Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

He’s coming across as very blasé about it, I could be seriously misinterpreting the whole situation right enough.
Find the whole thing very weird. Don’t understand why you’d still want to play for a club that owe you that amount of money but are signing new players all the time and he doesn’t seem to be taking any action over it.

Barca are a joke of a club.

It came out a couple of seasons ago that their President at the time hired a PR firm to try and slander Messi thinking that the fans would turn on him and side with the president. Mental.

Boehly was interested in getting Ronaldo in but was leaving the decision to Tuchel who decided he wasn't interested, guess we will see if that changes. Personally, I think they'll get Aubameyang in.

Find the whole thing very weird. Don’t understand why you’d still want to play for a club that owe you that amount of money but are signing new players all the time and he doesn’t seem to be taking any action over it.
Has to hold on in there to maintain his claim.

Boehly was interested in getting Ronaldo in but was leaving the decision to Tuchel who decided he wasn't interested, guess we will see if that changes. Personally, I think they'll get Aubameyang in.
If the choice is between Ronaldo and aubamayang. There’s not much of a choice imo. Both don’t offer very much outside the box or in terms of pressing but Ronaldo is a better finisher and better player.

If the choice is between Ronaldo and aubamayang. There’s not much of a choice imo. Both don’t offer very much outside the box or in terms of pressing but Ronaldo is a better finisher and better player.
I agree, but Tuchel may see it different having worked with Aubameyang before.

I would opt for Aubameyang.

He’s more likeable.

Ronaldo everyday of the week for me.

He gets bad press but the man is a winner and a goal scoring machine if he gets the chances.

He is also the least of Man Utd’s problems.

IMO the smart move is Aubameyang. Ronaldo wants everything to be the Ronaldo show. His sister's a boot as well.

Sadiq is a good player, as proven by his exploits since leaving Rangers but I refuse to believe someone is paying €30m for a 25 year old playing in the second division.

349-F5-E3-D-334-D-4-CB7-87-AB-59098-C9-FCC01.gif

Never really got that much of a chance here and was made scapegoat for that Aberdeen game
He actually played okay up until the dive, was holding the ball up well and trying to bring others into play. However, the dive sours everything.

That said, I felt Gerrard handled the whole situation strangely and should have either given Sadiq more time leading up to the game, or played Middleton through the middle.

He actually played okay up until the dive, was holding the ball up well and trying to bring others into play. However, the dive sours everything.

That said, I felt Gerrard handled the whole situation strangely and should have either given Sadiq more time leading up to the game, or played Middleton through the middle.
Sadiq was constantly late for training and a constant pain in Gerrard’s hole which explains his lack of game time. He phoned it in& his attitude was stinking through all the time he was here.

Sadiq was constantly late for training and a constant pain in Gerrard’s hole which explains his lack of game time. He phoned it in& his attitude was stinking through all the time he was here.
I remember reading that, but we knew for a while that Morelos & Lafferty were going to miss the semi final.

If the plan was to play Sadiq, then hardly giving him any time of the pitch wasn’t the best thing for the team. At the time I felt we should have started without him.

Makes it even more bizarre to throw him in when he did

Big bad Anthony Modeste to BVB as Haller's replacement. He had an amazing season last year but is 34 and not really at the level of a team like that.

Benjamin Sesko sigming for Red Bull Leipzig in 2023, he is superb on Football Manager so one for the future.

Man Utd were linked so another one slips through the net.

Him moving surely pushes the already desperate need for a striker

They’ve already missed out on a lot of very decent strikers due to new deals/already moved etc
I think Sterling and Werner either side of a competent CF could be fairly potent for Chelsea if they got the right man in.

I like the look of De Ketelaere. Real elegance on the ball and will take some of the burden of Leao who Milan were so reliant on due to the other attacking midfielders not being anything special.

Him moving surely pushes the already desperate need for a striker

They’ve already missed out on a lot of very decent strikers due to new deals/already moved etc
It's not fair on Havertz playing up top I don't think either he's good but wasted up front imo , who could they look to bring in now to fill the gap?

Do you know Ronaldo personally like?? Or do you base your opinions on what you read in the papers. Ronaldo apparently is the eptimomy of professionalism and other players would do well evening taking one iota of his mentality.

No, but I watch football and it's quite evident from his last few years that all Ronaldo cares about is personal accolades. Everything is about him getting his goal numbers up. Every club he's with has to change their tactics to suit him, given that he doesn't press or track back.

His sister is a maniac on social media. Anytime anyone posts anything negative about him, she's all over it. In fact Messi scored an overhead kick the other night and she tweeted something about how it's not the same as Ronaldo's overhead kick vs Juventus a few years ago.

No, but I watch football and it's quite evident from his last few years that all Ronaldo cares about is personal accolades. Everything is about him getting his goal numbers up. Every club he's with has to change their tactics to suit him, given that he doesn't press or track back.

His sister is a maniac on social media. Anytime anyone posts anything negative about him, she's all over it. In fact Messi scored an overhead kick the other night and she tweeted something about how it's not the same as Ronaldo's overhead kick vs Juventus a few years ago.
I can't comment on his sister as I'm not familiar with her body of work but for a player to reach Ronaldos level then you have to somewhat selfish, arrogant and the rest. Ronaldo wanting to get his numbers up also benefits the team it's just unfortunate that team just now happens to be a c rap Man Utd team.

I can't comment on his sister as I'm not familiar with her body of work but for a player to reach Ronaldos level then you have to somewhat selfish, arrogant and the rest. Ronaldo wanting to get his numbers up also benefits the team it's just unfortunate that team just now happens to be a c rap Man Utd team.

He also made Juventus a worse team.

Juventus in 2020-2021 with Ronaldo = 78 points and he scored 29 goals in Serie A

Juventus in 2021-2022 without Ronaldo = 65 points and their top 3 scorers in Serie A amassed 26 goals.

Juventus are / were probably on a natural decline so blaming solely Ronaldo might be a bit bold.

They signed him to win the Champions League and got further and further away from it every season.

Went from a team winning everything domestically to a team struggling for 4th in the league.

Obviously he's not solely to blame, of course not. But when he plays it's the Ronaldo show and everyone is supposed to play for him to get him goals.

Back