Not the most pressing issue - Tom Miller and the RTV commentary

Now I come to think about it other than Rory Hamilton, Stevie Smith, Kevin Thomson and Andy Little everyone else who commentates on our games on any platform is awful for one reason or another. To be fair all the other "Club TV" channels I've seen are just as bad.

Sorry, but I don't see where any dummy has been spat. If pointing out the obvious is spitting the dummy out, well, I guess I need to live with that.

May I suggest you start a blog? Having to interact with people is clearly not a strong-point and somewhere you can vent your spleen without having to listen to alternative views might be a little easier on you?
You’ve just said I’m entitled to my opinion, which is that the guy is a buffoon and the club can and should do better for the fans media source’s main commentator, you’ve taken the hump at my opinion, if you disagree that’s fine as it’s all about opinions but don’t contradict yourself

Anyone else stop here and think that the OP is just a big women?

Away take a lie down. TM is a great employee of RTV. In fact let's replace him with Rob McLean.
McLean can’t be the only alternative surely there are others is my point it’s not me saying right everyone get BT on because frankly that’s some form of torture I’m sure of it but a club our size with our past players, staff, managers etc surely there are guys we could get in that make the commentary better

You’ve just said I’m entitled to my opinion, which is that the guy is a buffoon and the club can and should do better for the fans media source’s main commentator, you’ve taken the hump at my opinion, if you disagree that’s fine as it’s all about opinions but don’t contradict yourself
Calling someone a buffoon is not 'constructive criticism'. You can call him a buffoon, absolutely, but you cannot then try and claim it is constructive criticism.

Jebus mate, it is not even that hard to follow, but you have basically just proven that you do not know what constructive criticism is, but want to use the term :D

Tell you what, I am feeling generous, so here is some 'constructive criticism' and some 'criticism'. See if you can guess which is which:

Aimed at no-one in particular...

1. You are a moron
2. Your posts would benefit from you taking a few seconds to get an adult to proof read everything for you.

he's a Rangers fan, he's happy to see us score goals

Rangers TV is for Rangers fans, I don't really see the problem here

Calling someone a buffoon is not 'constructive criticism'. You can call him a buffoon, absolutely, but you cannot then try and claim it is constructive criticism.

Jebus mate, it is not even that hard to follow, but you have basically just proven that you do not know what constructive criticism is, but want to use the term :D

Tell you what, I am feeling generous, so here is some 'constructive criticism' and some 'criticism'. See if you can guess which is which:

Aimed at no-one in particular...

1. You are a moron
2. Your posts would benefit from you taking a few seconds to get an adult to proof read everything for you.
Constructive criticism for RTV not Tom Miller, the coverage could be better on match days with better commentators, pretty constructive.
Surprised I had to explain that to you, you didn’t happen to go to a school that started with a “St.” did you? Might explain why it’s taken so long for this to click...

Constructive criticism for RTV not Tom Miller, the coverage could be better on match days with better commentators, pretty constructive.
Surprised I had to explain that to you, you didn’t happen to go to a school that started with a “St.” did you? Might explain why it’s taken so long for this to click...
Saying something is shite is not constructive...

Constructive is offering ideas to improve something. Calling Miller a buffoon is not offering a solution, and therefore not constructive.

Jebus mate, primary level stuff here.

I give up.

1. forget 2.

Saying something is shite is not constructive...

Constructive is offering ideas to improve something. Calling Miller a buffoon is not offering a solution, and therefore not constructive.

Jebus mate, primary level stuff here.

I give up.

1. forget 2.
You’ve had an absolute howler here mate, unlucky

The thing is though that speech was made by one of us specifically FOR us.

It's not Tom's problem is these sad fuckers are watching our games on Rangers TV and behaving like "the Rangers commentator, commentating for Rangers supporters, celebrated a big Rangers win but then they lost some matches so hahahahaha". F*ck that. TV for us, by us, should be biased in our favor.

Tom’s speech was everything we all thought at that time.He was in the mood, and what he said resonated so much with our support, because we all thought we had turned a very important corner.It’s not his fault he and us have been badly let down by the players and the mgmt since the winter break.
Another false dawn...it would seem.

By the way if we were winning games like we are supposed to …this post wouldn’t exist.

Jeez. I’m an auld f*cker and will never see the day when there is absolutely nothing at Ibrox or associated with Rangers that couldn’t be improved upon. You’re just a ‘kid’ in comparison but unfortunately I have to tell you now that neither will you. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

You clearly have a dislike for Tom’s commentary. Plenty disagree. It’s only opinions. It doesn’t mean you are ‘right’ and everyone who enjoys Tom’s commentary is ‘wrong’. There’s always the mute button - or Crocker and Co. In fact, maybe we should lobby RangersTV for a commentary free option on the feed. That might keep everyone happy (now that WOULD be a first).

Ah, sense at last !
As a fellow 'auld f*cker' I agree "It's only opinions'.

Sadly for me, the 'mute button' has become my friend ...
I would prefer the more 'professional' approach but I can live with believing what I see with my own eyes & making my own mind up.
Thinking you are in the sports bar with all those TVs & no sound is not all bad.

It's simply the incessant motor-mouth drivel that gets on my tits ...
Sorry Tom (but I don't listen to the other lot on Sky, BT etc., either:rolleyes:)

Commentary Free would suit me fine - I've been around long enough, I think I know what's going on in the game.
I may not like it but what can I do about it .... much like the team :eek:

I find it amazing people are criticising him for his reaction to the recent OF win. He is a Rangers fan working for Rangers TV. I don’t watch Rangers TV for impartial commentary, I watch it because it is pro-Rangers.

The thing is though that speech was made by one of us specifically FOR us.

It's not Tom's problem is these sad fuckers are watching our games on Rangers TV and behaving like "the Rangers commentator, commentating for Rangers supporters, celebrated a big Rangers win but then they lost some matches so hahahahaha". F*ck that. TV for us, by us, should be biased in our favor.

Exactly.

People do realise it’s not a case of Tom or Sutton and co, right? We can improve our RTV commentary team without needing to employ Sutton etc.
It’s amazing that’s about the only comeback you get when commenting on this guy, he is like most things at our club behind the scenes, amateurish.

I read on an Aberdeen forum that Rangers TV provide a very biased commentary service. I suppose it would come across like that if you had been listening to BBC Scotland for the last 20 years.

Maybe Tam should introduce a few doric phrases and we could have a Joe Harper interview.

I was speaking to an Aberdeen fan a couple of weeks ago who was actually quite positive about the commentary of RTV. He didn’t feel it was overly biased towards Rangers. Spoke to him again today having heard the abomination that is RedTV commentary at the Ross County winking goal and he’s utterly embarrassed by the standard. None of the Aberdeen support like those guys.

I like Tom.
it's a matter of opinion. Not embarrassing, not bad or good or anything. Personal taste.
We all know he can be a bit cringe theres no denying it. But fucking hell, let me do his job and id be 10x worse lol.

I really dont see the problem some folk on here have with him but as you say its a matter of personal opinion.

I actually like him, he might not be to everyone’s taste but it’s far better than listening to most of the other commentators on Sky and Bt who are far from being impartial.

Doesn’t bother me does Tom. Does have a passion for the club even if his knowledge of the game is limited.

Tom Miller, the guy is an embarrassment, his commentary on Rangers TV is so difficult to listen to. His co commentators typically are great, Little, Thompson, Smith etc I find are a good listen whereas Tom for me is brutal. His attempts at one liners, quotes, speeches and anecdotes leave us open to criticism and mocking constantly, his speech after the win at their midden in December for example he was singling out their players and talking as thought the league was won - fast forward 2 months and look at us. As I said, by no means the most pressing issue we have at the minute, but for me he cheapens the coverage on RTV, am I alone in this or does anyone else find him pretty insufferable?
You're going to be like a cyber deontay wilder after this OP. Tom Miller is a red, white and blue labrador, why does he need kicked ?

Just think who we could have if martin bain was still in charge, I shudder at the thought.

I enjoy the commentary. Tom does a good job for me. Would be gutted if it went down a more professional route.

Nought wrong with Ooor Tom. He nails his colours to the mast. What would you rather some downbeat professional that never gets excited and claims to be a Forfar fan? He may not be the most professional at times when he gets really excited or gives players nick names but he is honest and tells it as it is.

i think he's good and to be honest he's very fair with what he comments on the field. Best when he has lovenrkands, little or thomson next to him.
I like Tom but I disagree about him being fair. Of course it's rangers TV so is rightly biased towards us in terms of the focus being on us and cheering when we score etc. Sometimes though he'll say the refs got it wrong after we've committed an obvious foul or similar,I'd prefer not to have that.

This comes up every so often so here's my take on it.

Yes, I'd much rather listen to Tom Miller than Crocker, Walker, Sutton etc. But, that doesn't mean he's a good commentator.

His 'patter' is brutal and we could do much better. We've had guys like Nick Thompson cover for Tom when he's been unavailable and he's a million times more professional and more like a commentator should be. I'm not saying that the club's own TV channel shouldn't be biased towards the team, but the stuff that Tom gets wrong, claiming for fouls and offsides and stuff that didn't happen, is cringe worthy, imo.

He also never shuts up but in his defence a little, the club now offer audio commentary for games that can't be shown live, so he has to commentate like he's on radio, which suits his style.

In short, my personal opinion is we can do better.

I think it's already mentioned but why do people keep saying they like him rather than the alternative - a "boring, professional, non-rangers fan with no knowledge of the club" or Crocker etc. Surely there must be an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, professional Rangers fan as an option somewhere?

[QU
OTE="Herbie53, post: 5444333, member: 8509"]
Tom Miller, the guy is an embarrassment, his commentary on Rangers TV is so difficult to listen to. His co commentators typically are great, Little, Thompson, Smith etc I find are a good listen whereas Tom for me is brutal. His attempts at one liners, quotes, speeches and anecdotes leave us open to criticism and mocking constantly, his speech after the win at their midden in December for example he was singling out their players and talking as thought the league was won - fast forward 2 months and look at us. As I said, by no means the most pressing issue we have at the minute,
but for me he cheapens the coverage on RTV, am I alone in this or does

anyone else find him pretty insufferable?
[/QUOTE]

Don't think he was the only one to think that on 29th ......tbh

I have no doubt he’s a big bluenose and obviously his heart is in the right place but I have to admit to watching parts of our games this season on mute. If I’m being honest his commentator style is just not for me.

Tom is ok. I get that his patter might not be to the taste of a lot of people but he is harmless.

His patter seems to annoy people more than him missing most of the action, for some reason. He gets foul calls/offsides/thrown ins etc wrong all the time :D

But like I said, he is fine.
Desmond for 2-2 grinds my gears but the Sky mob on Saturdays use it too

I really like Tom; so passionate, and unlike some I quite like his anecdotes, which can be very informative. One thing though, I wish Rangerstv would get Alex Miller back; by a mile he is the best analyst I've heard anywhere in a long time- he did the Spartak Moscow game last season, and was never back.

Tom Miller, the guy is an embarrassment, his commentary on Rangers TV is so difficult to listen to. His co commentators typically are great, Little, Thompson, Smith etc I find are a good listen whereas Tom for me is brutal. His attempts at one liners, quotes, speeches and anecdotes leave us open to criticism and mocking constantly, his speech after the win at their midden in December for example he was singling out their players and talking as thought the league was won - fast forward 2 months and look at us. As I said, by no means the most pressing issue we have at the minute, but for me he cheapens the coverage on RTV, am I alone in this or does anyone else find him pretty insufferable?
I love Tom Miller, a fan commentating

Would have had more credibility if you'd made the OP on the back of the braga win, just looks like sour grapes from here. Reminds me of how Phil Neville was slaughtered for his commentry on an England loss but nowt would have been said after a win. Tom's not everyone's cup of tea but he's doing a great job imo.

Back