Kit Launch and Gers Store Thread

Doesn’t look to be a lot / if any Long Sleeve tops. My eyes might be deceiving me.

People starting to gather

Edit:

It looks like it starts from size 7/8 years

Doesn’t look to be a lot / if any Long Sleeve tops. My eyes might be deceiving me.

People starting to gather

Edit:

It looks like it starts from size 7/8 years

Cheers. Saves me bothering with a trip today. Not gonna buy mine until I can get the smaller kids ones too.

Last edited:
I think that hummel's blue is far closer to past Rangers kits than anything we've had in the past decade or so

Agreed .

It’s the orange kit I don’t like or the new Dundee United style training kit . It’s horrible .

Someone know something we dont!!!
axbexf.jpg

Just went into JD in Argyle street. Not in. Asked the boy when and they haven’t been told when it will be stocked but they will get it.
Greaves Sports have said it’s only direct through Rangers just now but will be through them/JD as well in time

100% of fans I know personally love the shirt from last season. Not really seen any complaints even online from our fans

You just need to look at the kit threads to see many people dislike the tangerine kits . We managed without one for the first 120 odd years of our history . It just seems a bit pointless .

Down to personal preference I suppose . I like the more traditional ones .

I am still only person who isn't keen on the new home top.

But as I don't buy strips for anything over £20 I'm not who they're aiming at!!

Any idea whether we'll see the tops in a XS? The small last season was huge for me so hoping so seen as the training gear seems to start at XS

It's frustrating that we have a kit launch and then less than 10 minutes later, they are all sold out online. They must have known that the demand would be so high so why haven't Rangers/Hummel organised their stock levels appropriately? The home top is amazing and will sell well, but I reckon we are missing out on a lot of impulse buyers who might have bought it today but won't do in a few weeks/months. All feels a bit amateurish to me

I am disappointed they seem to underestimate the demand for strips.Maybe it’s a marketing ploy I don’t know but we seem to miss out every season.

Surely they must be releasing in batches during day?

This Elite group/Hummel cannot be that stupid, surely.

I mean I hope so so I can get my hands on one soon but I don't see how that would increase sales. You will still get loads of people logging on, finding everything sold out, and then not returning back to the site. Sometimes I can't believe how far we have come in the last few years, but then you get moments like this that remind you how far we have to go.

To even be selling these tops is a vast improvement, we are not working under normal trading conditions like any other club.

If we were in full control of our retail operation, I have no doubt that there would have been a huge fanfare with the release and there would have been plenty of stock to satisfy demand.

I agree though that we could lose a small amount of sales due to the circumstances.

Last edited:
Mate I'd just keep trying until they came back on I was in Bali when the first pre sale lot sold out I was pissed I missed out but was sidetracked by the holiday.
I ordered them last night but would keep trying until I got them, I'm sure most people will do the same.

It's frustrating that we have a kit launch and then less than 10 minutes later, they are all sold out online. They must have known that the demand would be so high so why haven't Rangers/Hummel organised their stock levels appropriately? The home top is amazing and will sell well, but I reckon we are missing out on a lot of impulse buyers who might have bought it today but won't do in a few weeks/months. All feels a bit amateurish to me
Keep the buying public desperate to get their hands in your product and you need not to discount getting full profit.
It also has the added bonus of not over producing and being left if a slow selker

re-ordered mine this week and it arrived this morning, just kept hitting the site until my size was in stock. I am still not sure what happened to my original order but checked my bank and nothing came off but I had an order number as I had ordered other stuff for mini me.

Was going to head in to the shop today in the hope they have his size as it wasn't available for pre-order at all.

However at least we have this happening, for too long we couldn't go out and buy the kits for our kids. So I am happy to wait a few more weeks or months to get him his size. As long as he has it for the 1st game of the season he will be happy.

Keep the buying public desperate to get their hands in your product and you need not to discount getting full profit.
It also has the added bonus of not over producing and being left if a slow selker
This 100% they way the drip fed the training tops in to the online site was a good marketing ploy and I bet a few people bought them earlier than they normally would.

Frustrating, good weather here, summer holidays looming. Bears wanting the new top in the tens of thousands, who never saw that coming?

It's either a deliberate strategy to create a hype and rush to buy or there's a real problem with how these manufacturers handle this stuff. This is quite literally an annual occurrence, so anticipation of demand should be far better.

I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's just sleekit marketing, but ending up with so many frustrated fans who are desperate to hand their money over in the here and now doesn't necessarily seem a great move.

I'm choosing to hold off this year and wait til the pandemonium settles, because the palaver last year was ridiculous around the amount of fck ups and short-comings.

Will get a top eventually.

It’s shouldnt be this hard to buy a new Rangers kit. Hummel have done a good job for the most part but this is the second year in a row they have seriously underestimated the demand.

I’m starting to wonder if it’s just too big for them.

Mine arrived yesterday.

A cracker.

I'm sure we'll all get them eventually. I guess it's a learning curve for Hummel, I imagine they've a grasp of the size of the club now and I expect they'll have a shite-tonne ready to go soon. 'll be making them too much money to ignore!

It’s shouldnt be this hard to buy a new Rangers kit. Hummel have done a good job for the most part but this is the second year in a row they have seriously underestimated the demand.

I’m starting to wonder if it’s just too big for them.
It 100% is, they couldn't even fulfil their obligations to Forest Green Rovers

Any idea whether we'll see the tops in a XS? The small last season was huge for me so hoping so seen as the training gear seems to start at XS

This years kits are more fitted than last year, and much shorter in length. Small would fit better this year than last

It's definitely poor that there is still issues with kit.

Last season was last minute.

The shop and online should be fully stocked with all sizes with shorts and socks.

I actually feel we will miss out on business with people getting bored with the dribs and drabs release of sizes

Back