Not a stamp for me

Saw it in normal play once and then a few times from different angles. It looked reckless the first time and ever after.

Maybe he looked at the ball and tried to reclaim it, maybe he was on payback mission. He sure hit the player in a way that could and should have been avoided.

So, IMHO, a yellow card.

We know what will happen though. The shadow cabal will cite Alfredo. Clancy will be asked to review it, say he didn`t see it correctly and they will hand out a 2-game suspension. As per usual, we won`t debate this.

The main bone of contention remains the fact that we have seen similar and worse incidients (even in this thread) where next to nothing has happened afterwards. THAT is where the club needs to get its act together, as well as the clubs whose players get mauled by the Scum et al. You can`t have the pendulum swing only one way, or, to put it differently, never in the way of the Scum.

So tonight a guy whose ominous "we know what's at stake this season" comment, widely interpreted to be an indication that refs would be bending over to help Celtic this season, didn't book a player who then went on to score the winning goal in a game in which we both preserved our unbeaten record and maintained the best disciplinary statistics in the league.

Glorious. Absolutely glorious.
I liked this myself, FF villain Clancy getting supported by folk who any other week would be calling him a cheat :))

It wasnt a fecking stamp. Not one from the catalogues of Bud or Souness. A wee reminder about Bud's : 1980: Aberdeen's John McMaster needs the kiss of life on the Ibrox pitch after his neck was stamped on by Willie Johnston. The Rangers winger later explains it was a case of mistaken identity . . . he thought it was Willie Miller. ... :))

So tonight a guy whose ominous "we know what's at stake this season" comment, widely interpreted to be an indication that refs would be bending over to help Celtic this season, didn't book a player who then went on to score the winning goal in a game in which we both preserved our unbeaten record and maintained the best disciplinary statistics in the league.

Glorious. Absolutely glorious.
he's probably a Sevco fan now with the obsessed :cool:

I'm going to throw out a suggestion, he knows "what's at stake" but even he and his pals can't stop it because his team are so pish. Still let Hibs kick us off the park tonight

It's a stamp ffs. Some on here are deluded as them saying it's not. I've said before on the board I like players leaving the boot in etc when there was no trial after the game. Now it's daft doing it and hel most probably get a ban. I love morelos and hope he's here beyond this season. Doing things like this is making it more likely he's here next season. I think he's that good he could play in a top 6 epl side. Only thing stopping him is things like this.

Fuckin hell, what an embarrassing lack of self awareness. If you walked in on him climbing off your Mrs you'd help finish him off.

No amount of 'look at his eyes, man' or whataboutery changes the fact Morelos once again doesn't give a %^*& about the bigger picture, the gaffer who's backed him or learned from his catalogue of mistakes. Time and time again he let's us down, with another lucky break not to be sent off.

Give me Roofe ahead of him every time. The ball sticks to him, reads the game superbly and has none of the self sabotage.

Morelos is an embarrassing sideshow that no matter how important the game he gets sent off in, how many reds he dodges, enough time passes and history is rewritten.

I might be in the minority but not 100% convinced that it was a stamp from Morelos.

When you watch in full speed and follow the path of the ball I think Morelos is trying to control the ball before it comes of Porteous' knee.. Slow motion makes it looks worse than it actually was.

Is it just me?
Sorry mate you really need to take off the blue tinted specs. If that's on one of our players I'm looking for a red card

Fuckin hell, what an embarrassing lack of self awareness. If you walked in on him climbing off your Mrs you'd help finish him off.

No amount of 'look at his eyes, man' or whataboutery changes the fact Morelos once again doesn't give a %^*& about the bigger picture, the gaffer who's backed him or learned from his catalogue of mistakes. Time and time again he let's us down, with another lucky break not to be sent off.

Give me Roofe ahead of him every time. The ball sticks to him, reads the game superbly and has none of the self sabotage.

Morelos is an embarrassing sideshow that no matter how important the game he gets sent off in, how many reds he dodges, enough time passes and history is rewritten.
Alfie scores the winning goal against the diet coke mentally challengeds tonight and all folk can discuss is whether it was a stamp or not. Enjoy the win and let fucking Crocker, Walker and Stewart worry about the rest. 3 points closer...cheers El Bufalo

I've stood /stamped on a kitten accidentally.
When your foot goes down, you feel it and you then refrain from letting your full weight go down.
Alfie never put any weight down. He felt the leg and withdrew.

Stamp? Yer arse to anyone who calls it a stamp.

McGregor for Hibs for me was worse.
His weight was left in there and Kamara felt it.

Having said that..
I still expect the CO to get involved mind you.
It's why the post was invented. To inconvenience and punish Rangers. The odd wee citing for others is nothing more than window dressing to try and mask the charade.

If Porteous done it, this place would be going nuts. Silly again from Morelos. Good with the bad I suppose

That's the way it should be but unfortunately TV runs football decisions these day, that is if the compliance officer is in their office.
She is in her office - Knitting a green & white scarf in the hope that she will get back into Torbett Towers next season.

Probably dropped a stitch in anger when Alfie scored tonight, so she will make sure he pays for it.

This place is mental. It 100% was a stamp and being aimed at Porteous wasn't a coincidence. Mcgregor was a sending off too. Also 100% a stamp, but he threw in a suplex for the cameras,

Was Darren McGregor the Hibs captain wearing blue tinted specs mate?

It's not a stamp. Anyone who thinks it was needs to put specs on.

Standing on someone, which he did and I admit he could be banned, is not a stamp.
so what's your excuse for the acceleration of the foot as it came down? It was a stamp. He got lucky and won us the game. F.ck the haters.

Any other player involved and it would have been discussed for 10-15 seconds. Since its Alfie, we know what'll dominate the tabloids tomorrow.
And this is EXACTLY why he needs to cut the crap and remove any ambiguity from the game. He needs to stop giving people the amunition.

I think it was a stamp. But, for sure, if that's Thumb or Brown on Helander or Goldson, we'd ALL be screamig for a Red too.

Foolish from Morelos again.

giphy.gif

This place is absolutely comical at times.

And Alfie keeps giving him ammunition by behaving like a fanny.

And this is EXACTLY why he needs to cut the crap and remove any ambiguity from the game. He needs to stop giving people the amunition.

I think it was a stamp. But, for sure, if that's Thumb or Brown on Helander or Goldson, we'd ALL be screamig for a Red too.

Foolish from Morelos again.

Morelos in a blue jersey is " ammunition " for the likes of Crocker. He's not to be taken seriously when he ignores thuggery again from Hibs last night or Brown for the last umpteen years.

It’s 100% a stamp, and should have been a red, but really hoping he gets off with it just to hear Walker implode.
Did you hear Darren McGregor’s view on it?
I think this exonerates Morelos.
I think there’s a big difference between a stamp, which I define as using unnecessary force, and standing on.
I’ll say again, I don’t think you’re getting up from a genuine stamp to readily.

Hope you found a Snickers mate.

Morelos in a blue jersey is " ammunition " for the likes of Crocker. He's not to be taken seriously when he ignores thuggery again from Hibs last night or Brown for the last umpteen years.
I'm in Canada, so I don't hear (and likely couldn't care less about) Crocker or Walker etc. It's the CO, refs and lawmakers we need to care about. And we will get hammered again from those FKs.

Buff needs to cut the shit out. I dunno how many times it needs to be said. He is not playing in a fair balanced world. Cards are stacked against him every time he steps on a pitch. How he continues with this behaviour is beyond me.

Load of bollocks, I mean he just won us the game. Hate to rehash the old cliché, but who needs enemies with folk like you eh

In my opinion it could have been avoided, stamp is probably a wrong description but as I said last night, any one of us that's played the game have done it. He let his foot come down on the player to let him know he was wasn't going to be intimidated. Unfortunately it's not Saturday or Sunday amateur football with no replays or slowmo from 10 different angles!
Alfie didn't help himself, as soon as it happened the agenda from walker and crocker was set and overshadowed what was a great three points and a fantastic goal.

I thought at the time that he was trying to control the ball. When you watch it though I reckon Buff knows he's left it on him. Still though with the way he's looking there may be a case to fight it when the CO appears from furlough. Porteous is a little rat who deserves a real bad one.

I might be in the minority but not 100% convinced that it was a stamp from Morelos.

When you watch in full speed and follow the path of the ball I think Morelos is trying to control the ball before it comes of Porteous' knee.. Slow motion makes it looks worse than it actually was.

Is it just me?
Just like Thumbheed last season. He was fortunate to stay on the park.

I liked this myself, FF villain Clancy getting supported by folk who any other week would be calling him a cheat :))
If Griffiths does it against us and gets a yellow it is “blatant cheating” by Clancy and there would be dozens of threads on it. You can quibble with the word “stamp” which doesn’t describe what it was, but it wasn’t an accident and it’s hardly his first offence.

Back