YoungGer97

Timothy Weah to the Rateaters, apt first name

David Vanacek from Teplice to Hearts, Jimmy Dunne back to Burnley

Gboly Ariyibi to motherwell on loan from notts forest

Ryan Gauld and Tom Glover (GK from Spurs) to Hibs on loan

Bob Belcher

Official Ticketer
Also looking at Carrasco. I didnt know he'd been in China for a year! :eek:
Paulinho to Barca last year showed that guys who go out to China aren't necessarily write-offs. He had a decent season with them and then bizarrely went back to Guangzhou. Oscar has said that he doesn't plan to be out there forever, but it's a great way to make megabucks playing shit football. Typically it's South American players from poorer backgrounds who are going out to make sure their families are set for life, although I'm not sure they can't do that playing in Europe and making tens of thousands a week.

Paulinho to Barca last year showed that guys who go out to China aren't necessarily write-offs. He had a decent season with them and then bizarrely went back to Guangzhou. Oscar has said that he doesn't plan to be out there forever, but it's a great way to make megabucks playing shit football. Typically it's South American players from poorer backgrounds who are going out to make sure their families are set for life, although I'm not sure they can't do that playing in Europe and making tens of thousands a week.
The Paulinho one I’m sure was him wanting to give himself the best chance possible to get back in the Brazil squad for the World Cup, that’s why he wanted away from China and ended up at Barca. World Cup over, back to China on loan for the dosh before signing permanently a few days ago.

Bob Belcher

Official Ticketer
The Paulinho one I’m sure was him wanting to give himself the best chance possible to get back in the Brazil squad for the World Cup, that’s why he wanted away from China and ended up at Barca. World Cup over, back to China on loan for the dosh before signing permanently a few days ago.
That's true, but my point was that moving to China is not the career graveyard that a lot of people consider it to be. To be able to go from playing in a league that's pretty low on quality, to playing regularly at arguably the biggest team in the world is something few would have thought possible. It means the likes of Carrasco going to Arsenal isn't unthinkable. He was still in the Belgium team during the World Cup.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
It is mainly now:

Spanish, Italian and German clubs scout wisely, and uncover some gems.

EPL clubs buy them for £100m.

No exciting moves in any other direction now as EPL has all the cash.

GingerRanger

What I’m struggling with, although shouldn’t be surprised, is the top EPL clubs not using their own youngsters when the likes of Bayern are willing to spend £20 million plus on them, and play them.

Surely someone at these clubs should be saying “ If Bayern think he’s good enough why aren’t we giving him a chance?”

I know money is no object for Chelsea, City etc but what’s the point of spending millions in youth football and once you’ve got the rewards you sell them and spend 3 times more on someone else or potentially buy they guy back in a few years for mental money like Pogba at Utd?

I’m sure there’s a reason I’m missing, fair play or whatever, and I’m looking at it from our point of view where we just can’t compete with the sums involved but it seems quite farcical to me.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
Biggest deal of the week so far is Lucas Paqueta moving from Flamengo to Milan for £32m.

The Fla fans love him and he scored in three cup final while in his teens (he's 21 now).

Most of the rest are loan deals.

Portrushbear

What I’m struggling with, although shouldn’t be surprised, is the top EPL clubs not using their own youngsters when the likes of Bayern are willing to spend £20 million plus on them, and play them.

Surely someone at these clubs should be saying “ If Bayern think he’s good enough why aren’t we giving him a chance?”

I know money is no object for Chelsea, City etc but what’s the point of spending millions in youth football and once you’ve got the rewards you sell them and spend 3 times more on someone else or potentially buy they guy back in a few years for mental money like Pogba at Utd?

I’m sure there’s a reason I’m missing, fair play or whatever, and I’m looking at it from our point of view where we just can’t compete with the sums involved but it seems quite farcical to me.
The EPL is a results based business where the fans are demanding instant success and managers get sacked after a couple of bad results. I reckon it's a big part of their reluctance to blood young players on a regular basis. FEAR of a couple of bad performances when you have tens of millions of pounds of proven players sitting on the bench and a young player may struggle.

Just my take on it

I fucking hate how these clubs hoover up the best talent in the world

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
Tammy Abraham rejects wolves and stays at villa

Dembele leaves spurs for Beijing 10m, out of contract in 6 months
Do Spurs ever play the lad they got from Southampton who played for Shame FC before that? Wanyama?

His stats indicate he doesn't really get a game at all now. I thought he might move on....had some talent when younger.

AyrBear

Wanyama is injured at the moment I believe.

Dembele to China for between £9m and £11m depending on where you look also causes the tims issues if they try to hawk Boyata as both Belgian internationals with 6 months left so if tims try asking for stupid money they won't get it and then lose him for free in the summer.

CooperTrueBlue

Official Ticketer
Wanyama is injured at the moment I believe.

Dembele to China for between £9m and £11m depending on where you look also causes the tims issues if they try to hawk Boyata as both Belgian internationals with 6 months left so if tims try asking for stupid money they won't get it and then lose him for free in the summer.
Surely they aren't looking for 10s of millions for Boyata, he is poor

Sebo23

Chelsea close to agreeing deals for Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella and Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Leandro Paredes according to Sky.

Also, talk Bayern have upped their bid for Hudson-Odoi to £35M.

David Edgar

Administrator
Staff member
Chelsea close to agreeing deals for Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella and Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Leandro Paredes according to Sky.

Barella is class. That would be a hell of a signing.

Forza_Napoli

Emry saying arsenal can't afford to buy players this window and it would only be loans if your a season ticket holder there you must be furious. They've got a manager who's starting to take them forward and progress the club plenty money in the bank yet there still penny pinching. No doubt they'll lose aubameyang and lacazette to City or Chelsea in a few years time because the club have zero ambition

Seen that on Sky last night - linked to Napoli too. Being compared to Steven Gerrard, in his style of play?

Arnoutovic telling West Ham he wants the move to China. Can’t believe his brother and agent had the cheek to say he wanted to go and challenge for titles!! Every young guys dream to win the Chinese Super League!

Nothing to do with money at all....

On another note, it’s another EPL club that will have money to spend and need a striker. Hands off Alfredo.

Arnoutovic telling West Ham he wants the move to China. Can’t believe his brother and agent had the cheek to say he wanted to go and challenge for titles!! Every young guys dream to win the Chinese Super League!

On another note, it’s another EPL club that will have money to spend and need a striker. Hands off Alfredo.
We know WHam will have £35m so start the bidding high!

TPB90

If he goes to China for £35M then we should be asking for similar for Morelos if they come asking about him.