Northern Ireland fans' 'we hate Catholics' song condemned by IFA

And unfortunately I've noticed a few of your type crawling about in recent years too. So called bears who call their fellow fans every name under the sun for wanting to follow their team to every game.

I tend to focus on enjoying supporting my team rather than worrying about what Hibs or Aberdeen might spent my £30 on. But maybe that's just me.

You're no better than those roasters in 2012 who would've happily seen their clubs go to the wall all because of pure hatred of us. You care more about hating other clubs than you do loving Rangers. It's pathetic.

I am absolutely fine with people who don't want to go to away games. But people who call bears selfish and all sorts for wanting to follow their team are an absolute disgrace. They are as low down in my estimations as mentally challengeds.
I got to “so called bears” and remembered the argument was me arguing against harming the club and you’re arguing for people to keep harming the club. So called bear right enough.

Our manager isn’t a catholic .

Why would it offend our manager , he isn’t a catholic . I remember before 1989 we never signed them and if I remember right we were rather successful. Maybe a few less just now and we could be again .
And before you come back with a left wing , hunk , pc response ....::: don’t really care what you think . It’s a SONG !!!! Nobody got hurt
Maybe you should read about the history of Rangers if you think Mo Johnston was our first Catholic signing.

I avoid filling my clubs other enemies coffers but the irony of you talking about enemies while willingly making them stronger and harming Rangers isn’t lost on me. It’s almost as if you do everything possible to harm Rangers. Is that you Chuckie? Mike?
Any spare ?

You don’t need to be catholic to know that song is neddy , sung by cringeworthy embarrassing idiots - I’m not catholic and I realise it . I’m sure gerrard would be the same.

As for not signing any before 1989 - you are wrong , miles out .

As for suggesting we sign less catholic’s we would be more successful - you are just cementing my view that you are a clueless bigot who probably dances to the Tiffany song thinking you look cool but the reality is everyone is pointing and laughing at you
:cool::oops:
Ouch that hurt

I really can't bring myself to care what folks sing at or around football games.

People all over the country, all over the world on occasion have a day out at the weekend and act like a bit of a fanny.... it can be class at times.

It’s embarrassing and like any other song that reference the Roman church or it’s leader has no place at the Football.
Can anyone who sings these songs please tell me why ?

It’s embarrassing and like any other song that reference the Roman church or it’s leader has no place at the Football.
Can anyone who sings these songa tell me why ?

Because there is a massive amount of tribalism at football which creates a "lads" culture where folks act a bit of a lady's front bottom and typically only do in the comfort of their own company in a boozer, on a bus, at a ground where fans attempt to out dick each other - sheltered havens as such.

It is rarely done with the intent of offending anyone other than opposition football fans - who are typically signing equally mockit songs in retort, two wrongs making a right.....nah but just football etiquette

For people who wish to be offended to find these songs, or what football fans sing they have to go out their way to find it..... if folks look for things to be offended by, or irked by they will likely find it.

People have always looked for wayyyyy to much meaning to this kind of shit.

Can anyone who sings these songs please tell me why ?
Because I’m a Protestant , the pope is the leader of the catholic faith which is a blasphemy to the Protestant religion . That’s why I hate the pope . The songs we sing were sung before you were born and they’ll be sung when your not here . If you don’t like it go and watch Patrick thistle

I don't hate Catholics, I do not know enough about them to form a sensible opinion. I do know that we have Catholics playing for our team. I also know I hate Celtic and their supporters no matter what faith they have.

I choose not to sing that particular song for those reasons. Now I do realise it was NI supporters but it has been sung both at Ibrox and Away. I'm not offended, just my choice. I have been called many things none of which has particularly offended me.

This wee chant always baffled me. Is it a piss take? Why on earth would it be sung at Ibrox? Why did anyone from UB ever consider it a good idea? As it is there is no context, humour or reason and it appears to be what it is.

I hate Catholics but have never really seen Tiffany as a vehicle to show my displeasure with their Doctrinal errors.

I am very much a traditionalist but this isn't traditional, clever, funny etc.

Back