Northern Ireland fans' 'we hate Catholics' song condemned by IFA

What rivals?
Any rivals that various clubs have this being NI its not hard to work out who they are getting at with the song.
Let us hope some supporters on here never travel to any football match by bus the mock offense will have them in tears.

Not sure how many of these brain dead arseholes actually go to games, I doubt many.

They strike me as the type of person you see on the 12th or other big parade wearing a brand new NI or Rangers top but couldn’t name three current players if you offered them £1million.
Aye right you are man haha, how dramatic are you?

Anyone caught singing it should be banned from Ibrox sin die , book removed and named in public so that they lose their job etc .

Anyone admitting singing it , same , and offered treatment on the NHS or counselling .
I'm fairly positive if they are N.I supporters of an English club they wouldn't mind being banned from Ibrox. Of course Rangers taking their book off them for the club they support would cause a bit of friction though.

Any rivals that various clubs have this being NI its not hard to work out who they are getting at with the song.
Let us hope some supporters on here never travel to any football match by bus the mock offense will have them in tears.

You think they were getting at legends like Pat Jennings or Gerry Armstrong?

What about Michael O'Neill, the current Catholic manager who has done a wonder job in recent years....or half the squad who play for NI.

There's no defending this puerile nonsense, especially in a NI football context.

At the end of the day the younger generation have picked up where the older ones left it. They didn’t all of a sudden start singing songs like this out of the blue. I think some people on here that shout about scum etc joined in back in the day but call out against it now. That’s hypocritical and not the way to deal with it. Fair enough condemn it but labelling bears pondlife and scum is too far for me
And there you have it.

It's up to the older generation to educate the younger generation by saying, yes we did sing the songs but it's not acceptable these days, time has moved on, so it has to stop.

btw, it's not hypocritical, it simply means that some have moved with the times and are smart enough to realise that it is wrong now, unfortunately some aren't that smart.

Last edited:
You think they were getting at legends like Pat Jennings or Gerry Armstrong?

What about Michael O'Neill, the current Catholic manager who has done a wonder job in recent years....or half the squad who play for NI.

There's no defending this puerile nonsense, especially in a NI football context.

It's hard for me to even pretend I'm offended by this I guess.

Have a day off mate.

The people who were doing monkey noises at the England players in Montenegro last night are scum. A group of pissed up people having a sing song in a boozer (that some idiot decided to plaster all over social media) are daft but not scum.
Nonsense, absolute nonsense.

So a group of pissed up people singing about hating protestants or singing about huns is ok? I'm pretty sure they'd be labelled as scum on here.

It's hard for me to even pretend I'm offended by this I guess.

The most 'offensive' thing for me is the absolute stupidity and embarrassment of supposed NI fans singing this chant, nothing more.

It's slightly different but no better in a Rangers context. At the end of the day, the vast majority of us have sang stuff on buses etc, that are edgy and offensive.

Im all for letting off steam and getting it up your rivals, but no need to take it right down to this level of daft.

Here’s a crazy f@cked up idea not everyone will agree on but here goes... the club has repeatedly asked us all REPEATEDLY to behave like we are ambassadors for the club we are supposed to love so that’s a big clue as to how to conduct oneself and the other example that comes to mind was a man called Walter Smith, he was a guy just an ordinary bloke from a wee place in the east end of Glasgow called Carmyle who grew up a Rangers fan and actually went on to manage the club, anyway turns out he used to sing the songs , aye even the naughty ones but came to the conclusion times had moved on and singing a lot of Shyte isn’t in the BEST interests of Rangers so pleaded with the support to stop it...how weird is that?

This song was not sung at a Rangers game. The clues in the topic heading.

You know it's funny how this forum has changed so much over the years, there seems to be more faux pas outrage over this, than there is about songs about the Ibrox disaster or about Brits being murdered or songs celebrating Lee Rigby being killed or Simon Weston being badly burned.

But then again I'm entering into the realms of whataboutery.

You know it's funny how this forum has changed so much over the years, there seems to be more faux pas outrage over this, than there is about songs about the Ibrox disaster or about Brits being murdered or songs celebrating Lee Rigby being killed or Simon Weston being badly burned.

But then again I'm entering into the realms of whataboutery.

Firstly, the term is faux outrage, not faux pas outrage. Secondly, it's not faux, the majority of people are genuinely sickened by knuckle drgaging scum polluting the terraces and society in general with utter shite like this. Thirdly, all that stuff about the Ibrox disaster etc you have just completely made up, and to be honest THAT is offensive.

It's not a hard concept, in fact, it is very very simple, so here is the crux of it for anyone who sings this and other pish.

Stop the sectarianism, bigotry and hatred. Just fucking stop it. Just engage what brains you might have and if you feel like indulging in any of this crap, just think to yourself am I being an absolute cretin? Tell yourself the answer is yes, and don't open your fucking mouth

I can't say i have sang that song but the 50p song is a tuuuuuuuuuuuune.

People might not like it but Sheffield was bouncing when that got belted out.

In a land where THEY get to sing what they want (Their PA system even encourages it) and court cases are being flung out over "lost evidence" I'm in the "F*ck it" camp.

Firstly, the term is faux outrage, not faux pas outrage. Secondly, it's not faux, the majority of people are genuinely sickened by knuckle drgaging scum polluting the terraces and society in general with utter shite like this. Thirdly, all that stuff about the Ibrox disaster etc you have just completely made up, and to be honest THAT is offensive.

It's not a hard concept, in fact, it is very very simple, so here is the crux of it for anyone who sings this and other pish.

Stop the sectarianism, bigotry and hatred. Just fucking stop it. Just engage what brains you might have and if you feel like indulging in any of this crap, just think to yourself am I being an absolute cretin? Tell yourself the answer is yes, and don't open your fucking mouth

Splendidly put old chap, I fully concur. What a faux pas!

Sorry got to dash, dinner break over, I'm away back to the construction site, some right rough types on this job, don't want to be late.

There is sadly an underclass of Rangers fan who are led by the nose into this kind of “ song” , and are too thick to think for themselves and realise they are not only shaming themselves as human beings but more importantly damaging the club and our image tenfold . The kind who don’t have season books but go to places like Blackpool , Manchester , and the very odd home game if they are given a ticket free , wearing the fake Hummel Turkish Union Jack away tops and GioGoi jeans.

They need educated by more learned bears but I fear can’t be or won’t be told .

The underclass haha.

No bother.

Camera phones are the devils work, but this is where other folk should be a bit more self aware in any situation arises that these songs are sang and give the c@nt a slap that thinks it’s a good idea to snapchat or post to group chats

Sorry but that isn’t the issue here. The nutjobs singing that need banned from football. We don’t need people like that following football.

Better off without them.

aww

Aww shut up man, see if a group of folk want to sing in a pub who the %^*& made king puba aye it’s cringe song but aye I sing it on buses to the game and no Bawbag on the internet will say different

Take the poker out yer arse it’s a song, don’t try and engage we are both wasting each other’s time,

aww

Aww shut up man, see if a group of folk want to sing in a pub who the %^*& made king puba aye it’s cringe song but aye I sing it on buses to the game and no Bawbag on the internet will say different

Take the poker out yer arse it’s a song, don’t try and engage we are both wasting each other’s time,

:rolleyes::rolleyes::oops:

Who defines sectarian?

I’ll continue to sing these songs with thousands others home and away. You shouldn’t be telling fellow supporters what they can and cannot sing.

Who cares what the mhedia and the politicians say about it. No one likes us we don’t care.

In a land where THEY get to sing what they want (Their PA system even encourages it) and court cases are being flung out over "lost evidence" I'm in the "F*ck it" camp.
Was stuck in my head for about a week after Sheffield

At the start of last season we went through period of signing that every game.

Folk on here claim they don’t sing songs like that but I don’t believe it. Against Dunfermline at Ibrox in the 6-0 game the whole stadium was bouncing to that.

Away ye go ya troll. If you don’t like sharing the stands with “scumbags” then go and support Partick Thistle, that’s even if you attend the fitba

At the start of last season we went through period of signing that every game.

Folk on here claim they don’t sing songs like that but I don’t believe it. Against Dunfermline at Ibrox in the 6-0 game the whole stadium was bouncing to that.
They want to come across as the one standing up against bigotry and all that. Away take yer faces for a shite. If they got their way they’d ban marches etc also

Who defines sectarian?

I’ll continue to sing these songs with thousands others home and away. You shouldn’t be telling fellow supporters what they can and cannot sing.

Who cares what the mhedia and the politicians say about it. No one likes us we don’t care.

Fair enough. Let's hope the new Commercial Director is able to explain the songs, if asked. That's while the media and politicians pile onto us and the brand is diminished.

But you keep on with the songs. After all, that's the important thing.

I clearly meant he was talking shite when he said people on this forum are more outraged at this song than things about the Ibrox disaster. But you knew that, didn't you?

At least I fuckin hope you did cause if not that would be a whole new level of stupid.

You know what, do what you want, sing what you want, if you want to make absolute cunts of yourselves go ahead, the world will move on without you

I clearly meant he was talking shite when he said people on this forum are more outraged at this song than things about the Ibrox disaster. But you knew that, didn't you?
You know what, do what you want, sing what you want, if you want to make absolute cunts of yourselves go ahead, the world will move on without you

Kind of how I look at it sadly , if grown men cannot see how singing and dancing to a Tiffany song about hating “ kafflicks” at a public gathering is about as neddy and cringe as you will ever get , then who are we to stop them . 90 per cent of them probably don’t know why they hate them mind you if asked :D

The redneck it causes the rest of us and probable sanctions for the club is , however , something I’ve a problem with.

If any of you feel so strongly about this pop into the said establishment where this was allegedly filmed and speak your mind face to face.

You never know, people might listen to you, if you come out from behind a phone or pc.

Did somebody say it was the Royal bar in the Sandy Row, good bunch in there, always made welcome when visiting.

Last edited:

At least I fuckin hope you did cause if not that would be a whole new level of stupid.

That's not what you meant that's not how you came across, face up to it you made a James Hunt of it, it's no big deal .

Our manager and director would be embarrassed with it.
I am embarrassed with it.
My good Rangers supporting mates on Saturday were embarrassed with it.
The only people that will love this garbage are those that hate our club and will take great delight in seeing brainless morons dragging our name and reputation through the mud.
Our manager isn’t a catholic .
Our manager and director would be embarrassed with it.
I am embarrassed with it.
My good Rangers supporting mates on Saturday were embarrassed with it.
The only people that will love this garbage are those that hate our club and will take great delight in seeing brainless morons dragging our name and reputation through the mud.
Why would it offend our manager , he isn’t a catholic . I remember before 1989 we never signed them and if I remember right we were rather successful. Maybe a few less just now and we could be again .
And before you come back with a left wing , hunk , pc response ....::: don’t really care what you think . It’s a SONG !!!! Nobody got hurt

I wish they’d drop this. Every time I see a story about this I can’t get that stupid Tiffany song out of my head all day

I avoid filling my clubs other enemies coffers but the irony of you talking about enemies while willingly making them stronger and harming Rangers isn’t lost on me. It’s almost as if you do everything possible to harm Rangers. Is that you Chuckie? Mike?

So you're one of those who hates other clubs more than you love Rangers. You seem the type.

So you're one of those who hates other clubs more than you love Rangers. You seem the type.
No I’m one of those Rangers fans who supports Rangers. Funny you jump in when I mention hypocrisy trying to tell me what I love more than Rangers when you’re all over these threads hating people more than you like Rangers. I’ve noticed your type plenty recently.

Our manager isn’t a catholic .

Why would it offend our manager , he isn’t a catholic . I remember before 1989 we never signed them and if I remember right we were rather successful. Maybe a few less just now and we could be again .
And before you come back with a left wing , hunk , pc response ....::: don’t really care what you think . It’s a SONG !!!! Nobody got hurt

You don’t need to be catholic to know that song is neddy , sung by cringeworthy embarrassing idiots - I’m not catholic and I realise it . I’m sure gerrard would be the same.

As for not signing any before 1989 - you are wrong , miles out .

As for suggesting we sign less catholic’s we would be more successful - you are just cementing my view that you are a clueless bigot who probably dances to the Tiffany song thinking you look cool but the reality is everyone is pointing and laughing at you
:cool::oops:

No I’m one of those Rangers fans who supports Rangers. Funny you jump in when I mention hypocrisy trying to tell me what I love more than Rangers when you’re all over these threads hating people more than you like Rangers. I’ve noticed your type plenty recently.

And unfortunately I've noticed a few of your type crawling about in recent years too. So called bears who call their fellow fans every name under the sun for wanting to follow their team to every game.

I tend to focus on enjoying supporting my team rather than worrying about what Hibs or Aberdeen might spent my £30 on. But maybe that's just me.

You're no better than those roasters in 2012 who would've happily seen their clubs go to the wall all because of pure hatred of us. You care more about hating other clubs than you do loving Rangers. It's pathetic.

I am absolutely fine with people who don't want to go to away games. But people who call bears selfish and all sorts for wanting to follow their team are an absolute disgrace. They are as low down in my estimations as mentally challengeds.

Back