Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

Brighton isn't an issue, but it's a lot of money for the player regardless of who he plays for. A very talented played, but that's alot.

English prem premium unfortunately.
I think its the Chelsea are loaded and desperate premium but I take your point.

Fair play to Brighton for driving a hard bargain. They may be mocked for their public stance earlier this week but theyve extracted a bit more money and thats ended up some deal for them.

For Chelsea that much on any LB is madness, but its not like that was even their most pressing concern. Or any concern really.

They look well behind Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd at the moment after recent transfer moves.

Fair play to Brighton for driving a hard bargain. They may be mocked for their public stance earlier this week but theyve extracted a bit more money and thats ended up some deal for them.

For Chelsea that much on any LB is madness, but its not like that was even their most pressing concern. Or any concern really.

They look well behind Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd at the moment after recent transfer moves.
Finding their moves to be quite weird other than bringing in Koulibaly

Is financial fair play even a thing anymore?

How are Nottingham Forest able to outspend practically everyone in the league yet the likes of Everton and Leicester can't sign anyone?
Just read they are in for Aouar from Lyon aswell.

Who have Man U brought in?

I actually like Chelsea’s transfer window. If they get fofana, that would create a very good defence. Cucurella can fill in at lcb and lwb, with chilwell still coming back to fitness he’ll play lwb currently I would imagine. Also been heavily linked with bringing in a back up rwb as well.

They can basically have a back 5 of mendy in goals, fofana(if he signs), silva, koulibally, cucurella. With azpilicueta, chalobah and chilwell as back ups. I reckon they’ll sign one of aubamayang or depay, both would do well in their system. They could probably be doing with one more winger type player but there’s not a lot of quality in the market currently of players available in that position.

I don’t think Chelsea have had a great window.
The signings are being talked up but in the main I think the Sellers will be delighted. Players they've brought in are no mugs but it's perhaps fair to suggest they're just past their best and the fees are mad , even by EPL standards.

For the first time in years Chelsea no longer appear Kings of London and could wel struggle for Top 4.

It'll be interesting to see where they go after tha lt should it all go pear shaped.

Tuchel complaining until he gets the bullet seems a distinct possibility.

Cue more mad signings.

A lot of talk now that Frenkie De Jong is joining Chelsea, would be a massive upgrade for them in midfield.

Cucurella is more than a LB though, he can pretty much play lcb, lb, Lwb, lcm, lm, lw and he’s good at them all.

I’m still don’t understand why Barca never used their option on him and no one else bud before Brighton. However we’ll played as it’s paid out for them.

I watch a reasonable amount of EPL football. Not every game but enough to have a feel for the league and the players. I have never knowingly seen Morgan Gibbs-White. Wouldn’t know him from Adam, couldn’t tell you his skills, would name a dozen Wolves players before him. Absolutely wild.

I watch a reasonable amount of EPL football. Not every game but enough to have a feel for the league and the players. I have never knowingly seen Morgan Gibbs-White. Wouldn’t know him from Adam, couldn’t tell you his skills, would name a dozen Wolves players before him. Absolutely wild.
I’m sure he was on loan at the blades last season, I think he has an England cap?

Edit: Uncapped.

Same. I watch probably 3 EPL games every week and MoTD and wouldn't be able to pick him out in a line up.

Mad.

£62m for Cucurella when they already have Chilwell and they desperately need centre backs is bizarre.
Think Chelsea see cucurella as cover for lcb as well, he played there for Brighton last season. Chilwell was also injured for most of last season. And I reckon they will sign fofana in the next week or two which will solve their centre back issue.

Their next issue will be signing an attacker, they probably need both a striker and a winger but I reckon they’ll only sign a striker. They’ve got havertz and broja the now but they’ve been heavily linked with aubamayang but I don’t know if I would be signing him.

Chelsea could come out of this transfer window very well. They’ve been heavily linked with de jong, fofana, aubamayang and depay. Signing all 4 of them and they could potentially compete at the top of the table but they will finish top 4 even without signing they players.

He’s excellent but at £40m it’s a bad deal for both parties.
Wouldn’t say it’s a bad deal for wolves, £40 million pound is a lot of money and he’s told them he isn’t interested in a new deal there.

Everton seems to be a sideways move for Coady, is he a supporter of them, being from Liverpool.

Imagine saying you don't want to sign a new deal at Wolves to then move to Nottingham Forest.
Yeah it’s a weird one, especially when wolves are an established premier league team and Nottingham forest are newly promoted and one of the favourites to go down.

Back