NornIron v Belarus match thread

That's Kyle Lafferty in a nutshell. He just needs to nod that ball in from an inch perfect cross and he shits himself cause the keeper is coming out and ducks under the ball.

Hope we're signing the Norn Jordan Jones, and not the Killie version
Does anyone actually watch him week in week out I'm guessing probably not. He also plays for one of the most negative teams in the league a team that sits in against most teams is organised and tries to nick it on the break . Maybe we're seeing what he can do when he's allowed to get attack and is given a bit more freedom than he does playing for the dinosaur Clarke

Probably the last time Lafferty will be an automatic starter now

O’Neill continues to do amazingly for Northern Ireland with a limited squad . Why oh why didn’t the SFA offer him what he wanted ? Yet another blunder by our wonderful administrators

O’Neill continues to do amazingly for Northern Ireland with a limited squad . Why oh why didn’t the SFA offer him what he wanted ? Yet another blunder by our wonderful administrators

That’s a bit arrogant to be honest. It’s likely he felt he had just as good prospects for qualification with his own country.

Why would he leave for lowly Scotland?

Would need to be lots more money, and even then, it’s not his country he’s a hero in NI.

That’s a bit arrogant to be honest. It’s likely he felt he had just as good prospects for qualification with his own country.

Why would he leave for lowly Scotland?

Would need to be lots more money, and even then, it’s not his country he’s a hero in NI.

Bit arrogant ? He was interviewed for the job mate so he must have been interested .

Clearly the SFA didn’t offer the money to make it worthwhile for him and he stayed with Northern Ireland .

But no arrogance here , if he wasn’t interested in any way , he would not have courted Scotland or been interviewed for the job .

Bit arrogant ? He was interviewed for the job mate so he must have been interested .

Clearly the SFA didn’t offer the money to make it worthwhile for him and he stayed with Northern Ireland .

But no arrogance here , if he wasn’t interested in any way , he would not have courted Scotland or been interviewed for the job .

He speaks to all clubs that are interested in him too out of courtesy. The Belfast media knew he was signing a new contract with NI months before the Scottish press continued to presume he’d ditch it all for the big Scotland job, but hey ho...

He speaks to all clubs that are interested in him too out of courtesy. The Belfast media knew he was signing a new contract with NI months before the Scottish press continued to presume he’d ditch it all for the big Scotland job, but hey ho...

So he went in for an interview for the Scotland job knowing he had zero intention of taking it ? There’s an interview with him where he says “ couldn’t come to an agreement “ so what does that mean unless it’s money ?

I think if the SFA had shown the right ambition and offered him good money he’d have taken it .

It’s scotlands loss but you’re miles out saying I’m being arrogant ffs . I’m posting what happened .

So he went in for an interview for the Scotland job knowing he had zero intention of taking it ? There’s an interview with him where he says “ couldn’t come to an agreement “ so what does that mean unless it’s money ?

I think if the SFA had shown the right ambition and offered him good money he’d have taken it .

It’s scotlands loss but you’re miles out saying I’m being arrogant ffs . I’m posting what happened .

Not familiar with this interview if you have a link?

As I said he speaks to all interested parties out of courtesy.

If they offered him a good bit more money maybe, but he’s at a higher ranked international team where he’s a legend. He’s hardly going to be desperate to jump ship to Scotland.

Right idea from Scotland, misplaced arrogance believing it would happen.

Not familiar with this interview if you have a link?

As I said he speaks to all interested parties out of courtesy.

If they offered him a good bit more money maybe, but he’s at a higher ranked international team where he’s a legend. He’s hardly going to be desperate to jump ship to Scotland.

Right idea from Scotland, misplaced arrogance believing it would happen.

Perhaps but not from me .

Great to watch a team and supporters with such passion.
Great watch.well done lads.
Tunes were immense as well:))

My thoughts as well the last 15 minutes were great also players winning tackles that they shouldn't have won and constant attacks, the team, management and crowd all put Scotland to shame. Also well done to Big Joss he done great for the winning goal.

Just in, haven't felt that good at a NI game since Azerbaijan away a couple of years ago. We've been playing some nice stuff since the start of the Nation's League, we just badly need a striker.

Another 6 points away in the summer still needed, and then a not too daunting DOUBLE double header Vs Netherlands and Germany! Where sneaking 1 massive win at a rocking Windsor Park could do the trick.
In saying that these groups never seem to go to plan, but got great momentum and they absolutely should have no fear in picking 2 0:1 victories at Estonia/Belarus

I’m sure there’ll be plenty on here soon who will say he was poor and doesn’t have the legs anymore ;)
To be fair, there isn't a single person on this forum that doesn't hope that Steve Davis regains full match fitness and makes the kind of contribution that we all know he's capable of. Because of the prolonged period he spent on the bench at Southampton he was rusty - and didn't perform to his capabilities - a situation that wasn't helped by his age. Hopefully, now that he's getting more playing time, we'll see the real Davis.

Back