Normal allocation for potential Aberdeen cup tie?

Notice a lot of folk saying t he police will block us getting the full allocation as though it should be accepted fact. Can anyone offer any reasoning for this?
Apart from the time when some sheep fans made themselves look like tits by gunning along the track and hitting an old guy what habe the larger Rangers support done wrong to lead you to this conclusion?

Notice a lot of folk saying t he police will block us getting the full allocation as though it should be accepted fact. Can anyone offer any reasoning for this?
Apart from the time when some sheep fans made themselves look like tits by gunning along the track and hitting an old guy what habe the larger Rangers support done wrong to lead you to this conclusion?

I'm not saying it's right mate, but that's the facts.

Rightly or wrongly, the police have the final say.

We'd all love a bigger allocation and less of a scramble for tickets.

Do you know if it’s a free for all mate or a ballot?

I'm seeing a lot of posts though mate saying simply there's no way plod will allow it. Which certainly suggests they seem to understand some kind of logic.

Probably the same posters that simply replied "Plod won't allow it, it'll never happen" to them bring removed from the Broomloan. It's pathetic.

Do you know if it’s a free for all mate or a ballot?

Haven't heard mate, but I'd expect a ballot.

Whatever way they do it, demand will massively outstrip supply and there will be an almighty scramble for me, you and the usual travelling bears.

Ok. Lets get serious here.

20% is in the competition rules

Rangers have had 20% as a routine previously

Police Scotland are denying Rangers and Aberdeen revenue with no reason to do so.

Why is the Police Ombudsman or whoever not being notified of this restriction of trade ?

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3998/scottish-fa-handbook-18_19.pdf

29. Tickets for Sale

29.1 For any Match, excluding the Semi-Final Matches and the Final Match, to which admission is wholly or partly by ticket and/or by cash admission at the turnstiles, the Away Club shall have the right to claim admission for its supporters of up to 20% of the spectator capacity of the Registered Ground at which the Match is to be played.

29.2 In the case of Matches falling under the terms of Competition Rule 29.1, the Away Club’s supporters shall be accommodated in an area of the ground which is agreed by both Clubs and the Police authorities after having taken cognisance of the Safety at Sports Ground Act, 1975, where appropriate

On what grounds could Police Scotland feasibly object? If true that they have.

The decision is likely to affect revenue for each club on the basis that the extra 2k tickets aren’t going to be sold otherwise. (As previously mentioned)

They've taken the 2nd fence down. That'll be the reason they're using.

So are Aberdeen therefore refusing to provide an appropriate area that can comply with the rules ?

Theres zero fences at Ibrox.

Don’t want to hear from Stewart Robertson or whoever weeks after the event (as per BBC), action now makes a difference to the teams chances

The decision

A) makes a mockery of Scottish Cup rules, which have probably been in place for decades, and I imagine are there for a reason, encourages “Cup tie atmosphere”
B) affects the club’s chances of progression (arguably, larger away support etc)
C) affects revenue for each club
D) deprives our supporters of the chance to enjoy the fixture
E) reduces the spectacle of the fixture etc, has a knock on effect when broadcaster is paying for rights, so further revenue deprivation

So what reason is being given by Police Scotland for the decision and is it being challenged by the club? (If, by assumption this has been a decision made by them)

So are Aberdeen therefore refusing to provide an appropriate area that can comply with the rules ?

Don’t want to hear from Stewart Robertson or whoever weeks after the event (as per BBC), action now makes a difference to the teams chances

As @sregnar posted for me the 2nd fence was taken down in I think 2013? but that shouldn't have stopped us from getting those 2 extra blocks as Aberdeen were willing to hand them over but have been overruled by the police

Any replay allocation for Aberdeen should be the corner now going on what has been given to us in Aberdeen

It will be an absolute farce if we don't get an increased allocation for this game.

They can't sell out their allocation so this will be costing us money.

Did the dick that runs the sfa not come out in the papers saying if we draw Celtic they get the broomloan back?
Wonder if he’ll have anything to say about this?

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3998/scottish-fa-handbook-18_19.pdf

29. Tickets for Sale

29.1 For any Match, excluding the Semi-Final Matches and the Final Match, to which admission is wholly or partly by ticket and/or by cash admission at the turnstiles, the Away Club shall have the right to claim admission for its supporters of up to 20% of the spectator capacity of the Registered Ground at which the Match is to be played.

29.2 In the case of Matches falling under the terms of Competition Rule 29.1, the Away Club’s supporters shall be accommodated in an area of the ground which is agreed by both Clubs and the Police authorities after having taken cognisance of the Safety at Sports Ground Act, 1975, where appropriate

Nothing from history makes this an appropriate example though mate.

If true then it’s total bollocks from the police.

We are due 20% and Club this is what I hope the club will be demanding. I know police have final say but we should be calling the feckers out on this.

Police clamping down on it its always been the Sheep that haven't behaved last time we had the big allocation it was their so called causals that stormed the pitch and bricked an OAP. If they game goes to a replay then we should give them minimum tickets.

Don’t want to hear from Stewart Robert
son or whoever weeks after the event (as per BBC), action now makes a difference to the teams chances

The rule is "Up to 20%".

That can mean any figure they want.

My opinion on this - good news. We’re denied our 20% for this match = they will not get the broomloan back for any future cup matches.

Aberdeen not giving us the whole 20% just sets a nice precedent for us if we draw the tramps. We can just give them 800 tickets.

Every cloud and all that I suppose.

Kick in the stones that. Stood at Cowdenbeath for 2 hours and froze my bollocks off, then spent £54 for the two Kilmarnock games and still nothing.

Back