Now that all the World Cup sections are completed

I think it’s a very open WC and very difficult to predict a winner. I would expect England to beat Senegal on Sunday and reach the quarter finals, however, I do feel that when they come up against the likes of a France or Spain or similar level country then I think they will be found out as they are liable to poor defending and they won’t be able to step up another gear. I’m slowly swayed towards Argentina or Brazil as ultimate winners of the tournament. Would love Messi to go out on his final WC and hold the trophy in a fortnight. I might start sourcing an expensive Malbec in anticipation.

Even though Italy aren't at the tournament, every "major" team went through the group like Italy.

Except England and France. They sauntered through their groups.

I think whoever wins that tie in the Quarters wins the tournament.

Lot of emphasis being put on this but Brazil, France etc made up to XI changes in some cases. The last few days have been exciting but in general it's been poor.

Not been overly impressed with any of the teams so for to be honest. Would be nice if one of the lesser countries won it but it will probably be one of Brazil France Spain England to do enough to win the thing.

I can’t see past France making the final, possibly v Brazil or Argentina?
Agreed - I think France v Brazil is a likely final, both seem to be more or less clicked into some form. Well - then you have Brazil’s result last night… although they created chances to win the match several times over.

It is a far more open World Cup than I can remember, the big boys absolutely not having it their own way and I think each team has had a dent to their pride throughout the groups.

With Korea, then Japan or Croatia to get to the semis, it hasn't half opened up for Brazil.

Not gimmes but if they want to win it, they couldn't have scripted it better.

Lot of emphasis being put on this but Brazil, France etc made up to XI changes in some cases. The last few days have been exciting but in general it's been poor.

Changes & not having to win the 3rd game explains a lot.

I was impressed by Morocco, Canada and the US. Surprised by Australia as thought they'd be dung.

England have plenty left in the tank. Brazil and France as I expected.

I want a new WC winner.

I thought England had no chance before the tournament started. Now I'm not so sure.
There's not one standout team as yet although I still think either France or Argentina will win it.

Written in the stars for England.

Amount of people I have spoken to who think this also is quite amazing.

Mean the meltdown of a few would be unbelievable.

Perosnally don’t really care who wins but i‘ve found it enjoyable viewing so hope it continues.

Noticed this earlier so had a quick glance at the 2018 Group tables and 3 teams got maximum points in the 2018 groups:

Uruguay, Croatia and Belgium.

It's been quite an unpredictable WC so far.

It's been quite shite IMO in terms of quality.

I know the final group games provided some entertainment but that was purely based on all the different scenarios where teams could be in or out, not necessarily because the football was so good.

There's no stand out team, there's no player(s) who've really lit up the tournament. There's a severe lack of top class goals...the Mexico free kick is about the best of the bunch. Older World Cups felt as if there were screamers being scored every other game, especially in 2006.

A few of the teams had already win their group before match day 3 so were using squad rotation to rest some players

Quite an open tournament but still can’t see past Brazil or France

A few of the teams had already win their group before match day 3 so were using squad rotation to rest some players

Quite an open tournament but still can’t see past Brazil or France

Yeah, France, Spain, Portugal and Brazil rested multiple players and all four lost.

As much as it’s been reasonably enjoyable, I think the standard of football has actually been quite poor and I’ve not been blown away by any one team.

You’d think the winner will come from France, Brazil, England, Spain or Argentina though. Can’t really see anyone outside of that lot winning it.

England are winning it. Southgate seems to have s pragmatic way that lends itself well to tournament football

Just for a change would love to see a country who has never won it, finally do so this time.

I honestly think this is Englands best ever chance to win it. No one has overly impressed me so far but apart from the USA game, where I don't think they were poor, just a bit flat, England in my opinion have been the best team so far.

I haven't seen a great deal of it but none of the games I have watched have been particularly good

First half of the Serbia game last night the pick of the bunch.

Back