Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

Thought chillwell was good enough tbh
Possibility of either Cucurella or Chillwell playing LCB with the other at LWB.

Also chillwell has struggled to play 30 league games in either of his 2 seasons there.

I think the big mistake will be letting Levi Colwill go to Brighton or Southampton.

problem for Leicester is Fofana is starting to force the move himself and we all know what happens when a player does that in most cases

always said "a player is worth what a club will pay for him" so I'd be looking for as much as they can get for Maddison and Forfana. Is Maddison any worse than Grealish for example? probably not

Chelsea have been totally rudderless this window. They're turning into another Man Utd, trying to sign anybody they can get a hold off without any actual plan.

Was just about to say the same thing. They seem all over the place and are about to start the season with no recognised striker and a defence where 2 or 3 want out.

Shambles

problem for Leicester is Fofana is starting to force the move himself and we all know what happens when a player does that in most cases

always said "a player is worth what a club will pay for him" so I'd be looking for as much as they can get for Maddison and Forfana. Is Maddison any worse than Grealish for example? probably not
Maddison is a really good PL player, he will be work 15-20 goals (in-terms of assists as well)

Wouldn’t really blame him for it, he’s hardly been backed compared to similar clubs.
I think Leicester is a brilliantly run football club though.

They realise that they can’t spend any money - so they won’t. But I agree I think rubber face will be off.

Possibility of either Cucurella or Chillwell playing LCB with the other at LWB.

Also chillwell has struggled to play 30 league games in either of his 2 seasons there.

I think the big mistake will be letting Levi Colwill go to Brighton or Southampton.
Least they have a buy back on Colwill though

Least they have a buy back on Colwill though
They do but it’s very short sighted management from them.

He’s on a similar timeframe to Chalobah who they persisted with.

Malang Sarr hasn’t worked out really. Fofana would be great after missing Kounde but they should keep Colwill rather than spend insane amounts on someone like Kimpembe

Transfer fees mean nothing in the Premiership nowadays tbh.

BTW when you see that list of Barca's wage bill it's absolutely mental. They swapped Arthur who is a very good player and suited Barca's style of play, for Pjanic...who is much older, doesn't suit them as much and they paid Juve as well. Can't wrap my head around that one at all. The fact they made him one of their highest earners as well is even more baffling.

I know Ansu Fati is one of their brightest prospects but having a teenager on £250k+ a week is nuts.

Transfer fees mean nothing in the Premiership nowadays tbh.

BTW when you see that list of Barca's wage bill it's absolutely mental. They swapped Arthur who is a very good player and suited Barca's style of play, for Pjanic...who is much older, doesn't suit them as much and they paid Juve as well. Can't wrap my head around that one at all. The fact they made him one of their highest earners as well is even more baffling.

I know Ansu Fati is one of their brightest prospects but having a teenager on £250k+ a week is nuts.
Something incredibly dodgy about that deal.

They swapped Arthur who is a very good player and suited Barca's style of play, for Pjanic...who is much older, doesn't suit them as much and they paid Juve as well. Can't wrap my head around that one at all. The fact they made him one of their highest earners as well is even more baffling.
Helped them big time with FFP at the time apparently but can’t remember if that was true or just rumours. Certainly made no sense Football wise. The 2 deals were actually made separately rather than a swap deal which looks very dodgy.

It was to do with the way the accounts are written. You have to mark down outgoings in one go but can amortise the incoming over the period of the contact. Well above my knowledge but it was something like that, heard Marcotti talk about it.

It was to do with the way the accounts are written. You have to mark down outgoings in one go but can amortise the incoming over the period of the contact. Well above my knowledge but it was something like that, heard Marcotti talk about it.
What does Marcotti do these days, work for the Atheltic?

Chief sports writer for ESPN is his main job but he’s helped players write a few books too. He’s made serious money. You should listen to the Gab and Juls podcast every Monday and Friday.

It’s being investigated in Italy and Spain.

The way it works is the transfer was £12m plus player effectively and the rest is a balance sheet cheat.

Although there’s been no update into the case.

Leicester asking for 60 million for Maddison. Mental asking prices for a slightly above average player

Maddison is a great player. 18 goals and 12 assists for a mid table EPL team is pretty damn good.

11 goals and 10 assist the year before when he was out injured for a good chunk of it.

He would be a brilliant signing for Newcastle. Would have liked to see him at a bigger club though.

Yeah you're right.

If you sell someone for £60m you get to recognise that £60m straight away, but if you buy someone for £60m, you get to spread that across the length of their contract (say 4 years), so technically it would show a profit of £45m for the first year.

Back