Null and void when it suits them

bearspakora

18 / 10 / 1975

That mob were losing 0-2 to Hibs at home with only 5 minutes left. A fog descended on the pitch and the ref immediately abandoned the game. Was sporting integrity upheld and Hibs declared winners as the majority of the match had been played. ? Nope. The game was declared null and void, and that mob were more than happy with the outcome .

Last edited:
Against all my better self advice I’m listening to bbc Scotland. Not one of the contributors is suggesting that this season is voided. All appear in favour of their club of choice being awarded the league.

Packy B, Willie Miller, Daryl Hannah, Dick Gordon and I think Dung (he started to ramble so not sure). Derek Ferguson non committal, clearly hedging his bets and ensuring he is asked back.

All expect a league extension, completely ignoring the fact that players are human too and will get this virus.

Against all my better self advice I’m listening to bbc Scotland. Not one of the contributors is suggesting that this season is voided. All appear in favour of their club of choice being awarded the league.

Packy B, Willie Miller, Daryl Hannah, Dick Gordon and I think Dung (he started to ramble so not sure). Derek Ferguson non committal, clearly hedging his bets and ensuring he is asked back.

All expect a league extension, completely ignoring the fact that players are human too and will get this virus.

The SPFL, or SPL as it was known back then in 2008, gave us a League extension of 4 days. We should agree to that exact same 4 day time period, then unilaterally withdraw from the League for this season. The SPL set their own precedent back then.

18 / 10 / 1975

That mob were losing 0-2 to Hibs at home with only 5 minutes left. A fog descended on the pitch and the ref immediately abandoned the game. Was sporting integrity upheld and Hibs declared winners of the match ? Nope. The game was declared null and void,
and that mob were happy with the outcome .

I think they invaded the pitch and hold up the game too...

Well done digging that one out;)

The current warped scum logic is that because a majority of the League programme has been completed, then they should naturally be awarded the title, despite being able to be caught. They didn't hold the same view that day when the majority of the Hibs game had been played, with only 5 minutes remaining.

I think they invaded the pitch and hold up the game too...
You are correct.... if there was no pitch invasion the match would have been completed before the fog enveloped the piggery. The replayed game was drawn 1-1, but thankfully even this was not enough to stop us winning the league

Fr9jyjX.gif

Is there a magic points totall that decides this outcome or is it just games played,its a non starter and the Club should say so if this mob keep perusing it.

If a competition cannot be completed then it is void. It really is that simple.

And yes, hand on heart, I would be saying exactly the same thing if we were top of the league.

Unlike the Mhanks, we should want to win things the proper way.

If the SPFL allow an extension to the League this season, then it should be exactly for what they gave us back in 2008, and that would be a maximum of four days. There can be no deviation from their own rules.

They will make it up as it goes on,but let there be know doubt, they will find a way to award them the league,,,sporting integrity, fairness,,down right common sense won't come into it,,,,wee krankie and the fat Japanese will ensure this,,

Used to play golf, and from memory, you could play in the medal on the morning and post a great score. Then, during the afternoon, if lightning occurred or the hole was surrounded by water then the whole competition was abandoned, and your score was considered null and void. Unfortunate for you but this was accepted by all.

That day we were losing at Motherwell. All the goals were scored at the opposite end from me ( goals were scored where the big stand is now). Couldnt see any of them.
But the game finished.

18 / 10 / 1975

That mob were losing 0-2 to Hibs at home with only 5 minutes left. A fog descended on the pitch and the ref immediately abandoned the game. Was sporting integrity upheld and Hibs declared winners as the majority of the match had been played. ? Nope. The game was declared null and void, and that mob were more than happy with the outcome .
Disco lights and fog machines

What did you expect from that mhob

If a competition cannot be completed then it is void. It really is that simple.

And yes, hand on heart, I would be saying exactly the same thing if we were top of the league.

Unlike the Mhanks, we should want to win things the proper way.

Of course we want to win things the proper way but does anyone think those shameless rats would be saying hand Rangers the title if the positions were reversed? These fux poured over a rule book after getting horsed 6-1 on aggregate and stole Legia Warsaw’s place in the champions league group stage. Just another example of how disgusting this mob truly are.

18 / 10 / 1975

So who won the league that year, too lazy to google

British when it suits them too. They want nothing to do with England, they hate them yet Lennon discusses and wants to compare Liverpool's position at top of the EPL.

Hey Lennon compare and contrast Penn State you hypocrite. Lives matter remember.

Last edited:
18 / 10 / 1975

Good find!
I'm going to use that!

would they just hand us the title?

would they %^*&

%^*& them and our Board better be prepared to speak up about it

no way if thins where other way around they would agree to us being handed it not in a Million years

I’ve said it on other threads.
Null and void is the only option imo.
Too many problems if not.
The reality is there are massive problems with that also. Who play in Europe next season, what happens with relegation, do Dundee United stay down, how is prize money divied, do the TV companies claw back money, do sponsors cut back on money.
The entire situation is a massive disaster .

I imagine Tuesday's Uefa meeting will give us an indication of what will happen.

Its typical of the Tims to go on bleating about their interests. A bit of humility and they might have considered smaller teams, businesses and god forbid they actually consider lives in front of their 'me,me,me' agenda.
Lowest of the low.

The reality is there are massive problems with that also. Who play in Europe next season, what happens with relegation, do Dundee United stay down, how is prize money divied, do the TV companies claw back money, do sponsors cut back on money.
The entire situation is a massive disaster .

I imagine Tuesday's Uefa meeting will give us an indication of what will happen.
Totally agree with you but I think the null and void option has less court case potential.

If the SPFL are really determined to award a title, surely the only way to do this fairly is to remove the results of the 3rd round of fixtures, this would remove any imbalance of the fixtures played. Each team would have the result from their first home and first away game against each team, I wonder who would be champions then?

18 / 10 / 1975

A club like no other

British when it suits them too. They want nothing to do with England, they hate them yet Lennon discusses and wants to compare Liverpool's position at top of the EPL.
They say they are not British but then tell everyone they were the first British team to win the European Cup.
Hey Lennon compare and contrast Penn State you hypocrite. Lives matter remember.

Back