Non Rangers Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Nathan9719972

Created a non rangers transfer thread allowing for the other transfer thread to be kept on track.

James Rodriguez to Everton(Deal Agreed)
Danny Van De Beek to Man Utd (Deal Agreed)
Timothy Castagne to Leicester (Deal Agreed)
Connor Gallagher(Chelsea) - Loan to Crystal Palace
Upamecano(RB Leipzig)bid incoming from Man Utd
Leeds - Josko Gvardiol Croatian CB - €20m talks with Zagreb ongoing
Allan (Napoli) to Everton(Deal Agreed)
Sandro Tonali - AC Milan(Deal agreed)

Last edited:
Allan from Napoli to Everton has been agreed as well.

De Laurentiis confirmed this yesterday.

The most important transfer of the coming Serie A season is that of Sandro Tonali. Inter were the favourites for the wonder kids signature, they’ve been arse-ing about that much though Milan have swooped in and taken him.

Deal agreed, loan to buy.

Created a non Rangers transfer thread allowing for the other transfer thread to be kept on track.

Linked to Celtic when he was there?

Any time I see Everton buying I instantly presume it will be a disaster for them. Seems to be no strategy

Usually I would agree but Allan and Rodriguez look like players Ancelotti wants to work with. Definitely had Allan at Napoli when he was there, could well have had Rodriguez at Madrid.

He still needs a goalkeeper as Pickford is brutal right enough.

Created a non Rangers transfer thread allowing for the other transfer thread to be kept on track.

Welcome back big chap.

Sarr would be a smart buy for Liverpool but not at £40m.
I wouldn’t be expecting Liverpool to spend £40m on anyone. Appears now they’ve won the title they aren’t pushing on and investing as they should which is frustrating to see cos they have the base there to go on and dominate for years to come but they appear to be lacking behind Chelsea, City and even Man Utd(Van De Beek and Fernandes)

Inter losing Tonali is disgraceful.

Boy is going to be an absolute star for 15 years and they've delayed finalising it for so long that Milan were able to steal him, so that Inter can target at 35 and 33 year old instead. Awful, awful business.

Inter losing Tonali is disgraceful.

Boy is going to be an absolute star for 15 years and they've delayed finalising it for so long that Milan were able to steal him, so that Inter can target at 35 and 33 year old instead. Awful, awful business.
Their squad is old enough as it is as well, Barella and Martinez are the only two regular players I can think of under the age of 24 I think, then Esposito should he become a regular sub.

Van De Beek is a cracking signing for Man Utd.

Box to box midfielder, creative, has an eye for goal and puts in some shift anytime i have seen him.

Their squad is old enough as it is as well, Barella and Martinez are the only two regular players I can think of under the age of 24 I think, then Esposito should he become a regular sub.

Realistically, they have a strong core of good age players in Barella, Bastoni, Hakimi, Lautaro and Lukaku (Skriniar too, but apparently they're going to sell) - outside of that, age and quality is a real problem.

They should really have a midfield of Tonali-Barella-Zaniolo currently, instead they used Zaniolo as a make weight to sign an old Nainggolan who flopped and are losing out on Tonali to sign another two old guys. It's horrendous strategy.

In fairness to Inter, I do wonder if the uncertainty around Conte post Europa final put them out of the transfer loop a bit

I love Conte, but it's quite the opposite in this case. It's him that's asked them to sign Vidal and Kolarov instead of Tonali and sadly they have agreed.

This is the kind of signing that could bring AC back to the top - inter have royally fucked it!
Tonali alongside post lockdown Kessie with Calhanoglu infront is a great midfield. They should really push for Chiesa and a solid centre back to play with Romagnoli

In fairness to Inter, I do wonder if the uncertainty around Conte post Europa final put them out of the transfer loop a bit

Aye good point, although they seem to be prioritising next season over the future. Imagine Tonali, Zaniolo and Barella as your midfield 3! As an AC man I'll take it

I love Conte, but it's quite the opposite in this case. It's him that's asked them to sign Vidal and Kolarov instead of Tonali and sadly they have agreed.
The Vidal obsession he has is weird, remember the Mandzukic pursuit or Giroud?. It’s an odd strategy, not saying they aren’t good players because they do need back up strikers but surely someone younger....

Reactions: KL2
The Vidal obsession he has is weird, remember the Mandzukic pursuit or Giroud?. It’s an odd strategy, not saying they aren’t good players because they do need back up strikers but surely someone younger....

I get why he wanted Vidal, he was brilliant for him at Juventus. One of the best midfielders in the world under Conte, but that was 7-8 years ago. At 33, to lose Tonali for that signing is madness.

Everything he's asking for is very short term.

Tonali-Bennacer-Kessie.

That is an absolutely fantastic midfield trio.
I can see them sticking with 4231 though and just regularly rotating between the three of them. Calhanoglu is thriving sitting in that spot and pulling the strings.

I can see them sticking with 4231 though and just regularly rotating between the three of them. Calhanoglu is thriving sitting in that spot and pulling the strings.
FWIW, that’s what I would do. It’s scandalous HC was playing left midfield when he can hardly move, his technical ability is so much better suited to a 10 in that formation.

Thats my favourite Milan formation and suits their squad best.

Reactions: LD5
FWIW, that’s what I would do. It’s scandalous HC was playing left midfield when he can hardly move, his technical ability is so much better suited to a 10 in that formation.

Thats my favourite Milan formation and suits their squad best.
Salaemaekers and Casti are good players but not the top level they need, getting a guy like Chiesa or Berardi would take them up a notch. They are 4 players away from challenging imo, ST, RW, CB and RB.

The most important transfer of the coming Serie A season is that of Sandro Tonali. Inter were the favourites for the wonder kids signature, they’ve been arse-ing about that much though Milan have swooped in and taken him.

Deal agreed, loan to buy.
That’s an outstanding signing from Milan.

Back