Normal service resumed for Messi at Barca

robandmundt

Puts them 1-0 up at home to Alaves just after the hour mark, free kick from 25 yards slotted under the jumping wall

20 shots and only one goal. Either keeper having a blinder or they need a finisher. Over reliant on Messi last season. If he gets injured they’ll struggle against teams with better defences.

He could score 2 every game until December 31st and he still won't get the Ballon d'Or this year because Ronaldo scored an overhead kick against Juve and won the Champions League.

He could score 2 every game until December 31st and he still won't get the Ballon d'Or this year because Ronaldo scored an overhead kick against Juve and won the Champions League.

From 1st January until now, Mo Salah is absolutely the #1. Modric #2.

Ronaldo won't get near it this year.

A few months to go, but Salah has to be the frontrunner.
Remember, it's not just some prize they give out, it's voted on by people in the game.
I can't even see Ronaldo top 3 at the moment.

Remember, it's not just some prize they give out, it's voted on by people in the game.

Ronaldo will get it for the overhead kick and the hat trick vs Spain.

Wouldn’t be in my top 3 though, disappeared for half a season.

Why the hell would Mo Salah be #1? :D

He had a good season in the league (still not as good as Ronaldo or Messi's) but that's about it. Liverpool won nothing and it's often the best team who wins the CL who gets the award (hence Ronaldo being a stick on).

Messi won't win it purely because the narrative is that he was poor for Argentina in the World Cup. It's a shambles that he's only won it once in the last 5 years tbh.

Why the hell would Mo Salah be #1? :D

He had a good season in the league (still not as good as Ronaldo or Messi's) but that's about it. Liverpool won nothing and it's often the best team who wins the CL who gets the award (hence Ronaldo being a stick on).

Messi won't win it purely because the narrative is that he was poor for Argentina in the World Cup. It's a shambles that he's only won it once in the last 5 years tbh.

Salah’s a good about imo. He scored a ridiculous amount for a fairy mediocre Liverpool side in the league and CL.

Modric is well worthy of it too. Ronaldo was so bad in the semi’s and final of the CL and the knock out game of the WC I couldn’t give it to him. First of the league season was really poor too.

Ronaldo will get it for the overhead kick and the hat trick vs Spain.

Wouldn’t be in my top 3 though, disappeared for half a season.
When he scored in the Champions league final he was doing an incredible impersonation of Gareth Bale.

Salah’s poor World Cup will cost him, I’d like to see Modric win it but he prob won’t, the Ballon D’or is voted for by journalists.

Back