Not the most pressing issue - Tom Miller and the RTV commentary

I can't stand listening to him, he's fucking awful. Gets our black players mixed up every game, the same old tired clichés, starts talking utter shite to his cocom, hits out with shite like Arriba Arriba Arriba when Aribo scores, just tries to scream players names a la AGUERROOOOOOOOO.

People forget that he has a dual commentary role - TV and radio. He also has to be guarded about comments on refereeing decisions as he would get his baws kicked!!!

The audio mix is all wrong on rangers tv. They turn down the crowd noise and have Tom's mic up to 11. The most amazing atmospheres on normal tv sound like a game down the park on rtv

I‘d agree with this. Very noticeable that they quieten down the crowd noise. No idea why, unless they worry about us being ‘shocked’ to hear ‘bad words’.:rolleyes:

The RTV coverage needs to be revamped it has gone very stale. Could we not have a studio set up where a couple of pundits analyse the game at half time instead of playing RTV interviews that are available on the website anyway.

Tom Miller should not be covering every game, it’s gets very tiresome when there are 2 games a week

As has been mentioned there are delays with the audio compared to the pictures, even if it is very slight it still makes the game unwatchable and I find myself muting the sound.

Finally, since the new software has been introduced myself and numerous other viewers get buffering and de pixelating which is hugely frustrating.

Huge amount of work that needs to be done, especially if they are raising the prices.

I think he's great, sorry. Knowledgeable, honest, fair, upbeat and quick to praise good play from either side. As always, we love to tear a strip off one of our own.

Tom Miller, the guy is an embarrassment, his commentary on Rangers TV is so difficult to listen to. His co commentators typically are great, Little, Thompson, Smith etc I find are a good listen whereas Tom for me is brutal. His attempts at one liners, quotes, speeches and anecdotes leave us open to criticism and mocking constantly, his speech after the win at their midden in December for example he was singling out their players and talking as thought the league was won - fast forward 2 months and look at us. As I said, by no means the most pressing issue we have at the minute, but for me he cheapens the coverage on RTV, am I alone in this or does anyone else find him pretty insufferable?
Tom gives his commentary to Rangers fans. Check out other football clubs, their commentaries are off the same vein. Keep up the good work Tom

I can't stand listening to him, he's fucking awful. Gets our black players mixed up every game, the same old tired clichés, starts talking utter shite to his cocom, hits out with shite like Arriba Arriba Arriba when Aribo scores, just tries to scream players names a la AGUERROOOOOOOOO.

Any constructive criticism?

Thats not the point. You can listen to Tom on RTV or you can listen to Sutton and co. I know who id rather listen to.

Its a bit like the grief the manager and players (rightly at times) get. Id love to see any of you do a better job.

That is genuinely the worst defence I've ever read on here. By that logic no one should have an opinion on anything.

Tom gets slaughtered for being a fan from fellow fans. Andy Haliday is hero worshipped for the same reasons by the same fans. Both are not the best by any means at their professions but both try their best, both absolutely love Rangers, what's the difference?

A look through FF makes us look like a very disjointed support who are always slating each other, sagging each other, arguing, attacking and worst of all ridiculing each other.

I'm sure this amuses the mentally challengeds more than Tom Miller.

Tom's fine, people need to lighten up a bit.
An upbeat Rangers fan on our own TV channel, who gives a fuk what anybody else thinks. I'd prefer he was a bit more biased tbh, slaughtering referees etc.
How about a halftime slot with Sonia O'neill on, modeling kit, showing us some new workout and stretching routines. That would be an improvement!

Tom Miller, the guy is an embarrassment, his commentary on Rangers TV is so difficult to listen to. His co commentators typically are great, Little, Thompson, Smith etc I find are a good listen whereas Tom for me is brutal. His attempts at one liners, quotes, speeches and anecdotes leave us open to criticism and mocking constantly, his speech after the win at their midden in December for example he was singling out their players and talking as thought the league was won - fast forward 2 months and look at us. As I said, by no means the most pressing issue we have at the minute, but for me he cheapens the coverage on RTV, am I alone in this or does anyone else find him pretty insufferable?

He has verbal diarrhoea.

I'm convinced he can't see what's going on so makes it up. The amount of things he says are wildly inaccurate.

That's without starting on his sayings, speeches or old da' jokes.

I mean, Arrrriba Arrriba Arrrriba? Wtf... Rangers fan or not, i'd slap my mate in the pub for saying that. Nice guy. But no thanks.

I remember the time he said Steven Gerrard will be pleased while it was 1-1 at home to Hibs. Man just shut up.

The pies and bovril are honking as well.
I wish these were the only things we have to worry about at Ibrox.

He has verbal diarrhoea.

I'm convinced he can't see what's going on so makes it up. The amount of things he says are wildly inaccurate.

That's without starting on his sayings, speeches or old da' jokes.

I mean, Arrrriba Arrriba Arrrriba? Wtf... Rangers fan or not, i'd slap my mate in the pub for saying that. Nice guy. But no thanks.

I remember the time he said Steven Gerrard will be pleased while it was 1-1 at home to Hibs. Man just shut up.

If he could dislodge the squeeky toy from his throat he might be a bit more tolerable.

I have no problem at all with his commentary and I liked his “aribo,aribo,aribo” at his goal.i actually think he’s improved a lot since they ditched Hugh burns as he trusts his co commentators more

Tom is ok. I get that his patter might not be to the taste of a lot of people but he is harmless.

His patter seems to annoy people more than him missing most of the action, for some reason. He gets foul calls/offsides/thrown ins etc wrong all the time :D

But like I said, he is fine.

This .

He is a bit of a Buffon but harmless and a bear , kind of endearing and as long as someone like little is with him , they make a decent double act . I’m more inclined to switch the sound down with the co commentators, I find Alan mclaren , davie Weir , for example intolerable bores .

The relief when I hear little is huge .

Nothing wrong with Tom. If you don’t like it, press the mute button. Bigger issues to deal with than Tom.

As long as it's not Durrant as co-commentator then RTV is fine.

Andy Little and Steven Smith are a good listen.

It's Rangers TV, you know for Rangers fans.

I'd rather have a true blue getting carried away watching and commentating than the miserable bastards from SKY, BT etc who hate our guts.

Always the same after a bad result, everyone gets it in the neck!

It's Rangers TV, you know for Rangers fans.

I'd rather have a true blue getting carried away watching and commentating than the miserable bastards from SKY, BT etc who hate our guts.

Always the same after a bad result, everyone gets it in the neck!

Yes, but the quality doesn't have to be sacrificed to do that....

Did you complain after his December speech? Or is this the well known FF trope where a few bad results mean EVERYTHING is awful?

I absolutely despise his commentary and it's got nothing to do with wanting to moan at someone due to our poor form at the moment before anyone starts on me.

Would've had him gone for someone more professional a long time ago if it was down to me. Guys like KT, Little, Stevie Smith are far more enjoyable to listen to whenever they're on RTV.

I'm sure we'd get by without having to resort to "Craigan and Michael Stewart" as some people seem to think is the alternative if we sacked Tom Miller.

He is rubbish and seen him at a couple Erskine nights and he was crap he even tried a joke about sevco ( seriously ) was surprised that the audience never reacted and spoke to the organiser who said that’s just Tom, is it true he worked at parkheid for a short period?

I absolutely despise his commentary and it's got nothing to do with wanting to moan at someone due to our poor form at the moment before anyone starts on me.

Would've had him gone for someone more professional a long time ago if it was down to me. Guys like KT, Little, Stevie Smith are far more enjoyable to listen to whenever they're on RTV.

I'm sure we'd get by without having to resort to "Craigan and Michael Stewart" as some people seem to think is the alternative if we sacked Tom Miller.
It’s chalk or cheese with some cvnts on here it seems, either listen to Sutton or listen to Tom, just because he’s a fan doesn’t give him a free pass for me but it does for a lot on here. The guy is a buffoon and for a club like ours we surely have other better options we could utilise, constructive criticism of a service the club provide doesn’t go far on here

It’s chalk or cheese with some cvnts on here it seems, either listen to Sutton or listen to Tom, just because he’s a fan doesn’t give him a free pass for me but it does for a lot on here. The guy is a buffoon and for a club like ours we surely have other better options we could utilise, constructive criticism of a service the club provide doesn’t go far on here
Only one buffoon here kiddo.

Rather pay money direct to Rangers TV and listen to staunch rangers men than give money to BT or Sky and listen to mentally challengeds like sutton and andy walker.

Constructive criticism calling him a buffoon

It’s things like this that come off as unprofessional for me, I get he’s a fan and it’s a high intensity game with a lot riding on it, but representing the club he should have more savvy than to go on the way he did when we’re not even at the split yet. When we win the league he could sing the sash down the mic if he likes but I just think his coverage at times comes across as a fan more than it does a pundit. I’m not saying I prefer the coverage on BT or Sky but I think a club our size must surely have someone we can throw in there who’s maybe a bit better, just my opinion
In these days of political correctness and bland cookie-cutter hosts and pundits, Tom is a refreshing blast of old-school "I don't give a %^*&."

If you’re implying he isn’t then it’s head in the sand stuff tbh mate “ARIBA ARIBA ARIBA” most recent example
I didn’t mind that at all if I am being honest.each to there own but their is a lot or us subscribers to rtv who like his commentary and I am one of them

It would be good if he’d stop using ‘momentarily’ 20 times a game.

other than that it’s a bit cringe but that’s fine.

do not need a video of his belly on Inside Ibrox when we scored though haha

If you’re implying he isn’t then it’s head in the sand stuff tbh mate “ARIBA ARIBA ARIBA” most recent example
You are absolutely allowed to think he is a buffoon. What you are not allowed to do is call him a buffoon and then try to claim you are offering constructive criticism.

This is a forum, it is a place specifically designed for people to discuss their opinions. You have an opinion, some other people have a different one. Why that seems to bother you is a little bit of a mystery.

You are absolutely allowed to think he is a buffoon. What you are not allowed to do is call him a buffoon and then try to claim you are offering constructive criticism.

This is a forum, it is a place specifically designed for people to discuss their opinions. You have an opinion, some other people have a different one. Why that seems to bother you is a little bit of a mystery.
You’ve spat the dummy because I called him a buffoon mate, you’re having a howler here

You’ve spat the dummy because I called him a buffoon mate, you’re having a howler here
Sorry, but I don't see where any dummy has been spat. If pointing out the obvious is spitting the dummy out, well, I guess I need to live with that.

May I suggest you start a blog? Having to interact with people is clearly not a strong-point and somewhere you can vent your spleen without having to listen to alternative views might be a little easier on you?

Back