Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

West Ham are doing some good business.

Chelsea will be strong if they get all these deals over the line but I think they need a striker if they are going to challenge.

Maddison is a great player. 18 goals and 12 assists for a mid table EPL team is pretty damn good.

11 goals and 10 assist the year before when he was out injured for a good chunk of it.

He would be a brilliant signing for Newcastle. Would have liked to see him at a bigger club though.
Linked with Spurs

Looks promising but that fee is madness, 1 year left on deal too.
Just chatting with a Villa fan there and apparently the lad is a bit of a bad apple.
Demanding the number 10 jersey, arguing with most of the squad… barely kicking his own backside when he did get a game.

Villa quite happy to let him go, getting £15m in return will be seen as a good result.

[
Just chatting with a Villa fan there and apparently the lad is a bit of a bad apple.
Demanding the number 10 jersey, arguing with most of the squad… barely kicking his own backside when he did get a game.

Villa quite happy to let him go, getting £15m in return will be seen as a good result.
Yeah I spoke with a youth player at Villa and he said his attitude to even the dinner ladies was shit.

Gerrard teams are all about togetherness so I see this as a win win for them.

He would say that wouldn’t he to be fair but by all accounts this lad has massive ideas above his station.

Chelsea’s strategy for players appear to be fairly haphazard and opportunistic. The new owner clearly wants to spend money but I’m not sure how much joined up thinking is going on. I’m sure I read that the staff employed by Abramovich to manage the football side left too. You never know, they’ll maybe win the league. But it’s looks to me a little like the signings at Man Utd - big names, massive money but strategically questionable. If Tuchel is driving this then maybe it’s all fine.

Juve offered a contract to Mertens, but seemingly he doesn’t want to join any rivals of Napoli. I don’t get the transfer, but fair enough from Mertens.

Speaking with a Chelsea fan today and I mentioned that I see they're doing a lot of business, he said feeling amongst their fans is it seems to be signings for the sake of signings at times.

Outside looking in, most of the ones signed - baring lad from Villa - seem to be positions they need. They badly do need a centre forward too.

Barca linked with Trent Alexander-Arnold now.

Meanwhile, Spanish media have them asking players to take wage cuts again... Surely this is verging on financial doping now.

I agree, the question is who.

Aubameyang was linked and may happen as Barca have quite a few forwards now. I wonder if Chelsea might look at someone like Toney or Calvert-Lewin.
Everton want over £60m for DCL. That’s far too much for someone with one half decent season and isn’t even as good as Abraham they let go imo.

Everton want over £60m for DCL. That’s far too much for someone with one half decent season and isn’t even as good as Abraham they let go imo.

I agree. If it gets late in the window and Chelsea haven't signed anyone they might panic though.

Might even end up with Icardi on loan

I agree, the question is who.

Aubameyang was linked and may happen as Barca have quite a few forwards now. I wonder if Chelsea might look at someone like Toney or Calvert-Lewin.
The poster below you mentions Abraham, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they went back for him.

Fab Romano is coming across as a bit of a freak with this Cucurella business. He always was, in many ways, but the fella is proper rattled here.

Brighton isn't an issue, but it's a lot of money for the player regardless of who he plays for. A very talented played, but that's alot.

English prem premium unfortunately.
Pretty sure it will make him the most expensive LB of all time. He’s a good player but that’s mental money imo.

Almost £50m profit for Brighton after one season with them.

Pretty sure it will make him the most expensive LB of all time. He’s a good player but that’s mental money imo.

Almost £50m profit for Brighton after one season with them.
Sensational scouting by Brighton from Getafe. They were always going to make a profit after his esrly performances.

Crazy money, but I'm used to it now. Like I said, you pay a premium shopping anywhere in the English market, whatever level.

Sensational scouting by Brighton from Getafe. They were always going to make a profit after his esrly performances.

Crazy money, but I'm used to it now. Like I said, you pay a premium shopping anywhere in the English market, whatever level.
Agreed but when you look at that post a few up about Gibbs White. £35m for him and we got what we got for Aribo for example it’s a boot in the baws imo.

He may not have had EPL experience but has played deep in Europe three seasons on the bounce and that seems to account for nothing.

Agreed but when you look at that post a few up about Gibbs White. £35m for him and we got what we got for Aribo for example it’s a boot in the baws imo.

He may not have had EPL experience but has played deep in Europe three seasons on the bounce and that seems to account for nothing.
When you agree to a low sell on clause to lure a player you probably couldn't afford, you have to accept when that sell on fee is activated by another club. I think we will see more of that with very promising players from down south agreeing to come here.

A total kick in the balls as you say though. But I'm glad we had Aribo than not at all.

I think that transfer will actually do more for us than the fee we got for him long term. I'm aware young players from down south who are actively letting their agents know that they would like Ibrox to be an option for them.

Is financial fair play even a thing anymore?

How are Nottingham Forest able to outspend practically everyone in the league yet the likes of Everton and Leicester can't sign anyone?

Chelsea paying that money for a LB when they have £50 million Chilwell there already and badly need a striker is a bit strange

Is financial fair play even a thing anymore?

How are Nottingham Forest able to outspend practically everyone in the league yet the likes of Everton and Leicester can't sign anyone?
I’m not going to pretend that I know much about FFP, but would the money Forest get from winning the play off not give them the leeway to spend a lot of money?

Brighton tried to pull his pants down over the Cucurella deal saying it wasn’t true when it clearly was.

A bit like the Aribo not rejecting a contract thread on here ;)

I didnt get it. Brighton denied it w days ago, subsequently the player did sign to Romano was correct all along

That's cracking signing by Everton but if they don't address the situation up front they could be in for a horrible start. DCL out for 6 weeks leaving them only Rondon as a recognised striker.
Surprised you’ve not managed to work in ‘why are they not throwing money at us for Morelos’ :))

I didnt get it. Brighton denied it w days ago, subsequently the player did sign to Romano was correct all along
Was a bit like the club coming out saying Aribo hadn’t turned down a new Rangers deal before he signed left. Maybe a deal hadn’t been made at that point but it was obvious he was leaving so it was pointless.

Back