Non-Rangers Winter transfer thread 22/23

All us Football Manager players know that it would be a nightmare dealing with all those wide players moaning about getting game time! B-D

If they're looking for offers for Pulisic, Ziyech and Sterling, that would maybe explain it, but I don't know if that's the case.
They are apparently listening to offers on all three of them.

Leicester are reported to be targeting Stoke City centre-back Harry Souttar and have apparently offered £10m for the 24-year-old Australia international. Pity it wasn't his brother John they were offering that for but there you go! ;)

Arsenal just signed a Poland CB for £20m Jacob Kiwior from Spezia. He’s only made 37 appearances after signing from Zilina in Slovakia.

They are apparently listening to offers on all three of them.
Signing random players while looking to offload years of dross intakes.

They actually have a decent squad as is and just need to trim a few but new owners mean a randomizing of the board.

Graham Potter is not going to survive a shambles like this.

Makes you ask why this lad was a second choice when his numbers look for better than the other Korean chap who knocked them back
There's been a theme at Celtic since the fat Aussie took over. A few of there best players have ended up being 2nd or even 3rd choice target.

Juranovic was 3rd
Jota was 2nd
O'Reilly was 2nd choice.

So hopefully this one fails.

The Raskin post has been pulled too, presumably because it wasn't genuine? Transfer thread was mental but you couldn't stop looking at it. Like a 10 car pile-up.

English goalkeepers must absolutely love their job these days, due to the HGQ for English clubs they always have a chance of pitching up at a top club as 3rd choice.
Butland was really good at one stage. Seemed to have his head screwed on, I thought he was going to be the regular England no. 1 for years to come. How wrong was I.

I’m not sure about the £9m but Sommer is a great keeper, one of the most underrated keepers about over the past decade.

He was out of contract in the summer but there was always going to be a premium because of the timing.

A deal was agreed with Kasper Schmeichel as the fall back option :eek:

I don’t see replacing their Croat with that Canadian RB as an improvement for the filth.

Weakened in that area and Greek striker usually a threat also so I doubt they’ll be upgrading on him.

Lawwell is back, finds out that they've signed a rb for £3m to replace Juranovic, but Juranovic not moving so needs to "negotiate " him to leave.
Decent move for Juranovic, good league and easy to get home to Croatia.

Trossard for £20m is a much better deal than Mudryk for £95m.

It’s not even close.
This so Trossard's only real stand out season and he's 28 years old.

Mudryk ceiling is far higher and the initial fee is £62 million. I think with add ons it's £90 mil which is still a helluva lot of money but he can go on to top top things.

Filth now desperate to unload these two unhappy campers

I thought he was on loan? Jenz that is.

I know its seldom mentioned when you're winning. Other than making the loans from last season permanent, they've not bought that well since imo. Mooy on a free and that's about it. The argentine and the two lads from brought from Rubin Kazan have barely played.

Obviously the two Japanese lads they've signed this winter have barely played yet either and Johnston seems to be an okay signing, but he's not an improvement on Juranovic.

Weird it's not being called out. Weird they seem to be keen on punting two of their better players on the cheap.

I thought he was on loan? Jenz that is.

I know its seldom mentioned when you're winning. Other than making the loans from last season permanent, they've not bought that well since imo. Mooy on a free and that's about it. The argentine and the two lads from brought from Rubin Kazan have barely played.

Obviously the two Japanese lads they've signed this winter have barely played yet either and Johnston seems to be an okay signing, but he's not an improvement on Juranovic.

Weird it's not being called out. Weird they seem to be keen on punting two of their better players on the cheap.
Great recruitment though according to FF.

Haksabanovic & Bernabei cost just slightly less than our total summer spend - should put some things into perspective.

Seem to be selling two of their better players for relatively little, its rather odd.

Trossard for £20m is a much better deal than Mudryk for £95m.

It’s not even close.
Most definitely, that goes without saying.

I believe Trossard will have a bigger impact than Mudryk. No doubts Mudryk is a cracking player, however, it wouldn’t surprise me if he really struggles at Chelsea.

Haksabanovic & Bernabei cost just slightly less than our total summer spend - should put some things into perspective.

Seem to be selling two of their better players for relatively little, its rather odd.
Looks very much like the Aussie Drill Instructor isn’t particularly good at keeping players happy, or signing anyone beyond the Asians that hang around/play for long for them

Yeah quite, it's strange eh, it doesn't get highlighted at all. They'll be hoping that the new right back and 2 Japanese lads work out. Because otherwise that's two stinking windows (in terms of new faces) in a row. Which given the spend, is mental.

Obviously some players could emerge at a later date, but aye. If we'd spent that much and barely used those players, the wider Scottish football community would be giving us pelters.

Back