Not giving Hagi minutes today

He sees Hagi every day in training. Either doesn’t feel he’s ready, or doesn’t rate him.

Personally I think Hagi is a player would could sell to bring in some funds for the rebuild. I don’t think he’ll get in our front 3 and he won’t want to be on the bench.
Or is managing a player just back from a long injury layoff.

The way he talks about Hagi suggests he rates him very highly as a player and a person.

No I saw Kamara. For what it’s worth I wouldn’t have him near the team.

But you said “the subs” ie all of them were shocking. Which is clearly absolute nonsense.
One substitution was good - Tillman recovering from injury aggravated by rushing him back for the cup final.
Souttar needed minutes.
Arfield meant rejigging the back four when a straight swap could have been done.
Kamara and Morelos are yesterdays men going through the motions.

No there’s nothing to say he isn’t, nor is there anything in my post to suggest so either. His attitude has always been first class so if it morphs to an attitude problem then it’s by people trying to create something where there is nothing, which could be said of the OP in the first place.

You just said he needs to work harder in training.

One substitution was good - Tillman recovering from injury aggravated by rushing him back for the cup final.
Souttar needed minutes.
Arfield meant rejigging the back four when a straight swap could have been done.
Kamara and Morelos are yesterdays men going through the motions.

I thought it was good to get Souttar on as he needs minutes and thought he looked comfortable.

Morelos is a funny one, he was more effective than Colak when he came on but a) that wasn’t hard as Colak was poor today and b) to your point it does feel like he’s finished with us

If Galatasaray made a bid of £5-7m for him in the summer I'd bite their hand off for it. Hagi has had some good moments but he has downsides to his play that I don't think suit Beale's style.

Cantwell and Tillman are so far ahead of him and I just don't see where Hagi fits into the team.

You just said he needs to work harder in training.
To get a start/minutes then he clearly does or he would have had more game time. That’s not a plight on him or a suggestion that he has an attitude problem, it’s the current way it is. Obviously coming back from such a long injury makes it difficult to get back in, but my point being when he is back in the team it will due to his efforts and he’ll be there on merit and not because one of us on FF thinks he should have got minutes in a particular game.

I thought it was good to get Souttar on as he needs minutes and thought he looked comfortable.

Morelos is a funny one, he was more effective than Colak when he came on but a) that wasn’t hard as Colak was poor today and b) to your point it does feel like he’s finished with us
Morelos was more effective because Motherwell were a man down and tired but agree Colak was brutal as he was against Raith.

Would anyone have a fit Hagi in their starting XI ?
It’s not a valid question for me because we shouldn’t have a starting XI in my opinion, football has gone so far past that and people need to catch up, different games require different players and I think we need a group of at least 14-16 players who can play at any point and don’t weaken the team.

There are games I would absolutely start Hagi, particularly against the low block we face at home and we need to play in tight spaces, others I’d bring him off the bench later in the game.

Hagi came on last week and looked as if he was running in a suit of armour. Kamara came on today, got himself into good positions, and had close to a 100% successful pass rate. So in a game where we just needed to see it out, i can see why Beale left Hagi on the bench.

Hagi came on last week and looked as if he was running in a suit of armour. Kamara came on today, got himself into good positions, and had close to a 100% successful pass rate. So in a game where we just needed to see it out, i can see why Beale left Hagi on the bench.
That first line is nonsense, Hagi looked sharp when he came on last week ffs.

Well done, mate.
Found something to moan about.
To be honest there was a lot to moan about. A comfortable last 20 minutes hides a lot of the bad things about the shit defending and the side to side slow build up.

I just want to see hagi get back up to speed with minutes on the park, especially if the game isn’t at risk

Both Hagi and Kamara should be encouraged to move on this summer. They are two of our more saleable players that we would not miss, and the combined money should be used to finance a quality CF.

A lot of the same people writing him off after some sporadic appearances after a month out, are the same people saying we can’t judge Yilmaz after 5 months out.

Before he was injured I didn’t see Hagi having a future with us long term. I think he is overrated and doesn’t really suit us and pre injury he was never considered a nailed on starting 11 player IMO

I don’t see him getting much game time if he’s still here next season given the options that are ahead of him in the pecking order

If we got £5m offered for him, I reckon he’d be off

Isn’t a player I see fitting in to Beale system.

I actually rate him from a technical perspective but even when fit he was alarmingly slow.

I thought he was coming on in the second half as hew was the only one not out with all the other subs. Possibly not wanting to take the risk with him.

I think it was best he was moved on truth be told bit of an enigma of a player yes he can create something and does have a goal in him but he's always been a luxury with us his lack of athleticism and pace has always been an issue likewise his consistency levels before his injury.

The way I see it does he get ahead of Cantwell/Tillman ? Clearly no.

Will he get into our forward line currently ? Again no.

And you will get the usual suspects saying just drop him into midfield and it will work again no chance he will be effective especially in bigger games.

I just don't see his long term future with us and think it was best he was moved on in the summer.

I'm not sure we can read too much into this
MB can't play more than 11 players on the park at any time
He chooses who's on the bench based on who he might need depending on how the games going & how the opposition is set-up
This week he brought on GK & SA
Next week it could be IH

It's not always a case of who's a better player - or who impresses in training - but it can also be about who might be more suited & effective at the time
( At least that's the line I bought into when my coach kept me on the bench when I played at low amateur level )

I'm not sure we can read too much into this
MB can't play more than 11 players on the park at any time
He chooses who's on the bench based on who he might need depending on how the games going & how the opposition is set-up
This week he brought on GK & SA
Next week it could be IH

It's not always a case of who's a better player - or who impresses in training - but it can also be about who might be more suited & effective at the time
( At least that's the line I bought into when my coach kept me on the bench when I played at low amateur level )
GK should never wear a Rangers shirt again.

The manager knows better than you.
I cant stand it when posters say this, you could pretty much use this in every post however managers get it wrong at times and beale has got it wrong in his two OF games.

Wrong subs in the 2-2 draw.
Wrong starting 11 then wrong subs in the final.

I cant stand it when posters say this, you could pretty much use this in every post however managers get it wrong at times and beale has got it wrong in his two OF games.

Wrong subs in the 2-2 draw.
Wrong starting 11 then wrong subs in the final.
Some people either can’t see this or think they are so staunch by not admitting it.

He’ll play far more of a role next season than he will this one. He’ll get the odd sub appearances up till the end of the season maybe even start a few games later on in the season. Was always going to be next season we would see hagi back properly. Beale won’t want him to break down before next season.

He wont be here for the long haul,i can see him going out on loan in summer (turkey probably).He has zero pace and was a poor player before injury i just dont see where he fits in this team going fwd.

He wont be here for the long haul,i can see him going out on loan in summer (turkey probably).He has zero pace and was a poor player before injury i just dont see where he fits in this team going fwd.
Hagi is the mirror image of Aribo , he’s become worse whilst on the sidelines , Aribo on the other hand is now world class.

Back