Non-Rangers Winter transfer thread 22/23

Manchester City transfer news: Bayern Munich sign Joao Cancelo on loan​

Chat of a fallout with Pep. He's a hell of a player to.

I honestly think Everton should get relegated and take a year out of the premiership.

Sounds mad but they need an identity and to get the confidence back in their players. That only comes by winning games and they could win loads in the championship.

They have a relatively young team that would benefit playing more games and they would get good £ for the likes of Pickford to buy again.

£3m for Dundee United gives them a huge chance to do a mini rebuild in the summer and establish themselves as a top half side again, with Aberdeen and Hibs very weak at the moment. Sell-on fees are the way forward for Scottish clubs.
The money is the equivalent of them selling their best player but obviously without having to sell anyone. Could be massive for them.

I honestly think Everton should get relegated and take a year out of the premiership.

Sounds mad but they need an identity and to get the confidence back in their players. That only comes by winning games and they could win loads in the championship.

They have a relatively young team that would benefit playing more games and they would get good £ for the likes of Pickford to buy again.
They've got a bit fancy new stadium currently being built as well. 52,000 seater in the championship :eek:

£3m for Dundee United gives them a huge chance to do a mini rebuild in the summer and establish themselves as a top half side again, with Aberdeen and Hibs very weak at the moment. Sell-on fees are the way forward for Scottish clubs.

That might be a tricky one for them - they made a small profit of around £300k in their last financial results, with £1.3m of a profit on player sales being one of the factors there. The season before, their losses were around £2.5m.

They made a few signings in the summer just past and I don't think they moved much out of the door in terms of wages. That money for Souttar may not go quite as far as we'd expect.

The Ziyech to PSG loan might be off because Chelsea arsed up the paperwork no less than three times.

That might be a tricky one for them - they made a small profit of around £300k in their last financial results, with £1.3m of a profit on player sales being one of the factors there. The season before, their losses were around £2.5m.

They made a few signings in the summer just past and I don't think they moved much out of the door in terms of wages. That money for Souttar may not go quite as far as we'd expect.
Of course, but the flip side is that it only takes a little bit of money to make a huge difference to the kind of player clubs in this league can afford. £3m in the door will make an immediate difference to that.

They've got a bit fancy new stadium currently being built as well. 52,000 seater in the championship :eek:
If it’s good enough for Sunderland etc…

I’m sure they would come back up at the first attempt. At least then they would be ready for the premiership rather than years of relegation battles. Losing most weeks isn’t fun I would imagine.

Never been a better time for clubs like Dundee United, Motherwell and maybe even St Mirren to get themselves established.

Wait, did Everton not buy any players? I have 50 quid on them to stay up FFS.

Wait, did Everton not buy any players? I have 50 quid on them to stay up FFS.
0 lol what a way to back your new manager eh…

Dyche is a decent enough manager and I think he’ll get the best out of what they have, I just don’t think it will be enough this season.

0 lol what a way to back your new manager eh…

Dyche is a decent enough manager and I think he’ll get the best out of what they have, I just don’t think it will be enough this season.
I just assumed he would spend all of the Gordon cash at least.

Looked like Easy money at 7/5 :confused:

Not alot of time to get them going, and not many in the squad are his type of player.

I think the Everton board are preparing for next year in the championship.

Keane, Tarkowski and McNeil were all great for him at Burnley and are at Everton.

If they don't get relegated.
The £3m will go towards their crippling debts.

Back