Now Derek Ferguson Puts the boot into Morelos

Get all these ex players to fxck. He says Morelos is only Championship level, not good enough for Premier League.

ALL ex celtic players practically kiss the arse of anything to do with their old team.

Seems a bit bitter. Is it to do with not fulfilling his full potential, being sold by Rangers or his son maybe making more of a career than he did?

Get all these ex players to fxck. He says Morelos is only Championship level, not good enough for Premier League.

ALL ex celtic players practically kiss the arse of anything to do with their old team.

Treat Derek Ferguson exactly as he treats us.

Give him feck all that will contribute to his earnings. Vote with your feet with any events, podcasts and the like. Let him depend totally on the yahoo pound from Cooney and McGuire broadcasting.

If he sounds like a prick and acts like a prick there is a fair chance he is a prick.

You just have to listen to the thick lady's front bottom reading out his match report in BBC sportspund to hear what type of special you are dealing with.

Thicker than his brother

Tbf might have been pissed when he said it one of the biggest wastes of talent I have ever seen the magnificent bastard soon sorted him out by kicking him out

There is no difference. You are an individual using the available platform to express your opinion, an opinion which is available to thousands daily for free. It is a pretty well known fact that players, ex players and people connected with the club lurk on here.

If Derek Ferguson commenting on a player affects that player’s mentality, you would probably have to say his mentality needed to be questioned.

The fact you do not like him doing it in a paper is fine, but on this media platform, you need to apply the same standards.
Where has it been said that players, ex players and members of the club lurk on here? It can't be that well known because I don't know, I'm sure their is a lot on here that don't know either.

Interesting article, since I just watched Ferguson on Open Goal and he was very complimentary of Alfie. The only negative comment was that he "might still be carrying a bit of weight". I'm not sure any of us would disagree with that.

I think maybe the source (Sun) is more of an issue than the man.

Headline: Alfredo Morelos is an English Championship level player – not the Premier League, says Rangers hero

Quote: "I'm not quite sure a Premier League would come in for him but I could see it happening in the Championship."

Firstly, its just more media shit stirring about Rangers players, where the headline doesn't really match what was actually said - oh, and is Derek Ferguson anybody's Rangers Hero?

Secondly, the above doesn't excuse Ferguson, who allowed his name to be put to this disingenuous drivel.

And finally, lets take a look at some of the highlights from the crayon wielding gimp who scribbled the piece - David Fowler

Shock moment Rangers v Celtic minute's silence disrupted by sick shout about the Pope as fans remembered Ibrox Disaster​

Awkward moment on The Chase as 'Governess' Anne thinks Rangers' stadium means 'dung heap' and Celtic fans are loving it

Rangers star Fashion Sakala angers Aberdeen fans with gesture as Alfredo Morelos waves goodbye after powder keg clash

compare the tone and language of the above with the following and It's plain to see what's happening.

Celtic fans blast fellow supporters for behaviour at Rangers game as Chris Sutton wades into Ibrox Disaster row​

Hilarious moment Celtic star Jota interrupts press conference to compliment interviewer's HAIR

Josip Juranovic Celtic transfer latest as Spanish giants 'launch World Cup scouting mission' for Hoops star

The traditional press are dying off, lets help them. Don't click, don't share, and if you happen across any journalists when you're out and about - well, maybe their evening should be just a little non-violently uncomfortable - they are not our friends.

The championships full if international players with the number of europa league goals that Morelos has.
If we can get him fully fit and firing, I'm all for keeping him.
If he goes I hope he goes on and proves idiots like Ferguson wrong.

A lot of our ex players really need to take a look at themselves and see why the %^*& is going on. Their ex players would never act like that, ours an embarrassment to us!

We will soon find out. If only Championship clubs come in for him at end of year, he will resign for us. If it’s bottom of premier, he will re sign for us. If it’s mid table or above, he probably won’t.

Seen him on Open Goal last night and all he said was he should finish more chances but he has a right to give it back to the fans who dish it out.

Don't see an issue with what he said at all, it's not even that negative.

There has been a lot worse said on here over the last few months.

Some right precious wee souls on here at times.

This place fucking cracks me up :D

FF has spent the past 6 months calling Alfie a fat waster, someone who has found his level, who won’t get a club in any decent league and is basically a championship level player.

As soon as certain people say the exact same thing they are a disgrace.

Bi polar bears abound.
That correct. Now Morelos scored some easy goals and people are begging that he gets a new contract.
I dont care about DF but he is not completely wrong about Morelos being only championship level imo. Or why is he not already been signed by big teams?

DF is a bellend.I hate him and all the quivering pish that has come out his mouth over the years.
But goes on all these Rangers podcasts and opens up on his love for the Gers .as soon as he's on sportsound he plays the party line Pacifying his fondness for all these great players in the green and grey.

Like Neil McCann it’s the public whoring that gets me. I would have any of these clowns near our club with everything we’ve had to fight and put up with over the last number of years.

Derek Ferguson is probably the definition of the word "idiot".

When he speaks I actually feel my IQ dropping.

in my view Hartson & sutton etc are possibly paid either directly or indirectly by CFC to talk them up and more importantly, talk us down. It would not surprise me if some of our ex players are also possibly taking the same coin to do the same. As I say this is just my own view
That’s paranoia

Like his brother Barry, who in a footballing sense is one of my heroes, Derek is now more than happy to take aim in the press. It's easy pickings doing that, when there is little repercussion and it's not as though a weekly appearance on Open Goal with that barely literate lady's front bottom Macavennie is paying the bills.

Selling your soul and publicly talking down one of your own for a few pieces of silver.

%^*& the two of them.

You can count on one hand the number of ex-Rangers players I dislike but he's one of them (the others being Dalziel and Black). He was a gifted player when he came into the team and could have been a superstar. Instead he wasted it through drink and pissed his career away, then spent a large part of his post-playing career trying to persuade his brother (who I'm not too fond of either) to leave Ibrox. Basically he's an arse.

You sometimes get the feeling there is more than just a hint of jealousy, when some of our star players from the past start slagging off our current ones.

As a fan i do find Alfie as frustrating as f**k sometimes, but he is in the team to score goals, is back doing that, since MB took over is looking keener than ever and after being slagged off by the Hearts fans why not rub their collective noses in it.

I'd advise others to give it a watch before judging as well.

Derek Ferguson is usually fairly balanced whenever I see him on Open Goal. Sometimes he has a pop (usually when it's merited), ie. if Morelos has been lazy or Barisic has 'bottled' it against Celtic and so on.
Watched it last night. All three back Alfie and his celebration 100% and can’t believe McCann even mentioned it

But yet again another thread attacking an ex player who’s defending Morelos

Ferguson went on radio a few years to tell everyone what a great a lad Neil Simpson was and how he felt sorry for him after what happened.

The c unt should never be associated with Rangers every again after that.
I’ve seen the open goal Durrant / Ferguson interview and Ferguson was far more bitter towards Simpson than Durrant !

You know Alfie is starting to play again when every prick feels the need to get their 2pence worth.

Why is it that the media employ ex players who are to put it mildly thick. Ferguson and his brother, Dalziel and Hartson to name a few. I’ve no idea how these guys can get a job on tv.

Mainly because we live in a country where being anti-intellectual is celebrated and anyone who doesn’t speak like a slabbering imbecile about football in the media is whispered and giggled about.

I can get over Neil McCann’s comments this week because it’s inevitable that occasionally someone you otherwise like will say something you disagree with. I enjoy him as a pundit and some of his insights (particularly his discussions with Shelly Kerr) are interesting.

I don’t ever recall Derek Ferguson saying anything of interest or thought-provoking. He’s just one of those intellectual pygmies who contribute to the childish, uniquely pantomime media coverage of Scottish football.

I’ve seen the open goal Durrant / Ferguson interview and Ferguson was far more bitter towards Simpson than Durrant !
Not seen that m8.

The radio interview was a right few years ago. I couldn’t believe my ears. Obviously he’s had a think about what he said or he’s been told he was out of order.

Seen him on Open Goal last night and all he said was he should finish more chances but he has a right to give it back to the fans who dish it out.

Don't see an issue with what he said at all, it's not even that negative.

There has been a lot worse said on here over the last few months.

Some right precious wee souls on here at times.
I think it's the fact Derek Ferguson genuinely thinks Alfredo Morelos is only Championship level that, understandably, riles people.

It's absolute guff to anyone with a brain and merely illustrates how utterly dense he really is.

Ferguson is, frankly, a doss cunt by any measurement.

I think it's the fact Derek Ferguson genuinely thinks Alfredo Morelos is only Championship level that, understandably, riles people.

It's absolute guff to anyone with a brain and merely illustrates how utterly dense he really is.

Any EPL club could have bought Morelos anytime they wanted. Since the Lille offer there has been nothing from any team of note.

He ll probably be away in the summer and then we will see how he does at higher level.

Southampton are the only team in the EPL where he’d maybe get a start but then again Aribo is struggling to make the bench.

Todd Cantwell looks a great addition to our team. We got him as he couldn’t get in a Championship team

I wonder how many Championship level strikers could hold their own against the likes of Dortmund, Benfica, Porto. He's had bad injury problems this year which has effected his form but it doesn't take away what he's done in Europe over a number of years against good opposition and he has shown signs of getting back to his best under Beale. I don't understand why but some of our ex players like to talk down the standard and value of our players.

I wonder how many Championship level strikers could hold their own against the likes of Dortmund, Benfica, Porto. He's had bad injury problems this year which has effected his form but it doesn't take away what he's done in Europe over a number of years against good opposition and he has shown signs of getting back to his best under Beale. I don't understand why but some of our ex players like to talk down the standard and value of our players.
Some of our fans too - see post 297. It's very odd.

Back