Now that dust has settled on Tuesdays result

Dust has far from settled from the lunatics, the rest of us will enjoy Friday night and come away raving about a goal glut and a bleeding of some new young heroes

It’s been a massive overreaction to get honest but hardly suprised

Better Rangers teams have lost against worse sheep shite up there

Next games are what matters. Vital to bounce back strong and regain winning momentum then the other night will be quickly forgotten.
I genuinely believe their 9IAR followed by our best season after the invention of sliced bread has warped people's brains about what a normal league season looks like. This is the closest thing to one we've had in a decade and it's as if people have almost completely forgotten the ups and downs.

I was really concerned with the lack of structure and lack of patterns/movement when attacking with the ball and the loss of control of the match.

We should be on the front foot and dominating matches domestically, there will be spells where the opposition have the ball, which is fair enough, however that can’t be allowed to happen for large durations of the game.

I’m hoping that this was a blip and that we can get back to playing on the front foot. We need Davis, Arfield and Jack back although I wouldn’t play both Davis and Arfield at the same time. I’m really hoping that Jack can come back, even if it’s to only play one match a week and that would be the tougher ones as he brings so much control and plays with authority.

Point gained, we were rotten.

Sheep best chances fell to the lowlife least likely to score them, considering the Ref as well it wasn't the worst result.

Performance was the worst since we beat Celtic at Ibrox.

We didn’t play well on Tuesday, whilst not happy at a draw we’ll take it under the circumstances – Clancy etc.

But let’s have a bit of perspective.

League results since Gio has taken over from 28th Nov.

Played 8 , won 7 drawn 1.

Goals for 15 against 2( only 1 from open play)

Who on here wouldn’t have taken this after the League cup debacle against Hibs?

The scum have the more difficult away fixtures to come, both us and them will drop points before the end of the season.

We will prevail, 56 will come to us, we have the best squad in the league.

Patience bears.
I agree. But it is a game of fine margins. And no one can predict if players missing through injury or international duty would have made a difference - against Aberdeen, or against future opponents. This will go to the wire and we should ALL be ready to back the team through thick and thin to get them over the line to 56.

It was just a very poor performance. It'll happen. Genuinely no point in trying to butter it up as anything else.

Just need a bit more from the players but Gio will still be getting used to the players as well as them getting used to him. Missing a very important player as well (granted we shouldn't be relying on individuals so much).

Not overly worried but it was simply a shit performance. Not helped by a rabid Celtic loving, Rangers hating arsehole of a ref.

No we didn’t play well,now the dust has settled how could we get anything going as every we put a few passes together one them fell over or kicked us with no free kick. Cobwebs and help of that cheat stopped us getting in any rhythm

Last edited:
We were poor. We had loads of players missing. The ref is a cheating bastard. A draw was a fair result. All of these things are true.

Games like that happen over a season. Don't try telling the modern football fan that though. Everything has to be analysed to death and catastrophised.
You’re right, but watching the video clip on another thread of Browns antics, and Clancy allowing them, is infuriating.

We were not a shambles, I just believe we played poorly. Aberdoom raised their game and adapted to the conditions better. Although we did not play well, apart from the penalty in the second half, I don't recall Shagger having to make a save.

It was a poor performance looked kinda rusty as before the momentum was with us but hopefully that has blown the cobwebs away and move on, my only concern is how many stupid yellow cards are we going to pick up that leads to suspensions because other night was shocking we miss kent for next league game when none of them were bookings, and if you look at the booking was all key players which was a coincidence
Tav's and Kent x 2 the other night were not stupid yellows/red though.

They were down to the corruption that riddles Scottish football like a Cancer and affects us more than anyone else. Or simply, just us.

Shutting up about it and not highlighting these 'honest mistakes' has in part led us to twhere we are.

But back to the OP. We might not be a shambles but if a key player like Aribo is out and others don't turn up we turn to mush. For instance, we had to bring Aribo on against Dundee Utd at Ibrox before the break because there simply was not enough guile on the park to break that crap down on that particular day. And remember, he wasn't picked because he was one booking away from missing what should have been the Ne'erday fixture. Which again is down to the Cancer that is Scottish referees and how they ref us.

Regards others stepping up to the plate? Hagi for instance might have the vision for a pass like few others at Ibrox, but he hasn't been at the races basically this season. That's simply not good enough. Wright, simply does not have that wee bit extra we require.

Alfie being called up for his country is a blow because of his physical strength, but he's another who has another who has blown hot and cold all season. We need a fit Roofe back, but he doesn't lead the line like Alfie.

The defence has steadied uder Gio no question but we are still far, too pedestrian and predicatble going forward and it's anyone's guess when we'll hit the sort of form we were hinting at before the break.

We didn’t play well on Tuesday, whilst not happy at a draw we’ll take it under the circumstances – Clancy etc.

The scum have the more difficult away fixtures to come, both us and them will drop points before the end of the season.

Patience bears.
The perspective is we dropped silly points in a game where the opposition were offering zero potency as a goal threat. Additionally we had managed to put ourselves in a winning position having started and played poorly making the dropped points seem all the more stupid. We now face games that seem straight forward on paper (Livi, RC) but have become far more pressurised and all Scottish Teams power up at the prospect of costing Rangers dearly so those in question will now feel much better off facing us rather than they would had we taken care of business Tuesday. The dropped points also make Celt!c less likely to do similar as they can see top spot coming into view. Not to mention the pressure on them to win at Parkhead, which wouldve played into our hands to a large extent, has been a little lessened.

None of the above is affected by what happened before Tuesday and while youre quite right in the listings of what you said the reality is thats all worthless if Rangers do anything similar to Tuesday again.

For all we may laugh at Celt!c's nonsense and the Scottish Media's attempts to talk them up, the reality is this title bid is too important and the closeness far more pronounced that last season for us to be repeating Tuesday's debacle.

Thats the perspective.

We were poor. We had loads of players missing. The ref is a cheating bastard. A draw was a fair result. All of these things are true.

Games like that happen over a season. Don't try telling the modern football fan that though. Everything has to be analysed to death and catastrophised.
I would say only by those who have a limited understanding of football or those with an agenda against our club.

The amount of bellends on this site that purport to be Rangers fans is hilarious, ‘shambles man’ falls into that category.

Patience bears.
Gio's record has been great so far but that does not excuse the performance or tactics hopefully we've learned from it and move on quickly.

Tav's and Kent x 2 the other night were not stupid yellows/red though.

They were down to the corruption that riddles Scottish football like a Cancer and affects us more than anyone else. Or simply, just us.

Shutting up about it and not highlighting these 'honest mistakes' has in part led us to twhere we are.

But back to the OP. We might not be a shambles but if a key player like Aribo is out and others don't turn up we turn to mush. For instance, we had to bring Aribo on against Dundee Utd at Ibrox before the break because there simply was not enough guile on the park to break that crap down on that particular day. And remember, he wasn't picked because he was one booking away from missing what should have been the Ne'erday fixture. Which again is down to the Cancer that is Scottish referees and how they ref us.

Regards others stepping up to the plate? Hagi for instance might have the vision for a pass like few others at Ibrox, but he hasn't been at the races basically this season. That's simply not good enough. Wright, simply does not have that wee bit extra we require.

Alfie being called up for his country is a blow because of his physical strength, but he's another who has another who has blown hot and cold all season. We need a fit Roofe back, but he doesn't lead the line like Alfie.

The defence has steadied uder Gio no question but we are still far, too pedestrian and predicatble going forward and it's anyone's guess when we'll hit the sort of form we were hinting at before the break.
I wasn't meaning stupid in sense of our players could have worded it a bit better, just feel we are not streetwise to these clowns and very passive, in relation to scott wright the boy does have pace to burn, and I wonder if maybe trying to get him a go in the number 10 role cos with his pace through the centre could terrorise central defenders and would open up space for others, i like the thought of front 4 like this
kent wright sakala
Morelos

Games like Tuesday remind you of the games we have struggled up there or dropped points. One of the most annoying was the 1-1 in Smith's first full year back. We were absolutely brilliant that night but just couldn't finish them off. McCulloch was also sent off that night.

The 1-1 draw as well the next season when Beasley scored an onside winner in the 92nd minute that was wrongly ruled offside. That was more frustrating for me as I was at the Reading festival that weekend and could only find a Celtic pub that was showing the game in the town centre, I was also at the festival with 3 mates who were all Celtic fans. I jumped out my seat and nearly hit the roof celebrating thinking we had won only to then to be ridiculed by the whole pub when it was disallowed B-D

Ordinarily a draw at Pittodrie is not the worst result we’ll have in a season, but the performance was so abject that it’s stirred fears we’re going to suffer another post winter break hangover as we did in Gerrard’s first two seasons.

Interestingly there was no shutdown last season.

I guess time will tell.

In my lifetime of watching Rangers - early1970's to date - Pittodrie has NEVER been an easy game.

On Tuesday, Aberdeen fought and pressed and CHEATED and never even managed a serious shot at goal beyond the super-soft penalty.

It's a cauldron of hate - like the Piggery - where we are always apt to get unjust red cards (I've lost count now) and anything we get from there is a bonus.

I know I switched our game off Tuesday there after they scored but watched sportscene highlights and the commentator said the same thing. Aberdeen fuukin hate us.

We are stinking on Tuesday and still got a point at one of our most difficult fixtures.

22 points from the last league 8 games….get 22 from the next 8 and the league is done!!

I am a glass half full type of guy!
Aberdeen is considered one of our toughest away fixtures of the season . Considering we played with7 full internationals ( Helander, Balogun, Jack , Aribo, Arfield , Davis & Roofe) all out for various reasons & had to play a 21year old on his debut & still finished the game undefeated , we can take confidence that when fully fit , we will take some stopping.
No other team has had this amount of players out ( some less & demanded games be moved ) , but their time will come . Our players are coming back & after their time out , will be bursting a gut to get in the starting 11 . Still 4 points clear & in my mind favourites for the rest of the season .

Moving the winter break altered both squads. We lost Aribo and Arfield they gained Brown and Ramsay for a start.

Aberdeen is considered one of our toughest away fixtures of the season . Considering we played with7 full internationals ( Helander, Balogun, Jack , Aribo, Arfield , Davis & Roofe) all out for various reasons & had to play a 21year old on his debut & still finished the game undefeated , we can take confidence that when fully fit , we will take some stopping.
No other team has had this amount of players out ( some less & demanded games be moved ) , but their time will come . Our players are coming back & after their time out , will be bursting a gut to get in the starting 11 . Still 4 points clear & in my mind favourites for the rest of the season .
Exactly this. Bad night on Tuesday but all things considered there is no reason for some of the doom and gloom on here.

Back