Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

Let me spell things out for you as economics doesn’t seem to be your strong point.

We had roughly £50 million worth of players who left the club for nothing. We had dirty rotten bastards that pillaged the season ticket money to at least the tune of another £50 million, probably more. We had contracts that were handed out to make cnuts like Ashley get virtually every penny in merchandise go to him. The subsequent legal battles have also cost inumerable £millions. The beautiful stadium which was left to rot by the bastards has now cost £millions in repairs.

Compare that to European money given to them year after year, sometimes CL money, sometimes Europa. A league an cups haul that would never have been amassed if we were not totally screwed over. I'm not saying blameless, Murray got into a position where he was fucked and took the easy way out and imo knew what was coming. They got every domestic and European advantage handed to them on a plate probably to the tune of at least £150m to £200M.

For us to have won the league and got to the Europa league final was a fucking miracle. To then see cnuts whine about how they outspend us is just nauseating. Grow up. It's 10 years since our world came crashing down. I don't think any other club in the World would have recovered so quickly so forgive me if I am not going to cry about not matching their player sales when up to 2018ish we had virtually no one of any value to sell. Certainly not at the levels they had. That's 4 years btw. It takes time to develop players and sell them. Alfie COULD have gone for big money, but who would we have in his place? I think the board did the right thing not selling him at the time. Who else have we had bids for? Ryan Kent at about 1 third of his value? Tav at a laughable level? Even Barisic was at the time a stupidly low bid. This is probably due to clubs thinking we were desperate for money and would accept way below market value. So how do we sell players when bids don't match our values?

The fact that 'they sell players' is a direct product of the 8 years of no direct competition and the money they have brought in has funded their splurge. It's not that difficult to work out.

As for buying players the club has done magnificent work to get players of real value in. We have a squad worth the same, if not more, than the scum.

Please enlighten us, genius, how do we keep buying, and adding to our wage bill, without selling first?
hear, hear!

I just meant this myth that they can’t defend - I should have actually quoted the lad a few above.

They were better in all departments last year.

Yeah, been a long time since the team who won the league didn't have the best defensive record up here.

Domestically they're pretty strong that way.

I see Celtic signed a left back from Lanus. Interesting to see that despite finishing 9th out of 26 teams, they were 25th out of 26 for goals conceded. Another Celtic defender who can't defend hopefully.
he'll get an assist on his debut and be hailed as better than Tav by the Scottish media

Them getting Jota on a permanent deal is very good business by them unfortunately

He is a very decent player and one who will no doubt go on to make them money when they sell him

Them getting Jota on a permanent deal is very good business by them unfortunately

He is a very decent player and one who will no doubt go on to make them money when they sell him

Seen journalist saying it’s very similar to Edourd’s deal with PSG that Benfica have a really high sell on % and Celtic won’t make all that much from him.

I think that remains to be seen rather than guaranteed. Wouldn't be the first player to have a great season then struggle the next.

One of my best mates is a Celtic fan and pretty much since the turn of the year he felt Jota wasn't offering enough. Had they been forced to choose between him and Carter-Vickers to sign, I reckon most of their support would have picked the latter.

He's a good player but I don't think it's a certainty he'll repeat or improve on last season.

Or dare to say it, a tall, flamboyant flair RW to bully the wee roaster at The Piggery and cause them all to turn on him
I tell you what, if I was playing against that wee Argentinian guy I’d be pulling the Scott Brown out the bag and winding the wee diddy up after seeing him react and get sent off for his old team

George Michael confirmed to have signed for the mhutants. £6.5m quoted in this article.
Says he scored 27 goals last season in the picture and then if you actually read it he scored 13 goals :D

Obviously just a mistake that try to make them look good as usual.

I think that remains to be seen rather than guaranteed. Wouldn't be the first player to have a great season then struggle the next.

One of my best mates is a Celtic fan and pretty much since the turn of the year he felt Jota wasn't offering enough. Had they been forced to choose between him and Carter-Vickers to sign, I reckon most of their support would have picked the latter.

He's a good player but I don't think it's a certainty he'll repeat or improve on last season.

He did nothing much of note in any of the OF games he played against us (aware he scored in one)

Are they well off ? Never heard of them before
Yep - Owned by Silvio Berlusconi (former president of Italy and owner of AC Milan) he took over a few years ago.

They’ve just been promoted this season - trying all they can to stay up by the looks of it.

Pish according to FF.

Surprised he’s going there though, seemed to be all but confirmed he was heading to Arsenal, perhaps game time related?

Karamoko Dembele joins Brest. Interested to see how he does over there.

Another so called wonder kid of theirs left without ever so silent. Him and Connell where meant to be world beaters etc.

I’m sure that Arsenal needed rid of Tavares before being in Hickey. I wonder if he will will play rwb for Brentford as they’ve got Rico Henry at Lwb and was more than capable last season.

Belotti is a decent player who will have a few clubs after him. Torino turned down mega bucks a few windows ago. Don’t know if he’s at that level but Chelsea could be doing with a striker now that they’ve only got havertz. Wouldn’t surprise me if he turned up there or something.

Bayo previously if Celtic to Watford for £5 million. Mad
Very strange career.

Does well in Slovenia, signs for Celtic is one of their yearly £2-5m striker signings and is hardly ever seen.

Doesn’t tear up Ligue 2 either. Signs for Genk, gets loaned out and seems to score nearly a goal every other game for Charerloi.

Pish according to FF.

Surprised he’s going there though, seemed to be all but confirmed he was heading to Arsenal, perhaps game time related?

Karamoko Dembele joins Brest. Interested to see how he does over there.
Thats the mantra.

If he's Scottish and has one bad game against us he's pish for the rest of his career for most on here

Very strange career.

Does well in Slovenia, signs for Celtic is one of their yearly £2-5m striker signings and is hardly ever seen.

Doesn’t tear up Ligue 2 either. Signs for Genk, gets loaned out and seems to score nearly a goal every other game for Charerloi.
That's the thing a lot of people fail to understand, especially the Champ Manager generation, a lot of factors come into play when it comes to how well a player does at a club.
Is his family with him? is he settled off the pitch? does he get on with his team mates? does he fit the system his team plays? does he speak the language? the list goes on.
It's not as simple as looking at his stats in CM and deciding he's good or bad.

That's the thing a lot of people fail to understand, especially the Champ Manager generation, a lot of factors come into play when it comes to how well a player does at a club.
Is his family with him? is he settled off the pitch? does he get on with his team mates? does he fit the system his team plays? does he speak the language? the list goes on.
It's not as simple as looking at his stats in CM and deciding he's good or bad.
Indeed DG.

Pukki was shite for them aswell and done alright down there. Maybe when some players find out their secrets they down tools!
I’m that bored I might do some research and see how much they’ve wasted on shite strikers in the past 10 years.

Ajeti, Bayo, Scepovic, Balde, Pukki - off the top of my head, why is about £15m :))

Back