Northern Ireland fans' 'we hate Catholics' song condemned by IFA

Here’s a crazy f@cked up idea not everyone will agree on but here goes... the club has repeatedly asked us all REPEATEDLY to behave like we are ambassadors for the club we are supposed to love so that’s a big clue as to how to conduct oneself and the other example that comes to mind was a man called Walter Smith, he was a guy just an ordinary bloke from a wee place in the east end of Glasgow called Carmyle who grew up a Rangers fan and actually went on to manage the club, anyway turns out he used to sing the songs , aye even the naughty ones but came to the conclusion times had moved on and singing a lot of Shyte isn’t in the BEST interests of Rangers so pleaded with the support to stop it...how weird is that?
Very weird considering this thread is about Northern Ireland fans singing naughty songs.

Here’s a crazy f@cked up idea not everyone will agree on but here goes... the club has repeatedly asked us all REPEATEDLY to behave like we are ambassadors for the club we are supposed to love so that’s a big clue as to how to conduct oneself and the other example that comes to mind was a man called Walter Smith, he was a guy just an ordinary bloke from a wee place in the east end of Glasgow called Carmyle who grew up a Rangers fan and actually went on to manage the club, anyway turns out he used to sing the songs , aye even the naughty ones but came to the conclusion times had moved on and singing a lot of Shyte isn’t in the BEST interests of Rangers so pleaded with the support to stop it...how weird is that?
It’s nothing to do with us

Grown men who sing this are thick as fu ck,the youngsters sing it because the older ones have ,it’s that generational hand down of absolute drivel ,any adult singing this deserves to be stood in a corner with a big dunces cap on and laughed at .

Shambles of a song whoever’s singing it.

The best bit is almost all that sing it most probably have no real issue with catholics?

Few people in a bar singing shocker,I’m no fan of the song but plenty of things get said in pubs up and down the country

My mums a catholic, and I’d never dream of singing something like this. It’s awful.

I do hate the catholic CHURCH however.

We all used to sing.
One team of Proddies. No holy water in the cup. No Pope of Rome.

Our club song unofficially of course, has FTP and the IRA in its lyrics, and is a common add-on in other songs and chants.

All of this however is aimed at the actual Church, which many people around the world would agree is rotten to the core.
The same can’t be said about ordinary people however who just so happen to have been brainwashed by a cult, but are just decent God fearing people. That’s where idiotic songs like this fall down. I’m not offended by it, i’m appalled.

The song might be somewhat inappropriate in this modern age of political correctness, however I feel we are all being desensitised and opinion surpressed under the guise of sectarianism.

Whatever happened to free speech?

I happen to have no qualms with Catholics throughout the world but have a growing dislike of WOS Catholics and the increasing influence of Catholicism in Scottish politics and the UK establishment.

Their influence is growing like a cancer in Scotland (supported by leading Catholics in England) and whilst openly sectarian songs such as this are questionable, I find that the recent increase in such songs are a result of despair at the catholic cabals controlling local politics, national agendas and the judiciary.

BBC Scotland, GCC, and the Judiciary are totally controlled by Catholics in Scotland and of course the SNP aligns itself to the catholic vote for various reasons.

I might have to get my tin helmet on but don't agree with all the apologist posts utterly condemning the songs.

I feel the resurgence in the singing of such songs is an act of rebellion against the demonising of Rangers, protestants and unionism in general.

The songs might be harmful to our club, and best avoided but I don't think we should be calling out people who sing such songs as neanderthals, thugs, morons etc

I fear the cry of no surrender is being surrendered by many of our support.

Last edited:
What kind of knuckle dragging neddy Neanderthal would sing that at a football game ? Imagine the field day the Scottish media and assorted haters of our club would have if any Rangers fans were caught singing this , even in a pub or private party ?

Anyone caught singing it should immediately have their books removed and banned for life IMO.

We all used to sing.
One team of Proddies. No holy water in the cup. No Pope of Rome.

Our club song unofficially of course, has FTP and the IRA in its lyrics, and is a common add-on in other songs and chants.

All of this however is aimed at the actual Church, which many people around the world would agree is rotten to the core.
The same can’t be said about ordinary people however who just so happen to have been brainwashed by a cult, but are just decent God fearing people. That’s where idiotic songs like this fall down. I’m not offended by it, i’m appalled.
Never personally heard any mention of the IRA in Follow Follow myself

The song might be somewhat inappropriate in this modern age of political correctness, however I feel we are all being desensitised and opinion surpressed under the guise of sectarianism.

I happen to have no qualms with Catholics throughout the world but have a growing dislike of WOS Catholics and the increasing influence of Catholicism in Scottish politics and the UK establishment.

Their influence is growing like a cancer in Scotland (supported by leading Catholics in England) and whilst openly sectarian songs such as this are questionable, I find that the recent increase in such songs are a result of despair at the catholic cabals controlling local politics, national agendas and the judiciary.

BBC Scotland, GCC, and the Judiciary are totally controlled by Catholics in Scotland and of course the SNP aligns itself to the catholic vote for various reasons.

I might have to get my tin helmet on but don't agree with all the apologist posts utterly condemning the songs.

I feel the resurgence in the singing of such songs is an act of rebellion against the demonising of Rangers, protestants and unionism in general.

The songs might be harmful to our club, and best avoided but I don't think we should be calling out people who sing such songs as neanderthals, thugs, morons etc

Do you think football is the best vehicle for exploring such thoughts? Because that's ultimately the issue. While they're taking significant roles in the media, in the council, in the judiciary and in politics, - there are those of us singing brain-dead songs in the pub.

I've also never seen anyone publicly defend these songs. Would you stand up and justify it?

Reactions: WBD
Haha I love how the naughty songs get the holier than thou element all hot and bothered. People that I know who’ve sang it have done so through jest and away from prying eyes and camera phones. But for some on here to label them as scum then I say to you, have you never sang any anti catholic songs on rsc buses or sash bashes?
40 odd likes for the guy that said whoever sings this song should be banned for life and not one of them have answered this, place is reeking of hypocrisy

Don't see the problem, even the pope himself can hardly stand to even touch them!

giphy.gif

March 25 2019
The Irish Football Association has condemned a video containing Northern Ireland fans singing "we hate Catholics".

It comes after the video circulated on social media on Monday evening.
The video shows a number of people dressed in Northern Ireland replica shirts singing "we hate Catholics, we hate Roman Catholics" to the tune of Tiffany's 'I Think We're Alone Now'.
It is unclear when exactly the footage is from.
The official Northern Ireland teams account responded to a posting of the video on Twitter saying "this is utterly wrong and we condemn sectarianism in any form".
Belfast Telegraph Digital

Anybody else see this?

I attended both games on Thursday and Sunday with some Catholic friends.

I know for a fact that this does not represent those that actually go to Windsor and can bet you anything the pricks in the video never even went to the game.

Trying to undo all the good work we as a country have done over the last 15 years or so regarding a cross community National team.
it's a song for the brain dead, but on this occasion has nothing to do with us and would be better of being discussed on a NI fans board.

It's twofold embarrassing because the song itself, even without taking the meaning of the new lyrics into account, just isn't good. The words don't even fit or rhyme with the original.

From song came out trainspoting 2 just embarrassing. People who film there self then put all over social media cause think there being funny need good slap

Last edited:
40 odd likes for the guy that said whoever sings this song should be banned for life and not one of them have answered this, place is reeking of hypocrisy

I think all of us have given up on you pal and now ignore anything , which is usually idiotic , that you say. Nothing personal. Tubes have rights too.

Anyone caught singing it should be banned from Ibrox sin die , book removed and named in public so that they lose their job etc .

Anyone admitting singing it , same , and offered treatment on the NHS or counselling .

You should organise a march and protest, highlighting your grieviances to the world. :cool:

Very weird considering this thread is about Northern Ireland fans singing naughty songs.
Rangers fans were singing it in Blackpool. In fact the female singer on stage was openly encouraging those in attendance to sing it.
Embarrassing sh!te and an insult to the many good Roman Catholic Rangers players from the past and present. Some of whom were down in Blackpool to take part in the match.:confused:

Must embarrass easily mate
Our manager and director would be embarrassed with it.
I am embarrassed with it.
My good Rangers supporting mates on Saturday were embarrassed with it.
The only people that will love this garbage are those that hate our club and will take great delight in seeing brainless morons dragging our name and reputation through the mud.

Rangers fans were singing it in Blackpool. In fact the female singer on stage was openly encouraging those in attendance to sing it.
Embarrassing sh!te and an insult to the many good Roman Catholic Rangers players from the past and present. Some of whom were down in Blackpool to take part in the match.:confused:

There is sadly an underclass of Rangers fan who are led by the nose into this kind of “ song” , and are too thick to think for themselves and realise they are not only shaming themselves as human beings but more importantly damaging the club and our image tenfold . The kind who don’t have season books but go to places like Blackpool , Manchester , and the very odd home game if they are given a ticket free , wearing the fake Hummel Turkish Union Jack away tops and GioGoi jeans.

They need educated by more learned bears but I fear can’t be or won’t be told .

Back