Norwegian clubs proposing a boycott from 2022 World Cup

Shut it down and get FIFA to give every penny of their profit in 2022 to the families and charity

No big club or nation will touch this. Think of the reaction to Ozil when he brought up the Muslim slaves in China.

Would love this to happen, every club in world football should support them.

The most corrupt decision in world football biting Qatar on the arse.

Totally agree with this, seen the bonded labour conditions first hand when I lived briefly in Dubai. In this day and age for that to go on is an international tragedy.

Seeing on Twitter at least 2 clubs, and few others quoted, that are raising concerns at their AGMs to present to the Norwegian Football Federation about the human rights in Qatar citing the number of deaths etc.

One club in particular wants the country to withdraw, should they qualify, all together and have issued a statement as such and its gathering support from other clubs.

Be interesting to see if other nations follow. Anyone reckon countries will actually boycott?
Great idea

I’d love this to gather pace but money rules all unfortunately. Good on the Norwegian clubs for displaying a wee bit of backbone and human decency.

There used to be a programme on BBC World Service that loooked into headline statistics. They examined the statistics regarding deaths associated with the construction of the WC stadia and they concluded that in comparison with the mortality rates of Indian workers in India there was very little difference.

One reason that Qatar got the WC is that they had promied that after the WC they were going to dismantle the stadia and donate them to some poorer countries.

Never really liked the place but it is 20 years since I was there so it might have improved. Back then there were secret police hidden in alcoves watching who was going into bars - you only noticed them when you were leaving.

Back