for the Morelos haters on here to have a go at him. I find it very odd that so many of our own seem to cherish every chance they get to slag him off. Maybe they would be better of supporting some other team if they hate Morelos so much.

"Morelos is petulant and childish says man who drunkenly kicked a window in his 20's and almost severed his achilles tendon"

It really doesn`t matter what his career stats are, or `who the f... is he`.
It most definitely wasn`t a sending off, but the guys right, Alfie is still
a prospective timebomb. He cant help himself, and i for one, cringe
every time he barges or leaves one on another player.
If it was any of our other guys, i wouldn`t be bothered, but you just
know most refs are desperate to do him.
He WILL cost us again.
I return to my thoughts watching the game on Saturday around that 30 odd minute mark. We're a goal up, comfortably keeping them at arms length, there has'nt been a bad tackle or challenge thus far. In short zero justification for Morelos getting involved. Whelan may be a no mark former tradesman footballer, however he most certainly has a point.

Good point Miyagi.

We really need to get to our Travis Bickle moment soon.

As well as these two good Rangers, who I think would help if they could, I think the club needs to stand up & be counted, because the SPFL issue last season wasn’t followed through, for example.
That was a massive let down, aye.

There seems to have been a decision made that we generally wont rock the boat or publically criticise.

In many ways he's correct. Wish he'd just focus on his own play rather than getting involved in shit like that. It doesn't add anything to his fame and stops him concentrating on trying to score goals.

At the end of the day (despite the score and slap) I bet Lego had a slight bit of satisfaction knowing Morelos didn't score again.

As far as Alfie's career is concerned, there's no way that kind of behaviour hasn't put of prospective buyers.

That was a massive let down, aye.

There seems to have been a decision made that we generally wont rock the boat or publically criticise.

Yes, which was frustrating given that our board publicly said they wouldn’t accept the status quo.

Things are great currently, but we know how the establishment behaved with decisions in December last year when it started to get close, so we shouldn’t get complacent.

scroob.gif

Another chance for the Morelos haters on here to have a go at him. I find it very odd that so many of our own seem to cherish every chance they get to slag him off. Maybe they would be better of supporting some other team if they hate Morelos so much.

It's also for some a bit of fear about something like that costing us. A few like Clancy would send him off. There are genuine concerns he might cost us points with this nonsense, and get himself suspended like last season, and the season before.

To everyone saying he has a point, do you think Morelos should have been sent off for the slap?

At the time, I thought Alfie and Brown were just clowning. I'd call it a playful slap and nothing more.

Let's all remember back to Alfie's sending off against them for throwing an elbow. Brown was described as being "cheeky" for tripping him and provoking a reaction.

To everyone saying he has a point, do you think Morelos should have been sent off for the slap?
It was not even close to a red card.

If any other Rangers player had done that we would see this board proclaiming the player cute for winding up Brown.

However.

Alfie has a history of stupid reds and costing us through suspensions so I think the goodwill and benefit of the doubt has been used up and what you are seeing here is nothing more than the result of that. Nobody dislikes the guy, nobody thinks it was a red card but it was, for a player with his history, a fucking stupid thing to do. He needs to concentrate on his game and keeping his nose clean.

Not a red for me tbh. If it was brown on morelos though this place would be going nuts saying its a defo red. Someone on this board was crying racism because some woman slagged morelos hair cut ffs.

I didnt want him sold and glad hes still with us but if he doesnt cut this pish out his game then he will steuggle to get the move he wants. I bet there were loads if clubs looking at him then seen the silly side to his game and thought no thanks. Especially in countries with var where silly kick outs is a red. I dont agree the small kick outs or a small slap is a red card offence tbh. Never going to hurt anyone but it gets you in trouble.

At the time, I thought Alfie and Brown were just clowning. I'd call it a playful slap and nothing more.

Let's all remember back to Alfie's sending off against them for throwing an elbow. Brown was described as being "cheeky" for tripping him and provoking a reaction.

He also held his face SB.

He cheated to get him red carded that day, despite Alfredo’s stupidity.

I'm sure they said on Clyde SSB the other night that unless there's force it would be a booking? Can anyone confirm that?

Just to check, is this the very same Noel Whelan who made a homophobic tweet in 2016 ?

Who kicked in a shop window in 1997 ?

That (his then Coventry manager) Gordon Strachan had to take into his own house for 6 weeks to try and keep him on the straight and narrow because the police warned that if he was picked up again he was going to jail ?

The same Noel Whelan that made a racist remark about Desailly in 2004 ?

For me, Whelan is summed up by this story from when he and Alan Boksic were up front for Middlesbrough:

" When Alen Boksic was at Middlesbrough, his strike partner was Noel Whelan. This did not please Alen Boksic.
One Monday after Whelan had a particularly bad game, Boksic marched into the office at Boro and said "How much does Whelan get paid per week?"... the secretary told him and Boksic then asked, "How long does he have left on his contract?", again the secretary told him and he left.

Boksic walked into the office the next day and handed the secretary a cheque and said "that's Whelan's wages for the rest of his contract, now tell him to **** off". "

A vile nobody.

Let’s get real about this. Morelos did not slap Brown. He tapped him on the back of his head. What he did was maybe silly but it didn’t and couldn’t have harmed Brown. It wouldn’t even have harmed a fly so there was no attempt to hurt Brown apart from maybe his pride. It wasn’t even provocation considering Brown was not doubt attempting to wind him up.

Alfie has a history of stupid reds and costing us through suspensions so I think the goodwill and benefit of the doubt has been used up and what you are seeing here is nothing more than the result of that. Nobody dislikes the guy, nobody thinks it was a red card but it was, for a player with his history, a fucking stupid thing to do. He needs to concentrate on his game and keeping his nose clean.

this^^^^^

Morelos on Saturday, got them right wound up, great link up play and got in their heads causing them to be off their game - childish.

Brown for the last 6 years has been doing it in every single game and I mean every single game - clever.

Brutal.

I hear former man united sensation Dong Fangzhao has a 2 page spread in the Sun tomorrow giving his opinion on Saturdays game.

He's not wrong though is he.

The Brown incident thereafter, the assault on Barasic, wasnt covered during the match. Likely he's not saw it since else he'd comment. I only saw it in here and then on social media as the clip was spread wider.
He, most likely, wasn't asked about it.
Their M.O. after a defeat is, find some Irish Catholic, with some connection to Scottish football and get him to spout negative pish about Rangers.

Surely the point is that it’s selfish immature behaviour for a professional in any sport especially a team who
Why the feck are Noel bloody Whelan's views being sought or is it just a sly MSM ploy to once again point out that Alfie walked a thin line.

Well where the hell is the condemnation of Scott Brown after his sly "raised hands" on Barasic.

If the Scum friendly placemen are going to highlight incidents where our players may have crossed the line then we have got to ensure that we ask the same of the few Bear friendly media men in highlighting similar incidences from scum players.

100% Spot on BHB.

We and he can't control what they do or don't do. We should be able to control what we do.
Nah, that isn't the point mate.

The point floating away above many heads on this thread is that when the continual focus is always on a single player's behaviour, then it becomes almost inevitable that the perception of that player becomes grossly skewed and in this player's particular case egregiously unfair

If the same ugly distortion of focus was, for instance, to fall upon Scott Brown, you tell me what kind of perception would fall upon this player and what would be the pulse of public animus towards him?

Alfie isn't perfect, but the imperfections have been magnified beyond reason by haters in Scotland and the club are having to manage this inside the hostile arena of Scottish football in a way that we don't have to when we play in Europe.

As much as we can all laugh now, we've all seen some of the ridiculous decisions given against Alfie in recent years. Was it a sending off? No. Would every man and his dog be slating Alfie had he been sent off for that (at the time or for a later second yellow)? Absolutely.

He needs to screw the nut and understand that up here he is refereed to a different standard.

Nah, that isn't the point mate.

The point floating away above many heads on this thread is that when the continual focus is always on a single player's behaviour, then it becomes almost inevitable that the perception of that player becomes grossly skewed and in this player's particular case egregiously unfair

If the same ugly distortion of focus was, for instance, to fall upon Scott Brown, you tell me what kind of perception would fall upon this player and what would be the pulse of public animus towards him?

Alfie isn't perfect, but the imperfections have been magnified beyond reason by haters in Scotland and the club are having to manage this inside the hostile arena of Scottish football in a way that we don't have to when we play in Europe.

It is the point.

Raising your hand is a red card offence. If you are sent off you put the result in jeopardy. You miss games putting those results at risk.

As Alfie, You know you can be an easy target for the refs. So you've a choice, walk away and enjoy the game and maybe get a goal or help to get a goal. Or raise your hand and potentially be sent off letting them in the game.

I don't see him reacting the same in Europe so how about he tries to act the same way domestically.

It is the point.

Raising your hand is a red card offence. If you are sent off you put the result in jeopardy. You miss games putting those results at risk.

As Alfie, You know you can be an easy target for the refs. So you've a choice, walk away and enjoy the game and maybe get a goal or help to get a goal. Or raise your hand and potentially be sent off letting them in the game.

I don't see him reacting the same in Europe so how about he tries to act the same way domestically.
No raising your hand isn't an automatic red card. If it was we would see far more red cards.
I am sure we are talking about violent conduct here and it simply was not violent conduct.
It was, however, unsporting conduct and a yellow card.
Brown's conduct seconds later against Barasic was however clearly a red card.

Yes, Alfie could behave better, but it is a passionate game played by passionate players and Alfie is always on the edge of his passion.
Brown, however, is always on the wrong side of the law in regard to red cards, it just seems that no one wants to see it.

I think this is the real point that needs expressing in regard to the last match rather than the one that the media manage to consistently divert us onto.
I think the modern term is 'gaslighting'.

When did this great sage decide to comment on Scottish Football.
Can anyone direct me to any other profound observations from Noel on the beautiful game ?.
Or was this slevering nonentity just wheeled out to try and deflect from the result at the weekend.
Complict FC - 0 Rangers - 2.
On Rangers On .

Back