Not bad for going backwards under SG

It is possible to believe we’re making progress but to criticise poor performances and management decisions.

I personally think we’re on the right track with the manager, and believe he’ll get it right. But I understand the anger at recent performances. What I don’t understand is some people’s refusal to acknowledge progress. We had lunatics on here earlier in the week saying we were no better than under Pedro FFS.

What we need is a referee to officiate in half a dozen games for us before the split that guarantees us a win. And the same man to officiate them and ensure they drop points. And a linesman that allows our players a 2 yard head start at set pieces, especially in cup finals. Or we could keep doing what we are doing, make steady progress, in it for the long haul.

At the very dangerous risk of being accused of being a "fanboy" or a "star struck wee lassie" if I actually think Gerrard is moving us forward as both a club and a team, all I'm going to say that Gerrard is indeed moving us forward as both a club and a team, albeit with a few bumps in the road in the league this season.

Shoot me if you like!

At the very dangerous risk of being accused of being a "fanboy" or a "star struck wee lassie" if I actually think Gerrard is moving us forward as both a club and a team, all I'm going to say that Gerrard is indeed moving us forward as both a club and a team, albeit with a few bumps in the road in the league this season.

Shoot me if you like!

Does it work the other way when people have concerns and state why, yet get labelled haters, panty wetters, morons, idiots, %^*& wits...

Honesty, it’s further increased my frustration over the whole thing. From a technical point of view, we’re clearly every bit as good as them and if not better, but this weird mental block our squad has with SPL dross and expectation to win, coupled with the gaffer’s stubbornness with his preferred system and some of his preferred players has seen us blow a really brilliant opportunity to sink them.

Immensely proud of the team’s Europeans exploits, but it doesn’t even nearly make up for the farce that has been the last 6 or 7 weeks domestic form, in handing them another comfortable title win.
I agree and share your frustration over the league albeit some outside interference with and by poor match officiating during more than a few games before and after the break!

We all know that we have and need to take our games out of the hands of official bad decisions and the only way is to be ruthless and ensure there is no way back for the opposition whoever that may be!

Reaching last 16 is a great achievement hopefully a launch pad to regaining our strength and form that is capable of blowing anybody in our league away, I only hope it is not too late this season?

Shoot me if you like!

One of the most patronising arguments on FF.

Does it work the other way when people have concerns and state why, yet get labelled haters, panty wetters, morons, idiots, %^*& wits...
I think we all have a right to criticise the team when they drop points they should not have but in the same breathe we need to show support to players who struggle with form no matter how frustrating it is both them and for us!

I am not so sure shouting, swearing and berating a player or players will get the best out of them perhaps we should try singing their name or find another way to get them to give every ounce of effort and chance to turn it around?

I understand sometimes we just cant help ourselves, as fans we are kicking every ball with them so it is hard not to feel annoyed or angry when something doesn't come off! Anyhow lets hope the guys are back in business and can play the way we know they can for the rest of the season?

One of the most patronising arguments on FF.
Over the years I've been accused of similar and sometimes much worse.
Occasionally attempting to stand up for Ally McCoist against some pretty vitriolic abuse a few years ago brought about some pretty pathetic stuff aimed in my direction!
I accept and can handle reasoned argument but being painted as a "poster boy" at my age is laughable!
:)

Shame on the goons on here and radio that told us he has to go.
As long as the poets and the media are calling for Gerrard to go, you know we are on the right track.

There will be bumps, but we are undoubtedly headed in the right direction.
Would love to hear from all the people giving him abuse over the past few days and see their thoughts now

It's the fickle nature of ALL footie fans.:))

Loss tomorrow and there will be calls for the gaffers head. If folk are not used to it by now they never will be.:rolleyes:

But it doesn't.

Some people just can't debate or have a problem when anyone have a difference in opinion.

I'm not going to criticise any Rangers supporter with am opinion. It's good to hear and read.

We all want the same at the end of the day.

I'll answer a post below this one. If we go out tomorrow, the support will rightfully be asking questions once again. Let's hope that doesn't happen and we can enjoy a successful end to the season - success being two solid, competitive, performances against Leverkusen, winning run in the league and Scottish Cup success.

Are you suggesting its the players fault? We cant break down teams that sit in, that requires a tactical change and that comes from the top
There hasn’t been a game we’ve played where we haven’t created enough chances to win each game.
That’d suggest to me that it’s not as much the system to blame as some are saying.

Shoot me if you like!

To be fair it’s not aimed at just anyone who wants Gerrard to stay put. Merely those who get their frilly knickers in a bunch and greet at anyone daring to acknowledge that domestic progress hasn’t been good enough and being out of the title race in January isn’t good enough.

Irony being I’m not even in the Gerrard out camp despite all the tears and tantrums. But I could well shift if things don’t pick up domestically and we don’t take any trophies.

And people can say the idea of fans being “in awe” of his profile is patronising, but that won’t stop it being any less true. That’s not the case with everyone, but there’s a fair few who do nothing but trot out excuses, it’s referees, it’s the players, it’s the pitch, it’s the groundsmen, it’s the SFA, it’s the board not backing the manager - essentially it’s anyone’s fault but the man with all the control.

Last edited:
Are you suggesting its the players fault? We cant break down teams that sit in, that requires a tactical change and that comes from the top

Not necessarily suggesting that any more than it may be down to players not recognising what they need to do in the domestic situation !

We have basically handed the filth 9iar, how can that be progress?

We have all but spunked two leagues in a row to the filth.

In what realm of understanding, or of reality can that be classed as going forward?

Would love to hear from all the people giving him abuse over the past few days and see their thoughts now
We have had an excellent European campaign .but you really must be kidding yourself if you think that our domestic form since January has been fantastic.once against have handed the scum a league title after an other January collapse.

One thing we ain't doing is going backwards.
No were are standing still domestically. We are the same position as last year two seasons of collapsing in January. If we win nothing again this season then we certainly ran,t going forward domestically.

As long as the poets and the media are calling for Gerrard to go, you know we are on the right track.

There will be bumps, but we are undoubtedly headed in the right direction.
In Europe yes we are making progress domestically we are not .if we win nothing again this season how can you say we are making progress.we win the Scottish cup then yes you could say there has been progress.but until then second in the league isn,t progress.

I agree with you. Now let’s look at it, 2 consecutive seasons neck and neck with Celtic at new year, two consecutive January/Feb capitulations resulting in us being over 10 points behind. Where’s the progress there?

If you genuinely don't think theres progress given we're winning more games in all competitions, theres no point in having a debate with you.

we were robbed of the league cup and our league position is being made worse than it is by the mentally challengeds incredible run.

we are making progress and Gerrard will win us the league.
Add the shocking ref performance in the league costing us points in the league. Couldn’t we go on a run in the league and put them under a bit of pressure? Let’s see.

Gerrard said it was always going to be a 4 year project, every year we have made improvements to the squad. This run in Europe is a maybe a wee bit unexpected and perhaps the added boost financially will also help us make some real quality additions in the summer.

football wise I think,on our day we play the best football in the country, on our day I also think we have a better 1 to 11 than Celtic but what we need to do is win when the times are tough and the players are taking a bit of flak.
Remember Gerrard isn’t a finished article managerial wise, he is a young manager learning how to manage a big club and the egos in the squad. I think he will learn that slaughtering the guys publicly as often won’t help. It was something Walter Smith didn’t do or if so very rarely did

Back