Non-Rangers Winter transfer thread 22/23

Worth noting that their signings are on much lower wages now, I was also told that there’s issues with George Michael.

They are getting results but the noises coming out are that issues are around the corner, fingers crossed but sadly I have a source close to them through a relationship and it’s often spot on

What issues?

WhatsApp message? B-)

Mckennie of Juventus to Leeds gathering pace

He’s given green light to transfer

clubs in talks over deal

£900 a week.

Fucking hell man, that’s immediately made it into my ‘FF Mental Post’ top ten.
He was on 400 in Holland ffs! Second division etc.

Like us picking up Kevin Kyle and giving him 10k a week when it should have been 300 lol

Honestly it’s the reason he is going

He's on 18k a week according to this, you've absolutely made that up! No way a first team player at them is getting paid 1.3k a week.

He wants 18k a week

He is absolutely 100% not on 18k a week.

When they signed him he was on 400 plus bonus so they offered a grand plus bonuses etc.

You can trust that website and file me under shite all you want as I couldn’t care about them to argue or go into great debate but I know why he is leaving and it’s his wage.

He's on 18k a week according to this, you've absolutely made that up! No way a first team player at them is getting paid 1.3k a week.

When Celtic were first lined with him the talk was he wanted €700k-per-year (£596k) - equates to around £11.4k-per-week.

He's never on just over £1.3k a week.

He wants 18k a week

When they signed him he was on 400 plus bonus so they offered a grand plus bonuses etc.

You can trust that website and file me under shite all you want as I couldn’t care about them to argue or go into great debate but I know why he is leaving and it’s his wage.
Do you honestly think that a Greece international striker who had played over 100 games in the top division in Greece and moved to the Dutch top division was on 20k a year? :))

Ffs haha

Do you honestly think that a Greece international striker who had played over 100 games in the top division in Greece and moved to the Dutch top division was on 20k a year? :))

Ffs haha
VVV-Venlo’s wage average is around €1,500 a week, they’re a tiny club.

However, the idea that he moved to Celtic with their insane wage bill for £900 a week is absolutely fucking tremendous.

Not sure how accurate these sites are similar one for us has our wage bill at £24m a season when the accounts for same year say £37.8m.

tim colleague of mine told me the greek fella is on 15k and was told it would increase if they won the league. They offered him 18k but he wanted around 30k.

He wants 18k a week

Sorry, see for a minute there I thought you were saying one of Celtic’s main players was only on £900 a week. What am I like, lol.

Oh….

He wants 18k a week

Definitely filed under shite!
No first team player, squad or otherwise is getting 1k a week from us or them. Or Livi for that!!

Nice double down btw..

Last edited:
I don't think it's incorrect to say wage will be his big main issue. I'm sure I read it was a handshake agreement that he would get a considerable rise if he did well. Obviously now backing off of that agreement and punting him to anyone that wants him for minimal profit.

He wants 18k a week

Are you having a stroke?

He wants 18k a week

Username doesn’t check out.

Not a chance an Eredivise side is paying 400 pounds/euros a week you having a laugh?

My work are recruiting for a receptionist. We've entered the chase for Giorgios Giakoumakis. It's a long-term contract with a decent pension and no weekend or evening work so I reckon he might go for it rather than a fixed-term four year deal and have to work every weekend. I heard this on the work Whatsapp this morning so it's from as reliable a source as you'll get. Will post updates later.

Their manager has worked over there and understands the culture - his replacement likely wont have.

A dressing room with half a dozen Pacific Tims must have cliques and if one leaves the remainder may not want to be last man standing.
Japanese players don't have to work with managers who know their culture though. There are Japanese players playing all over europe. They will play for their own careers.

Hearts have just signed one.

Japanese players don't have to work with managers who know their culture though. There are Japanese players playing all over europe. They will play for their own careers.

Hearts have just signed one.

No other team in the SPFL - in fact probably not in the Uk has 6+ squad members from 1 country outside the Uk - nevermind the EU.

If you are happy with your team taking these risks - carry on.

He is on something like 900 to 1300 a week and wants 20k
6c486a070ddf3e02457c6100c0bef8cd.jpg

All going to shit at Everton. Danjuma goes cold on them while Gordon and Onana are being linked with moves away. Don't see it with Gordon myself but suppose if any club can turn him into a player it's Howe at Newcastle.

All going to shit at Everton. Danjuma goes cold on them while Gordon and Onana are being linked with moves away. Don't see it with Gordon myself but suppose if any club can turn him into a player it's Howe at Newcastle.

I think Gordon is a good player, in a really bad team. He stood out last year but Everton have deteriorated again since last season.

Him and Pickford are the two from that team that will make Everton some money but with only a year and half left on Pickfords contract not sure they will make as much as they could've in the summer there.

I think Gordon would be excellent in this current Newcastle team and make them much stronger as a squad as well giving them more options. I am really surprised Newcastle have not made more moves this window to try and cement their top 4 status and get this cup win.

I am really surprised Newcastle have not made more moves this window to try and cement their top 4 status and get this cup win.
A week left to do so although their fans still talk about the time Asprilla's mid-season arrival in 96 was suppose to cement the title. Not had much on the park to talk about since then till now to be fair.

No other team in the SPFL - in fact probably not in the Uk has 6+ squad members from 1 country outside the Uk - nevermind the EU.

If you are happy with your team taking these risks - carry on.
Pathetic and as much as we'd all like to see your scenario turn out that way some live in the real world. These asian players have ambitions to play at the top. If you think they'll just down tools because a manager leaves that is up to you.

Back