Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

Pish

It doesn’t happen. How many people said that about their jspanese guys and not a single one has shat it
He won't shit it, he will, however, react to it. He has temperament issues far, far worse than Morelos has ever had and has multiple sending offs to his name. First proper 'Scottish' challenge and it'll be very interesting to just how much both are treated differently. Can see him becoming Scott Brown levels of protected by referees up here and widespread criticism in the media of anyone that winds him up or leads to him being carded etc.

Are you saying Japanese and South Americans have the same mentality?

Is this lad not only 21 or so? Its a massive difference btw.
South American players are hardly known for being shitebags are they? Bit of a silly argument anyway as any individual player will be different regardless of where they’re from.

South American players are hardly known for being shitebags are they? Bit of a silly argument anyway as any individual player will be different regardless of where they’re from.

Either way he is signing for the beasts and I hope he is a massive failure and does indeed go full shitebag. Being 21 and moving from Argentina to Scotland and the difference in cultures of course its a relevant argumentative point.

Scotland is hardly awash with South American talent barring Morelos though is it?…

I totally missed this one, Jair Tavares to Hibs from Benfica B. Seems a real coup on the surface. Makes a change from scrounging around the League 1 bosmans.

I totally missed this one, Jair Tavares to Hibs from Benfica B. Seems a real coup on the surface. Makes a change from scrounging around the League 1 bosmans.

I reckon they'll finish 3rd this season.

Jota signs permanently for Celtic.
Interesting now that’s them essentially used up the last of last seasons transfer sale money.

Unsure on their reserves of course, but you’d think now any signing made will be fresh money or again from player sales. I seen Turnbull linked with a move south, so they’ll probably get a few million there.

A reason why it’s vital we start getting good money soon for our players. Otherwise we will be reliant on loan markets and such a while yet.

I reckon they'll finish 3rd this season.

They'd need one hell of a return on their signings. I can't see it personally.

Hearts to be third again is my bet.

On signings other clubs have made in the league, keep an eye out for Miovski at Aberdeen. One of those signings that will either be amazing or awful, no inbetween.

Interesting now that’s them essentially used up the last of last seasons transfer sale money.

Unsure on their reserves of course, but you’d think now any signing made will be fresh money or again from player sales. I seen Turnbull linked with a move south, so they’ll probably get a few million there.

A reason why it’s vital we start getting good money soon for our players. Otherwise we will be reliant on loan markets and such a while yet.
They'll get at least £3m for Turnbull as it's not likely he will go for less than they paid. They can also afford to speculate a little bit on more signings as they are guaranteed the UCL pot. I think they now don't have any loan players.

Their signings are decent, but so far I don't see any game changers from last season, albeit the same applies to us so far in the window.

No but he’s also a perfect example of a south american who was a nutter and the complete opposite of a shitebag :D
Shitebag or not I hope he has the daft streak that South Americans in the 90's all seemed to have when they really didn't take kindly to the notion of turning up for training. Mind one of the Inter players in the era (Adriano or Recoba maybe) had it in his contract that he could disappear to the Rio carnival every year.

Shitebag or not I hope he has the daft streak that South Americans in the 90's all seemed to have when they really didn't take kindly to the notion of turning up for training. Mind one of the Inter players in the era (Adriano or Recoba maybe) had it in his contract that he could disappear to the Rio carnival every year.
Anything that makes him another failed signing would be great

Yeah, more than once I'm sure. This is a period in football where many players are taking the opportunity to run contracts down and feel comfortable they'll get a good move.
Very possible that this will become the new normal and we’ll see less long term contracts without release clauses. Makes much more sense from a players pov.

They're guaranteed 30-40m CL money this season.

Can't be many clubs who are having a better window than Spurs. Kicking on from their strong finish to the season with proven Premier League and Serie A quality.

Regardless of the money spent or opinions on the players etc, fact is they’ve now signed 5 players on permanent contracts

Whilst we’ve yet to do anything

Pre season is imminent. Does the club really think the squad that lost the league is acceptable going into the new season?

They've tied down Carter-Vickers and Jota. A good season and they'll move on for a profit. Same goes for Abada. Juranovic has also been linked with a move away after one season. That's not panty wetting as some like to put it, that's football and something they have done quite successfully over the years. Last year it was Frimpong, Ajer and Edouard. They've also got guaranteed Champions League money.

That's on us for not winning the league when we held a clear advantage in the title race.

Can see them either challenging, or he’ll be sacked by the World Cup. Can’t work out which!
I think they’ll do well and it’s great to see Conte getting backed so he can work his magic. I think they’ll get top 4 again quite easily if their signings gel and they’ll get a decent run in the CL. City with Haaland will be some force but I could see Spurs doing well in the cups.

I think they’ll do well and it’s great to see Conte getting backed so he can work his magic. I think they’ll get top 4 again quite easily if their signings gel and they’ll get a decent run in the CL. City with Haaland will be some force but I could see Spurs doing well in the cups.
I think that’s the killer, he’s strengthened them on paper - but on paper city and Liverpool much stronger too.

Can't be many clubs who are having a better window than Spurs. Kicking on from their strong finish to the season with proven Premier League and Serie A quality.
They are spending thats for sure

I'm to be convinced on Richarlison tbh

I always thought Julian was actually quite decent and wrongly laughed at here for 1/2 bad games versus the likes of Dykes. He was/is a good ball playing centre half that for a team like Celtic on the ball plenty is what they mainly need. It’s why the big lump Duffy failed so badly - siege defenders are not what Celtic/Rangers need 9/10.

If he’s done hope he bleeds them dry doing a bobo.
Constantly pulling players down, dragging them back and getting involved off the ball. If he played for us his disciplinary record would have been appalling.

Think the problem in England now is that you have Liverpool and City. All the rest are spending tens of millions to get 3rd / 4th or avoid relegation if a promoted club has a shock season.
Saddens me to see how most also would rather the mediocre league position over cups or Europe.

Joke how badly they all usually look upon the Europa; Burnley FFS had reserve sides out.
West Ham at least went for it.

I get league positions in England can mean much more than all sponsorship of Scottish football combined. But as a fan surely rather be 12th than 10th, but win something!

They have the ability to do this mostly because they aren't scared to sell players to generate funds though. A huge chunk of our fanbase wants to keep our current players forever.

Don’t even think it’s the fans that are the issue - this Board has shown in the recent past they aren’t afraid of making decisions they know will be unpopular with the fan base.

For whatever reason (Patterson aside) we have been piss poor at realising the value of our assets, no idea whether that’s down to genuine lack of interest in our players (doubtful) or our valuations are too high or some other factor.

Of course if we were to sell a Morelos or Kent there would be some moans but the vast majority know that’s where we are in the football world now and would just get on with it provided suitable replacements are secured.

Saddens me to see how most also would rather the mediocre league position over cups or Europe.

Joke how badly they all usually look upon the Europa; Burnley FFS had reserve sides out.
West Ham at least went for it.

I get league positions in England can mean much more than all sponsorship of Scottish football combined. But as a fan surely rather be 12th than 10th, but win something!

I think the English clubs have, in the main, been better that way in the Europa League since winning it leads to a CL place.

Burnley bottled it because they had a horrible start to the league that season. In 18/19 we had an all English final, and Man Utd made the final in 2021.

Back