Not a Lawyer but UEFA may need to cancel next seasons european competitions

Gio#56

You wont read Celtic's PR team writing this in the Daily Rebel but I think it holds water but I ain't a Lawyer.

UEFA Rules

4.01a have qualified for the competition on sporting merit;

gifting a team a champions league spot is not on sporting merit and those countries that do will mean the champions won't qualify. And if they did the organisation would be liable IMHO.

Here are the rules

You cannot gift a place.

Another interesting closing provisions

Article 82 Unforeseen circumstances 82.01 Any matters not provided for in these regulations, such as cases of force majeure, will be decided by the UEFA Emergency Panel or, if not possible due to time constraints, by the UEFA President or, in his absence, by the UEFA General Secretary. Such decisions are final.

There is no way the top 5 leagues will allow Champion league spots and Europa league spots to be gifted and I am sure UEFA will not allow.

So all in all, get a tainted title but no european place unless UEFA goes against sporting integrity.

You wont read Celtic's PR team writing this in the Daily Rebel but I think it holds water but I ain't a Lawyer.

UEFA Rules

gifting a team a champions league spot is not on sporting merit and those countries that do will mean the champions won't qualify. And if they did the organisation would be liable IMHO.

Here are the rules

You cannot gift a place.

giphy.gif

Unless the "lockdown"continues next season's competitions will take place. In theses extraordinary circumstances UEFA will come up with a rule change. It is their competition. By (for sake of argument) September life is back to normal, everything is open, football is being played - except for UEFA's money spinning competitions.
Not a chance.

The top leagues around europe will determine if there is european football for season 2020/21

UEFA rules are full of sporting integrity, there is no rules for gifting places.

Yes they can over rule (82.01) but real madrid etc will have a thing to say regards the integrity of the competition.

This is why IMHO they need the leagues to finish.

So gift the mankie bastards a tainted title but no champions league. You cant get gifted this also.

You can all go on about clubs in certain countries doing this or that, but at the end of the day as I keep stating it will come down to the tv money and what they want.

Sporting integrity is dead, has been for a long time now. Just look at athletics where big money gets involved. You cant be sure that any great athlete is the real deal anymore.

The top leagues around europe will determine if there is european football for season 2020/21

UEFA rules are full of sporting integrity, there is no rules for gifting places.

Yes they can over rule (82.01) but real madrid etc will have a thing to say regards the integrity of the competition.

This is why IMHO they need the leagues to finish.

So gift the mankie bastards a tainted title but no champions league. You cant get gifted this also.
The rules haven't been written to take into account worldwide public health crises , I think a lot of it will be ad hoc decisions and they will have to waive their own rules

UEFA Rules

Here are the rules

You cannot gift a place.

That's basically what UEFA seem to be reinforcing in their letter to all the associations.

If it turns out that the season can't be played to a finish, they would surely lose all credibility were they then to perform a complete u turn on the sporting merit point which they seem to be emphasising and just allow titles to be handed out.

The simple solution is for them to award places based on last season. Will make for interesting viewing regarding the Man City situation.

The rules haven't been written to take into account worldwide public health crises , I think a lot of it will be ad hoc decisions and they will have to waive their own rules

Agreed and it will go down to Article 82 Unforeseen circumstances

So can you honestly imagine champion league spots / europa spots being gifted? No way.

It will be tainted title no Europe or CAS for sure.

If the filth get handed the title then they will get the CL place that goes with it. UEFA will take minimal involvement in each FAs decision when it comes to it.

All they will care about is having clubs nominated from each member associations league to enter the CL and EL to ensure the money keeps coming in next season. They won’t care how each country arrives at that decision.

I now think the filth will have their tainted trophy within the fortnight and UEFA most certainly won’t get involved.

The simple solution is for them to award places based on last season. Will make for interesting viewing regarding the Man City situation.

No matter what the domestic and european leagues will be tainted. They need to adopt the most sporting and gifting positions is certainly not that option.

If the filth get handed the title then they will get the CL place that goes with it. UEFA will take minimal involvement in each FAs decision when it comes to it.

All they will care about is having clubs nominated from each member associations league to enter the CL and EL to ensure the money keeps coming in next season. They won’t care how each country arrives at that decision.

I now think the filth will have their tainted trophy within the fortnight and UEFA most certainly won’t get involved.

If they are awarded a spot that was not gained by sporting merit then our club will take on the SPFL and we will win for sure. CAS awaits.

Would be even more interesting if there is insufficient time to play CL and EL qualifiers before mid September/October. With 4 qualifying rounds and a play off round even as one off matches would probably need a minimum of around 6 weeks to complete.
In these circumstances would they then just have the same clubs in the group stages as this season but redraw the groups.

UEFA Rules

Here are the rules

You cannot gift a place.
At every point, every UEFA rule is met by the prerequisite that they can change any rule they want. Revise and review and it is done away from the legal process of any nation.
Anyone who objects forfeits their right to participate.

Oh, and the money they'd lose.
They will not, under any circumstances cancel Euro competition.

At every point, every UEFA rule is met by the prerequisite that they can change any rule they want. Revise and review and it is done away from the legal process of any nation.
Anyone who objects forfeits their right to participate.

Oh, and the money they'd lose.
They will not, under any circumstances cancel Euro competition.
Agree with this. Only thing that will stop it is travel restrictions continuing to be at similar levels to today
UEFA need their cash cow and they will make it up as they go along to make that happen. Their main focus will be keeping the usual cabal of CL clubs happy
Anyone looking for integrity will be disappointed, anyone expecting it is, well I think naive is the polite word

Agree with this. Only thing that will stop it is travel restrictions continuing to be at similar levels to today
UEFA need their cash cow and they will make it up as they go along to make that happen. Their main focus will be keeping the usual cabal of CL clubs happy
Anyone looking for integrity will be disappointed, anyone expecting it is, well I think naive is the polite word
Before it's cancelled there will be a tournament starting January, and if that ain't feasible then post season before or after the euros.

The cow will be milked as it is every year.

Unless the "lockdown"continues next season's competitions will take place. In theses extraordinary circumstances UEFA will come up with a rule change. It is their competition. By (for sake of argument) September life is back to normal, everything is open, football is being played - except for UEFA's money spinning competitions.
Not a chance.
Exactly, all about the money

The easy fix is for uefa to determine what happens across the European leagues instead of leaving it to the country governing bodies.

Write season of as null and void. Last seasons league placing determines European participation for next season.

Far from a perfect scenario but it probably provides minimum of fuss on comparison to other options.

You can’t award European places based on a partial league season if it’s been declared null and void.

The easy fix is for uefa to determine what happens across the European leagues instead of leaving it to the country governing bodies.

Write season of as null and void. Last seasons league placing determines European participation for next season.

Far from a perfect scenario but it probably provides minimum of fuss on comparison to other options.

You can’t award European places based on a partial league season if it’s been declared null and void.

I am merely asking as I have no idea but do UEFA have a locus regarding this? Is there a rule that states that they can decide what happens across national leagues? Or would that leave them open to legal challenges?

A way will be found for the leagues to be played to a conclusion. That's how it should be. All this bickering over titles & relegation being awarded versus null and void is pathetic. It will take three or four weeks to play the domestic games and the leagues have until the end of the summer to sort it.

UEFA have their own club coefficient system

Rangers lead this season for Scotland

I think it a very possible option if you are at null and void stage

You can all go on about clubs in certain countries doing this or that, but at the end of the day as I keep stating it will come down to the tv money and what they want.

Sporting integrity is dead, has been for a long time now. Just look at athletics where big money gets involved. You cant be sure that any great athlete is the real deal anymore.
Look at man utd and pogba, im led to believe the only reason pogba is still at utd is because adidas or is it nike? want him there for shirt sales.
The games fcked

Look at man utd and pogba, im led to believe the only reason pogba is still at utd is because adidas or is it nike? want him there for shirt sales.
The games fcked
Never heard that before, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. That's where we are with sport these days. Just look at nikes involvement with that guy banned from athletics

The games fcked

Who or what leads you to believe that?
Anyway everything is fucked according to assorted FF posters. From Irn-bru to the World Health Organisation via the NHS and modern music.
The last World Cup was the best of my (far too) long lifetime. The games not fcked, it has changed. Away back in the 1880s when the first Scots went to play in England for more money no doubt someone was writing in some Victorian journal; the game is fcked, it is all about money.

Who or what leads you to believe that?
Anyway everything is fucked according to assorted FF posters. From Irn-bru to the World Health Organisation via the NHS and modern music.
The last World Cup was the best of my (far too) long lifetime. The games not fcked, it has changed. Away back in the 1880s when the first Scots went to play in England for more money no doubt someone was writing in some Victorian journal; the game is fcked, it is all about money.
That was the rumour when he went to the US "injured", OGS wanted him out the squad and was told to wind his neck in. It might be bullshit but thats what was getting touted.
And dont tell me the games not fcked when in the same day a football chairman gets a 3 million pound bonus he furloughs his staff while players are earning 150k A WEEK !
Ffs our own FA are tying themselves in knots trying to gift the tramps a league they haven't won
The games fcked my friend

That was the rumour when he went to the US "injured", OGS wanted him out the squad and was told to wind his neck in. It might be bullshit but thats what was getting touted.
And dont tell me the games not fcked when in the same day a football chairman gets a 3 million pound bonus he furloughs his staff while players are earning 150k A WEEK !
Ffs our own FA are tying themselves in knots trying to gift the tramps a league they haven't won
The games fcked my friend

A "rumour". A "rumour"?? The gam is fcked on the basis of a rumour. One which I warrant few people have heard.
The game has been "fcked" since I was a lad in the sixties and players stopped being "wee workies" and became Carnaby Street celebrities.
It aint fcked my friend.

A "rumour". A "rumour"?? The gam is fcked on the basis of a rumour. One which I warrant few people have heard.
The game has been "fcked" since I was a lad in the sixties and players stopped being "wee workies" and became Carnaby Street celebrities.
It aint fcked my friend.
Your right n im wrong. Well done

Back