Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

Even by United’s recent transfer disasters, Casemiro feels like it has the potential to be the absolute worst of the lot.

Huge money, wrong side of 30, never played in the league and probably doesn’t speak much English. Recipe for disaster.

Chelsea have apparently asked about the availability of Harry Maguire according to the gossip page on the bbc sport page.

Would be a headscratcher.

Even by United’s recent transfer disasters, Casemiro feels like it has the potential to be the absolute worst of the lot.

Huge money, wrong side of 30, never played in the league and probably doesn’t speak much English. Recipe for disaster.

It's bizarre even by their standards. There is absolutely no joined up thinking to their transfer policy. This is a club who can't sell players and are about to spend £70m before wages on a 30 year old.

Their midfield does need massively upgraded and Casemiro is a very good player but the alarm bell for me is he wants to leave the European champions for the (at best) fifth but probably more realistically 7th or 8th best team in England.

Give it two years and they'll be greeting about him being a drain on their wage bill.

Casemiro is fantastic and has potential to be huge for them. Great midfielder and a proper winner, his age and the money could be issues but it’s not that mental in modern football. He’ll already know Ronaldo and Varane. Also speaking Portuguese and I guess Spanish means he can communicate with the majority of the squad. What confuses me is the fact they went for Rabiot before Casemiro!

Fofana and Tielemans left out the squad for today's game. If they don't replace them I really worry for them. Madison got to be looking elsewhere too at his age.

Probably nonsense to move along the Fofana transfer.

If Manchester United get any kind of offer he has to leave. Has a bad energy and is generally shite.
Thankfully the Fofana deal should go through in the coming days because if Chelsea seriously go to McGuire then someone needs sacked behind the scenes.

He isn’t very good at football. If McGuire is worth 70m+ then I must be worth a good 10m and I’m terrible

Real lack of world class strikers nowadays.

The best ones (Lewa / Benzema etc) are all 33+

Haaland and Mbappe aren't exactly bad.

In recent years most top teams don't play with out and out strikers and rely more so on wide players to get most there goals.

Will be Interesting to see if a main number 9 comes back into fashion as that's a real change to how Liverpool and City have usually played.

Chelsea are trying to outdo MU as the basket case club. The new owner seems to want to chuck money around without any real coherent plan. Have they replaced the DOF they removed?

Selling ziyech back to Ajax and looking to offload pulisic as well. If they can sign rafael leao that would be some signing. Gordon would most likely be a rotation piece. I actually think he is a decent player, not sure he’s worth £60 million mind you but teams know Chelsea are looking to spend big.

Funny how no media outcry about Timmy gladly handing over money to a Russian club

You just know their wee green brigade losers who think they back every "cause" would be up in arms if it were Rangers signing from a Russian club.

Hudson-Odoi to Leverkusen.

I don’t rate him, but suspect he’ll be very good in Germany. Chelsea throwing mental money at him when he’d never played, just to stop Bayern getting him, always sticks in my mind.

I don’t rate him, but suspect he’ll be very good in Germany. Chelsea throwing mental money at him when he’d never played, just to stop Bayern getting him, always sticks in my mind.
Lad is ten times more famous for that than anything he ever achieved/done on a pitch!

Of course he'll be good in Germany it's an absolute jobber league outside Bayern

*awaits backlash from Bundesliga fanboys*

Good signing for Newcastle. As good as Wilson is, he has a poorer injury record than Roofe. Guaranteed to be injured every year.

Back