Noticeable by it’s absence

KazKoz

On all discussions by Celtic fans there is virtually no reference to Rangers superior coaching and the difference that has made on the park.

When we beat them at Parkhead recently i was struck by the difference in size and quality of back room staff.

Being honest in nearly 50 years of watching Rangers I have only ever seen two periods of style that was not all about the individuals that were part of the team. The first was the immensely costly but brilliant Advocaat era and the second is this period under Gerrard.

It has taken time but it is clear that there has been a consistent training regime over these last few years in which the coaching staff themselves have gone through a learning curve with regards to Scottish football. The output is on the park for all to see and enjoy.

We could have had our “Ross County” moment when Hamilton turned us over at Ibrox last year when all hope was lost of lifting the title but we as fans didn’t. We certainly moaned and were upset but we recognised the progress under Gerrard and that extra bit of patience from us and quality from the Board and coaching team is being repaid on the park.

I find it interesting that there is so little mention or comparisons made between coaching teams when it is obvious to a blind man that is where the issues lie at Celtic.

Let them believe it’s all down to Lennon and his tactics. The facts are they’ve only lost one and drawn 2. If they win their games in hand they‘re 5 behind. They actually aren’t doing to bad points wise.
They have completely forgot about that team in Blue who look miles ahead of them in all areas of the pitch.

We keep going and doing our thing and they need to beat us, the way we’re playing they’re doesn’t look like many teams will score far less take points of us.

It's because they know they fucked up by trying to outspend us to the top and they haven't run their club well, where we have made as good use of every penny that we can. I love the way our club is being run now and really if we can find a way to bring the youth through into this team then we'll be damned near perfect. I think we've all dreamed of seeing our team run like this for many years. We've figured out how to bridge the gap between our clubs finances and the big clubs by being extremely well run. This is getting close to my favourite time being a rangers fan and if we can keep improving the way we have, we may have a team that could rival the nine in a row team. This is unbelievable considering the resources gap.

To be fair, from what I’ve read from them on Twitter, they seem to unanimously accept that Gerrard has Lennon’s number and that we’re well drilled and play our system well.

Where they seem to be deluded is in thinking that their squad is better than ours. It’s not

You are bang on the money OP.

Another thing that is largely missing is any credit for Ross County or indeed Hivs for the 2 each draw. Both games have been all about the mentally challengeds. Its all about where they are going wrong not well done the opponents. mentally challenged journalism for mentally challenged readers and viewers

They have wasted the guts of £40m on absolute dross

that was the advantage they had over us and it’s all gone

they have signed players that don’t suit their system

the manager changes from 3-5-2 to 4-2-3-1 with the same players

it’s an absolute shit show

the players have also chucked it see french Boyd ntcham bug Julie

To be fair, from what I’ve read from them on Twitter, they seem to unanimously accept that Gerrard has Lennon’s number and that we’re well drilled and play our system well.

Where they seem to be deluded is in thinking that their squad is better than ours. It’s not
interesting as I am not really following twitter I haven’t seen that honesty from them.

When we have a bigger lead say 10 points on equal games I will sleep easier,as much as am enjoying their demise am not becoming complacent
It's gone beyond complacency with many.
They believe it is all over bar the shouting.
I think we will do it too, but will refrain from celebrating until Tav raises the trophy.
I do revel in their turmoil though, long may it continue with league points dropped.

It doesn't suit the Scottish agenda to give us credit, and long may it continue (well until 55 anyway).

We don't just win a game, there are talking points in almost every game that take over the narrative. deflected goals, dodgy penalties, dodgy decisions, no one can bring themselves to sit up and really take notice of the strides forward we have made, they expect normal service to resume if/when they find any sort of form.

They have the better squad, going through a bad patch blah blah blah.

I'm happy for this to continue, less pressure on our lads.

It's clear now that we are a well oiled, well drilled machine from the board room to the coaching/management staff to the first team squad. You could even say the same about the Development side of things, but I'd hang fire on that for a while yet.

The filths model was to throw money at "The Ten". Thing about that is that if that doesn't work, any alternative takes time and patience, and we've now seen what kind of patience their "supporters" have.

I'm waiting to see how we perform post Christmas, but if we start where we left off, the filth are well and truly fuked, possibly for a long period of time while our well oiled machine powers on.

Potentially really exciting times for us.

Let them believe it’s all down to Lennon and his tactics. The facts are they’ve only lost one and drawn 2. If they win their games in hand they‘re 5 behind. They actually aren’t doing to bad points wise.
They have completely forgot about that team in Blue who look miles ahead of them in all areas of the pitch.

We keep going and doing our thing and they need to beat us, the way we’re playing they’re doesn’t look like many teams will score far less take points of us.
Read this then thought back to the Hibs and livi games. To ship 2 goals to that Hibs team still pisses me off. It's also a good reminder to the team that they should never lose their concentration in games. Let's keep the foot firmly on the throat!

Read this then thought back to the Hibs and livi games. To ship 2 goals to that Hibs team still pisses me off. It's also a good reminder to the team that they should never lose their concentration in games. Let's keep the foot firmly on the throat!
I’m trying to wipe the livi game especially from memory but it’s good motivation for the team to show we are only as good as our last game.

Any podcast I've listened to Gerrard and Rangers have had lots of praise for the football we are playing this season. Also that we look hungrier, fitter and better coached

One thing I've noticed really change this year is the number of supporters from other clubs saying 'I hope Rangers win the league this year'. Living in Edinburgh I'm surrounded by Hibs and Hearts fans and that's a near unanimous opinion.

I got my haircut on Monday by a young lad who was a Hibs fan and he was very complimentary about us and our style. Said we were a great watch this year as the football is off the scale good, our results in Europe top drawer and that he has some Celtic supporting client who he loathes as they're talking about the 'ups and downs of being a football fan' having won the everything for years. This was all through gritted teeth but he was being honest.

The shift in opinion is there, fans of other clubs are recognising it and bizarrely welcoming it too. Our press, wall to wall tims, will only retrospectively say that we deserved anything then spend their articles discussing Celtics failings that allowed it. Everyone else knows.

Completely agree. The fact they've been a shambles in Europe and been knocked out of the League Cup doesn't really help us in terms of the all important winning of the league. It only takes us to have one bad week and the points advantage could be gone and the pressure shifts back to us again. We need to stay fully focused, take care of our own business and if they continue to implode, it's a real bonus. We still have a lot of work to do, though I agree with the OP that the professionalism of our coaching and background staff has given us a fantastic opportunity.

There have been a few on Superscoreboard admitting that both Gerrard and the players have improved greatly this season. To be honest, it would be churlish of them not to.

For those that don't, and in no way defending anything they say, it's normal for a football fan to look at their own clubs deficiencies over what any one else is doing. That stems from goals lost to a drop in form.

We could have an absolute "worldy" scored against us and the view of many regarding it would be "I wank dugs.".

You are bang on the money OP.

Another thing that is largely missing is any credit for Ross County or indeed Hivs for the 2 each draw. Both games have been all about the mentally challengeds. Its all about where they are going wrong not well done the opponents. mentally challenged journalism for mentally challenged readers and viewers
Praising Ross County, Hibs or A N Other does not sell papers or gain viewers/listeners though.

It goes a lot deeper than the coaching. Our entire set up from our DOF, our scouting system, our sport science team and our tactical approach is light years ahead.

They have been asleep at the wheel for years and now it has finally caught up with them

They are gradually being forced into accepting our coaching set up is better and that our tactical structure or training is superior. Results against them and in Europe bear that out. They've been able to pretend it's irrelevant until recently because we've always bottled it when it mattered.

They are still very reluctant to accept that our squad is better. Or even improved in any sense for that matter. I can kind of understand that, it's pure unbridled tribalism. We trump them in quite a few areas comparatively now. Yet they don't want to acknowledge it and would rather pretend our players are pish. They still have a very good group of players, but the penny hasn't dropped that the best ones for them, all wanted to leave them in the summer.

I hope that they persist with this mindset. A lot of their support and a fair chunk of the press are still living in 2016 - 2017. To be honest a lot of their domestic opponents until recently have acted that way as well. It's why they've been able to cleansweep their way to the cusp of a quadruple treble. All empires fall eventually, they've sleepwalked into this mess and are baffled by it. It's going to make 55 all the sweeter for me.

I disagree to be honest, the majority of mhank supporters I’ve read, they genuinely think there isn’t much between the teams, the difference lies in how we are set up and coached.

On all discussions by Celtic fans there is virtually no reference to Rangers superior coaching and the difference that has made on the park.

When we beat them at Parkhead recently i was struck by the difference in size and quality of back room staff.

Being honest in nearly 50 years of watching Rangers I have only ever seen two periods of style that was not all about the individuals that were part of the team. The first was the immensely costly but brilliant Advocaat era and the second is this period under Gerrard.

It has taken time but it is clear that there has been a consistent training regime over these last few years in which the coaching staff themselves have gone through a learning curve with regards to Scottish football. The output is on the park for all to see and enjoy.

We could have had our “Ross County” moment when Hamilton turned us over at Ibrox last year when all hope was lost of lifting the title but we as fans didn’t. We certainly moaned and were upset but we recognised the progress under Gerrard and that extra bit of patience from us and quality from the Board and coaching team is being repaid on the park.

I find it interesting that there is so little mention or comparisons made between coaching teams when it is obvious to a blind man that is where the issues lie at Celtic.
I was thinking the other day how it’s only really him and the bravest man on earth on their bench.
football has moved on in the past few years. Dinosaurs become extinct.

That's what I see all the time, they know we are far better coached, although many prefer to give Beale the credit rather than Gerrard, but they have a delusion that our players are all worse than theirs.

That's what I see all the time, they know we are far better coached, although many prefer to give Beale the credit rather than Gerrard, but they have a delusion that our players are all worse than theirs.

I'm the same. They are happy to admit Lennon is a dinosaur in coaching terms. Can't quite admit that our squad is good, let alone admit we are surpassing them in a lot of ways. Until recently they still thought Frimpong was better than Tav. Which to me speaks volumes.

I'm the same. They are happy to admit Lennon is a dinosaur in coaching terms. Can't quite admit that our squad is good, let alone admit we are surpassing them in a lot of ways. Until recently they still thought Frimpong was better than Tav. Which to me speaks volumes.
The most bizarre part for me is that they think our entire defence is worse than theirs, although some say they would have Barasic. They genuinely think Goldson is hopeless. They just seem to want to completely blank our defensive record, our defensive performances in Europe (Benfica apart). Makes it all the better that the big fella was not only able to stop them having a single shot against us in their own midden but also found the time to stroll up the park and stick a couple past their keeper.

Over my 67 years , one phrase remains constant.

The most important person at any club is the Manager.

Never more relevant than now ?
Yep, our manager came in and ripped things up, started from the bottom all for the better, treacle teeth went and destroyed all the work Brendan Rodgers done and the infrastructure he put in place,

A previous poster stated it and I agree. I've been following Rangers since 1967 and to be quite honest only Advocaat and Gerrard had/have well coached sides. Davie White may have come into that category given time.
It's no coincidence that our best European performances have come under Dick and SG, that's the arena where good coaching and tactical awareness are vital, simply because you face well coached sides there, whereas in Scotland there is a paucity of good coaches.

Coaching in Scotland seems to consist of 10 men behind the ball and hope for the best.

One thing I've noticed really change this year is the number of supporters from other clubs saying 'I hope Rangers win the league this year'. Living in Edinburgh I'm surrounded by Hibs and Hearts fans and that's a near unanimous opinion.

I got my haircut on Monday by a young lad who was a Hibs fan and he was very complimentary about us and our style. Said we were a great watch this year as the football is off the scale good, our results in Europe top drawer and that he has some Celtic supporting client who he loathes as they're talking about the 'ups and downs of being a football fan' having won the everything for years. This was all through gritted teeth but he was being honest.

The shift in opinion is there, fans of other clubs are recognising it and bizarrely welcoming it too. Our press, wall to wall tims, will only retrospectively say that we deserved anything then spend their articles discussing Celtics failings that allowed it. Everyone else knows.
Same for me. Woman down the stair from me supports Aberdeen and even she says she’s sick of their fans and wants us to win the league. I realise, given that mob, she may be the minority.

Completely agree. The fact they've been a shambles in Europe and been knocked out of the League Cup doesn't really help us in terms of the all important winning of the league. It only takes us to have one bad week and the points advantage could be gone and the pressure shifts back to us again. We need to stay fully focused, take care of our own business and if they continue to implode, it's a real bonus. We still have a lot of work to do, though I agree with the OP that the professionalism of our coaching and background staff has given us a fantastic opportunity.
Spot on, don’t take our eyes off the prize for a moment

I'd be the last one to defend TLB or his performance as their manager, but as I noted on another thread, his 2nd tenure as manager has been the first time in well over a decade that a sellick manager has been asked to face a Rangers team on something approximating a level playing field.
In retrospect, even Rodgers boosted his managerial reputation by achieving results in this skewed, distorted context.

For their their fans, the realisation has still not fully taken hold that a majority of the titles they have won during this period were down to the wholly unfair advantages they had been given. They are still in denial over this. and prefer the more comforting option of believing that the shortcomings of TLB are the root of their problems and not the change of facts on the ground that have made Rangers a more competitive opponent.

They don’t mention our coaching but one of their biggest problems is they haven’t got a forward thinking, data driven manager with his own back room team. Apparently that’s liewells biggest failure this decade. It’s just sprung up out of nowhere though. They’ve wanted it for years and years and years. No way has anything at Rangers added this pressure. Nope. No way.

They have wasted the guts of £40m on absolute dross

that was the advantage they had over us and it’s all gone

they have signed players that don’t suit their system

the manager changes from 3-5-2 to 4-2-3-1 with the same players

it’s an absolute shit show

the players have also chucked it see french Boyd ntcham bug Julie
What really boils their pish is that their famous "separate entity" GoodGoliMissMoli is still playing CL with the Turkish side they shipped him to "in disgrace" after Coronagate. I bet the lad is sitting there enjoying the warm weather and CL footie and laughing himself daft at his good fortune. That's probably why the rest of their overseas "Talent" have got the hump as he's still signed into the Ceic first XI Whatsapp and giving it large. "Check out my Insta Bhoys yep still in disgrace down the beach with a couple of bikini clad lovelies - how's Lennoxtown and getting bawled at by Neic?"

I don't get the sudden need for praise from the mentally challengeds or anyone in the media who is celtic minded.

I've seen quite a few posters now who seem to be irritated by the lack credit we're getting from their bitter fans.

As far as I'm concerned the longer they ignore the improvements we've made and will continue to make the better.

They are talking "an elite level manager" - not sure they have made it beyond that.

We have an "elite level management team" - Gerrard is one part of that.

Compliments will come when silverware is lifted.

I'm enjoying this season and have enjoyed European football over the last 2 years a lot, but we're not over the line yet.

I disagree to be honest, the majority of mhank supporters I’ve read, they genuinely think there isn’t much between the teams, the difference lies in how we are set up and coached.
Agree that many mhanks get we're better coached. Just not sure whether, ex Eduard, Forrester, McGregor, Christie & Elyanoussi, their players can be improved much?

As regards the coaching, I said to an ex-colleague (one of them) yesterday could he name one player that has improved under Lennon & co's coaching - he couldn't.

We have several that have improved under the current regime - of course some of it will be down to the players themselves upping their game - but improvements are there for all to see.

they will never really give Gerrard credit, i know a lot of them who used to like him but obviously that changed, they are desperate for him to fail more than most because they know he's a big name and the way he handles himself irritates them.

they were desperate for it to be a disaster and another big name sent packing by the mighty celtic.

they were far too arrogant to realise we were getting better.

A previous poster stated it and I agree. I've been following Rangers since 1967 and to be quite honest only Advocaat and Gerrard had/have well coached sides. Davie White may have come into that category given time.
It's no coincidence that our best European performances have come under Dick and SG, that's the arena where good coaching and tactical awareness are vital, simply because you face well coached sides there, whereas in Scotland there is a paucity of good coaches.

Coaching in Scotland seems to consist of 10 men behind the ball and hope for the best.
Unbeaten against all European opposition in inaugural champions league appearance, including home and away victories against the champions of England - we seemed pretty well coached that season!

Back