Non-Rangers Winter transfer thread 22/23

Not really a good metric considering he’s not been fit since a new manager has came in

I'm basing it off our current squad and the transfer money we've spent.

He couldn't get a game ahead of a mediocre Barisic other than a cup run out.

I hope he goes on to be a superstar for us, I just think £5m was a helluva lot to spend on a left back when we've been crying out for a midfielder, right winger and keeper for 2 seasons.

I'm basing it off our current squad and the transfer money we've spent.

He couldn't get a game ahead of a mediocre Barisic other than a cup run out.

I hope he goes on to be a superstar for us, I just think £5m was a helluva lot to spend on a left back when we've been crying out for a midfielder, right winger and keeper for 2 seasons.
He couldn't get a game? He was just in the door and doesn't speak english, giving him time to bed in wasnt an unusual approach and has hee haw to do with his ability.

It also wasnt 5 mill either, so you can feel better about the cash spent.

He couldn't get a game? He was just in the door and doesn't speak english, giving him time to bed in wasnt an unusual approach and has hee haw to do with his ability.

It also wasnt 5 mill either, so you can feel better about the cash spent.

Time to bed in?

Do you not remember he was in the door 5 minutes and started ahead of Barisic? He wasn't great and was rarely seen again.

Transfermarkt says it was £4m so apologies for being a million out.

Point remains that a club in our financial position can't afford to be spending that sort of money on expensive subs when we have glaring deficiencies in our starting 11.

Leicester signing a full back for £17m from Copenhagen as well - maybe the gems from Scandinavia are out of our price range as well now
He may well turn out to be a good Player but Leicester are the sort of EPL Club who will always be mugged off in the market. Everyone knows they’re loaded and the Manager isn’t making the signings. A bad combo for table negotiations.

Re Scandinavia, and indeed similar markets, surely Rangers should look to setup full time Scouting or connections to a network based there so we can try and get in at ground level for some of these players?

By ground level I don’t mean kids as they’d never get a game here but a player who has emerged and would be ready to play for us but who had not broken out to preSuperstar status.

I’d rather they invest time and money in that than rely on Agents calling Ross Wilson or viceversa.

See the scum fullback has now went from 7 million Euros to 10 million Pounds.
Union Berlin now must be bidding against themselves.

Seville calculator repurposed as the transfer accumulator. Kinda like the Disco lights being brought out for SPFL duty.

He may well turn out to be a good Player but Leicester are the sort of EPL Club who will always be mugged off in the market. Everyone knows they’re loaded and the Manager isn’t making the signings. A bad combo for table negotiations.

Re Scandinavia, and indeed similar markets, surely Rangers should look to setup full time Scouting or connections to a network based there so we can try and get in at ground level for some of these players?

By ground level I don’t mean kids as they’d never get a game here but a player who has emerged and would be ready to play for us but who had not broken out to preSuperstar status.

I’d rather they invest time and money in that than rely on Agents calling Ross Wilson or viceversa.
Leicester are far from loaded.

Looks like he going to them. I seen on sky sports news report said the other week there that a club have offers him double wages and 2 green cards is it me or how can a club promise that or no questions ask. SNP

are there no limits about how many players can be bought from another continent? it's ridiculous at this point and has to be seen as bad for the scottish game surely. sfa should think about introducing rules if they dont already exist.

are there no limits about how many players can be bought from another continent? it's ridiculous at this point and has to be seen as bad for the scottish game surely. sfa should think about introducing rules if they dont already exist.
Is it the same agent that is doing all these Asian deals ?

In what way would it be seen as bad for the Scottish game?

If you look at the viewing for the SPFL highlights page on Youtube, they constantly get +500k views when we average around 80-90k.

The SFA/SPFL won't be giving 2 f*cks.

Notice Chris Wood has signed for Nottingham Forest for 15m because their other striker is injured for a couple of months.

6 Japanese players and 1 South Korean is a high number of Asian players in one dressing room.

I accept it’s a market that AP knows well but there is an element of risk to those numbers.

My feeling is that they have peaked - i hope i’m proved correct

6 Japanese players and 1 South Korean is a high number of Asian players in one dressing room.

I accept it’s a market that AP knows well but there is an element of risk to those numbers.

My feeling is that they have peaked - i hope i’m proved correct
As mentioned - do they share an agent ?

What happens if the manager quits ?

No idea about the same agent per player but I would be amazed if they don’t use the same intermediary.

Good point about the manager, I suppose they are protected in that all the players would get moves back to Japan but, if they wanted to keep that model, they would need to recruit a manager with experience in that region- you would think.

That's the attraction for these players. One decent season in Germany then you have the pick of clubs and leagues for your next move.
Much like Bassey for us and Juranovic for them. Handle the pressure of playing for a big Club and perform well in Europe, we are the ideal stepping stone and I am sure that is how we are sold to players.

Last edited:
No idea about the same agent per player but I would be amazed if they don’t use the same intermediary.

Good point about the manager, I suppose they are protected in that all the players would get moves back to Japan but, if they wanted to keep that model, they would need to recruit a manager with experience in that region- you would think.
Why would they?

Can Japanese players not play for managers that haven't managed in Japan? It's a crazy train of thought.

Last edited:
6 Japanese players and 1 South Korean is a high number of Asian players in one dressing room

Ive got a funny feeling they have been told something along the lines of "look, come over here, I guarantee you will play, give us a year or 18 months, make yerself known, and I'll let you move on and make yourself a few quid elsewhere in Europe". Mario (no one else think Ange looks like Mario?) is selling the team down the river for short term gain, and they are all too dumb to see it.

Back