Now that we're out, is it a good thing that the filth scraped through?

archimedes

Obviously I never want them to succeed at anything, but could it benefit us in the league if they are having to play Thursday night games?

There is zero chance of them winning the competition, so I'm not worried about that at all, but surely it can only help our league chances with them having to play extra games and us having a break now?

A couple of decent signings in January, and i think we can push them all the way....

No, firstly they will get more money. Plenty of time until their next match. Not sure who they can draw but hopefully not a prestigious battle of Britain.
Secondly, it could inspire them, as we did not qualify. I am in the camp of always wanting them never to progress in anything.

More than likely they will only have two more Thursday night games. Not sure it will make that much difference to a league race. Obvious down side is they now pick up extra couple of mill for making last 32.

Depends on who they play after these games ?

We’d have had more to spend in January imo had he gone through, so no.

The scums qualification shows what you get if you take points from the teams you should, Spartak were shit, we could have easy had 6 off them and qualified at a canter

Could never bring myself to say it is a good thing if they have success!!

They've lost to Hearts, Kilmarnock and drew with Livingstone after Europe.

They've dropped points in only 3 or 4 other matches so surely Europe must have an effect?

Hopefully they get a team in Ukraine or Russia and have tough games after.

There's some beatable teams possible for the vermin to draw in the next round (Genk, Zagreb, Kiev) ... but more likely they will get a hammering from the likes of a Napoli, Sevilla, Chelsea or Inter.

Could be doing without them getting the money not just in terms of prize money but also gate receipts etc

I think it's a positive even if it is only 2 games. IF they have a long travel then have a hard game on the Sunday and drop points it will still help us, but we will need to make sure we get the points on the board.

On course it’s not a positive, it’s the complete opposite, they were desperate to stay in Europe as were we, it’s also an extra few million for them.

If theres to be another positive out of the Scum getting through it will be another humiliation in Europe.
Salzburg could have scored 7 and i didnt even know one of their players.
I was watching sky sports at half time report,sitting dejected.
Cheer leader Walker said ceptic cant get the ball and wee nae neck put one shot across the goal in the first 45.
So i thought i will have a wee peep.
It was a training session for Salzburg and it was nice to see that big tadger Gordon being shown up for what he really is.
Any decent team can show the scum up and thats what will happen in their next round.

Without ever wanting them to do well, them having an extra 2 games to play could be the difference between them picking up 1 or 3 points in the succeeding games or 6 points if they didn’t play European football.

Look at our results post playing on a Thursday.

Play Osijek, draw with Aberdeen.
Play Ufa, draw with Motherwell.
Play Ufa, lose to Scum.
Play Spartak, lose to Sheep.

As the season wears on fatigue really hits hard. Now if the Scum aren’t strengthening their squad, then having these extra games can play all the difference in them dropping league points. I think we are counting the cost domestically of having played so many European ties.

Number 1 is that Rangers have to look after Rangers. Europe is over so there needs to be a real push donestically now.

But playing these extra games can’t be underestimated, as we’ve found out.

No, they will likely only get another 2 games to impact on their season and get a payout for qualifying. Would have been better for us if they just went out as well.

Of course not. They will only have another two games and it could well be a “glamour tie”. Advancing will net them another couple of million and the games will not be till February. If we don’t sort our lack of creativity in the window then they could be well clear by that point anyway.

It depends on what fixtures the 2 games are sandwiched in between.

The only way it really benifits us is if we're neck and neck and we get to play first and put pressure on them, can't see that happening im afraid.

I think it's a positive even if it is only 2 games. IF they have a long travel then have a hard game on the Sunday and drop points it will still help us, but we will need to make sure we get the points on the board.

Mind boggling that some rangers fans think like this .

In qualifying for the last 32 , Celtic pick up an extra €1 million euros , in top of whatever ticket sales for their next match .

They will get a greater share of the market pool because of their better performance not to mention more co efficient points which will make future European qualification campaigns easier .

They don’t play again in Europe till February so they can fully concentrate on domestic matters until then .

There’s no positives for us in Celtic being successful ffs

Can't see the benefit to be honest,if is was another group stage then fatigue would be a big factor then. They will draw a big club and glam up the ties. Still a thrashing on the cards for them.

f uck me the slime getting more money could be a good thing no chance, doesnt matter who they face next they will get pumped, they are not that good, which pisses me off even more that they actually got out of the group

have another look at the home game against Spartak the missed sitters are unbelievable, easy to score against murderwell of course

Can’t agree at all OP, they will make an extra couple of million, we desperately need the cash and won’t get that £2nillion, it makes the already large financial gap between us even bigger.

More than likely they will only have two more Thursday night games. Not sure it will make that much difference to a league race. Obvious down side is they now pick up extra couple of mill for making last 32.
This. I would always want them out ASAP. The money they will get outweighs the ‘burden,’ of any extra games.

There's some beatable teams possible for the vermin to draw in the next round (Genk, Zagreb, Kiev) ... but more likely they will get a hammering from the likes of a Napoli, Sevilla, Chelsea or Inter.

Could be doing without them getting the money not just in terms of prize money but also gate receipts etc
Chelsea would be nice. Get their arse handed to them on and off the field. That’s probably their nightmare draw. Are Their old friends Legia Warsaw kicking about?

The thing that winds me up more about them qualifying is that they only needed a point and failed to get the result they needed, and have advanced based on Leipzig conceding a late equaliser. If you listen to any of them talk about it, you'd think they were world beaters but got let off the hook.

The thing that winds me up more about them qualifying is that they only needed a point and failed to get the result they needed, and have advanced based on Leipzig conceding a late equaliser. If you listen to any of them talk about it, you'd think they were world beaters but got let off the hook.
That's as maybe but through is through, doesn't matter how you do it. That time we got through against Inter, we were relying on Artmedia not winning and late doors they had a goal bound effort get stuck in the mud.

Two televised European games, possibly against a high profile side so wide European exposure for their club and players.

A decent amount in prize money, ticket sales etc.

Pundits talking garbage about them flying the flag in Europe for Scotland.

No, its not a good thing.

Back