Not a single attempt at goal.

And no corners.

They weren't even caught offside once.

And this mob beat Celtic.

They were caught offside from a set piece in 1st half. Maybe even twice.

But we handled them very well for entire game, albeit we struggled massively to put anything together in final 3rd in 1st half.

Reactions: GF7
Teams like livi at home will eat up angeball all day long

Sit in deep offering no space to run into, wait for mistake or break of ball and bang

Goal :)

That’s the standard we need to get back to.
Last year soon as we went a goal up you knew game was over as teams weren’t even getting a sniff against us, I know it’s only Livi but hopefully we go on a bit of a clean sheet run now. Would stick with that defence (with Tav in for Patterson) to let them all get a run together

That's where a lot of our clean sheets in the league came from last season. So much domination over a side that they are barely able to mount an attack nevermind get a shot on goal. That was more like it second half. Just need to be a bit more ruthless in front of goal and we will be fine

Back to what we were doing last season. Think we only conceded 3 shots at goal in first 10 home games or something daft like that!

Must admit that I was going to post something similar to the OP.

Compared to previous seasons, this is a poorer & more toothless Livi team, and (I know I'm comparing different competitions here) for them to beat Celtc the other day ...
Well, it makes you wonder if CFC actually will struggle for second (or even third) place in the league.

That was a performance of last season, albeit with things not clicking in the final third in the first half. In complete control from the first minute and McLaughlin is still waiting to play the game he was promised.

Hopefully now a run of wins, a run of clean sheets.
Sakala looks the player we hoped he would be, Lundstram also, Kamara has signed a 4 year deal, Hagi is back, Morelos is scoring, Roofe is scoring. Still got Kent to come back and hit a purple patch, hopefully Goldson to pen a deal!

Semi Final of the Cup, top of the league, already beat the vermin, 4 points above the vermin, Europa group stages.

Yes we all wanted CL football and to be 8 points clear, those expectations should have been met BUT the futures bright isn't it?

They only managed 2 shots (off target) in the first game of the season.

Mindset of these teams needs to change, 8 players constantly back defending the box, time wasting, hammer throwing and falling to the ground.

Wish these teams had some balls.

At least it would make an interesting game.

Every game seems to be me sitting wondering how rangers are going to get in behind their 10 man defence.

gn20.png

I liked how we squeezed game in 2nd half. Entire defence was pushed up to past the halfway line and they never looked like breaking against us. It was more like what we were doing to teams last season. Winning ball back early, forcing errors and squeezing life out of teams.

Encouraging after a concerning 1st half.

Need to now knit some 90 minute performances together instead of 45.

A lot of damage can be done with lacklustre 45 mins.

Yeah but the usual. We committed 17 fouls to their 10 with 64% possession.

Funny how often this oddity occurs to us.

Yellow card to Bassey was a joke as well.

We were the team trying to press them into mistakes and win the ball back quickly - that inevitably leads to more fouls.

Hammer throwing (and diving) shite they belong in the championship with every other club that sacrificed a grass pitch.

Don't want to derail the thread but I put 'SPL table' into Google, seen us obviously in our natural place but to see where Celtic were I had to press the "see more" on the spl table. Yup cool story.

With that mobs record away from the piggery, let’s see how they fair at Hampden, which will be ‘away’. If their disco lights do them a favour and help them progress against the mighty Raith Rovers, they might actually sell some tickets.

Listen, that was not in their interests to draw that game out tonight, wee Martindale is double jabbed and Savoy bound for a wee bit more Jabbing

Must admit that I was going to post something similar to the OP.

Compared to previous seasons, this is a poorer & more toothless Livi team, and (I know I'm comparing different competitions here) for them to beat Celtc the other day ...
Well, it makes you wonder if CFC actually will struggle for second (or even third) place in the league.
It's worth remembering that their 2nd string drew with the filth last season too.

They had either the league cup semi or final next game, the filth still couldn't beat them.

Credit to Livi, they stuck 11 men behind the ball, kicked Hagi up in the air, and tried like squealing pigs not to lose by more than 2 goals. What a credit to the beautiful game.

They would get football stopped. Appalling approach to the game. Unfortunately they aren't the only ones like that. And you wonder why we cant sell the game in Scotland.
This all day long, a one off cup tie with nothing to lose and not a single shot on target ? What’s the point ? I can understand it in league games hoping for a draw or keep goal difference down , but a cup tie?

That's where a lot of our clean sheets in the league came from last season. So much domination over a side that they are barely able to mount an attack nevermind get a shot on goal. That was more like it second half. Just need to be a bit more ruthless in front of goal and we will be fine
I agree. This is what we've missed defensively this year so far. As good as the defence were last year, we were smothering teams, they were barely getting hold of the ball, and if they did get it, it was deep in their own half. The whole team contributes to clean sheets. More of that intense pressing and forcing mistakes is what's needed

Back