Null and void when it suits them

18 / 10 / 1975

That mob were losing 0-2 to Hibs at home with only 5 minutes left. A fog descended on the pitch and the ref immediately abandoned the game. Was sporting integrity upheld and Hibs declared winners as the majority of the match had been played. ? Nope. The game was declared null and void, and that mob were more than happy with the outcome .

Karma is a beautiful thing brother. :)

If the SPFL are really determined to award a title, surely the only way to do this fairly is to remove the results of the 3rd round of fixtures, this would remove any imbalance of the fixtures played. Each team would have the result from their first home and first away game against each team, I wonder who would be champions then?

We've not played St Johnstone at Ibrox this season yet.

If a League game is correctly declared null and void by the SPFL due to abandonment, the same rule should apply to a League being abandoned and not completed. Anything else is absurd.

Reactions: blu
The SPFL, or SPL as it was known back then in 2008, gave us a League extension of 4 days. We should agree to that exact same 4 day time period, then unilaterally withdraw from the League for this season. The SPL set their own precedent back then.

Never ever forget this.
Only when it suits.
%^*& them, I wouldn’t agree to any extension if I’m being honest.
Give them nothing.
the SFA/SPFL will bend over anyway, so we should make our position clear. NO to an extension. Give them nothing.

Never Forget 2008.

Never ever forget this.
Only when it suits.
%^*& them, I wouldn’t agree to any extension if I’m being honest.
Give them nothing.
the SFA/SPFL will bend over anyway, so we should make our position clear. NO to an extension. Give them nothing.

Never Forget 2008.
Reading that, the “engineered collapse” as I recently called the end to that season by us on another thread, was actually worse than I thought.

Reading that, the “engineered collapse” as I called the end to that season by us, was actually worse than I thought.
Those scum didn’t care about anything else apart from them, and the sfa didn’t help whatsoever. As Walter said, the sfa help celtic with every request, that year but shafted us didn’t hide it either.
so if the sfa does ask clubs about extending or even remotely helping those enabling bastards, we should say no to any help.

Those scum didn’t care about anything else apart from them, and the sfa didn’t help whatsoever. As Walter said, the sfa help celtic with every request, that year but shafted us didn’t hide it either.
so if the sfa does ask clubs about extending or even remotely helping those enabling bastards, we should say no to any help.
That’s the bit I’d forgotten, their manipulation of the fixture list in particular.
Other than the PoD postponement of course.

From Celticwiki
Review
With Hibs deservedly leading through two fine goals thick fog descended on Parkhead. With only five minutes left referee Davidson abandoned the game much to the disgust of Hibs' manager Eddie Turnbull who fumed 'There is no way Celtic would have won that game'.
SFA referees' supervisor Jack Mowat backed Davidson by saying that he had acted correctly by stopping the game.

Sadly the game was marred by an invasion of fans from the Jungle who took advantage of the fog to run on the field.

The Celtic fans in the 33,000 cheered loudly as the game was abandoned but Hibs were left nursing a sense of injustice.

From Celticwiki
Review
With Hibs deservedly leading through two fine goals thick fog descended on Parkhead. With only five minutes left referee Davidson abandoned the game much to the disgust of Hibs' manager Eddie Turnbull who fumed 'There is no way Celtic would have won that game'.
SFA referees' supervisor Jack Mowat backed Davidson by saying that he had acted correctly by stopping the game.

Sadly the game was marred by an invasion of fans from the Jungle who took advantage of the fog to run on the field.

The Celtic fans in the 33,000 cheered loudly as the game was abandoned but Hibs were left nursing a sense of injustice.

They've always been hypocritical scum.

I’ve said it on other threads.
Null and void is the only option imo.
Too many problems if not.
I think all leagues will be played to a finish & they won’t care when they start back up. No league will be declared void. Only my opinion.

18 / 10 / 1975

That mob were losing 0-2 to Hibs at home with only 5 minutes left. A fog descended on the pitch and the ref immediately abandoned the game. Was sporting integrity upheld and Hibs declared winners as the majority of the match had been played. ? Nope. The game was declared null and void, and that mob were more than happy with the outcome .
Spot on. In any other country their jaw dropping hypocrisy and blatant self-interest would be called out for the shameful behaviour it is. Not in Scotland though.

Is there a magic points totall that decides this outcome or is it just games played,its a non starter and the Club should say so if this mob keep perusing it.
I hope our club is taking the off time to find all the evidence and precedents they can to develop a strong case against these bastards. Scottish football outs absolutely corrupt to the core. They are an embarrassment in world wide football stage. To think that rat Liewell can get away with saying, there will be consequences if we don't win this speaks volumes. Only a man in control could say such a thing knowing he will not be punished.

To think that rat Liewell can get away with saying, there will be consequences if we don't win this speaks volumes. Only a man in control could say such a thing knowing he will not be punished.
His fear is the rhabids will be demanding season ticket refunds when the correct decision of NULL AND VOID is reached. If they don't get refunds they'll refuse to renew for next season. Glorious meltdown ensues. :)

National ice Hockey League has announced there will be no champion this season..
And they are a long way into that season.
As the days go by , this whole situation just gets worst. And against Celtic's pathetic out pourings just get worse.

His fear is the rhabids will be demanding season ticket refunds when the correct decision of NULL AND VOID is reached. If they don't get refunds they'll refuse to renew for next season. Glorious meltdown ensues. :)
This will be telling financially. What a dream come true, 9iar smashed and then money troubles. They have a massive wage bill for Scottish football.

Against all my better self advice I’m listening to bbc Scotland. Not one of the contributors is suggesting that this season is voided. All appear in favour of their club of choice being awarded the league.

Packy B, Willie Miller, Daryl Hannah, Dick Gordon and I think Dung (he started to ramble so not sure). Derek Ferguson non committal, clearly hedging his bets and ensuring he is asked back

Are they still talking about this? Talk about an agenda, absolute cretins that Sportsound team

Integrity fc . They’ve surpassed themselves this time while the world grinds to a halt . No shame .

No matter what happens this will end up with lawyers. We look to be rightly standing our ground as are hearts. Celtic don’t get their way and they will push it to the courts too.
Scottish football will be all over the shop next year

No matter what happens this will end up with lawyers. We look to be rightly standing our ground as are hearts. Celtic don’t get their way and they will push it to the courts too.

No team in the top flight in Scottish football has ever been declared champions or winners of a League programme that hasn't been completed. If the SPFL does exactly that by awarding the title to that mob, then individual games where one side is winning which are then abandoned, the result could then stand, which will cause mayhem and a dangerous precedent set in stone.

1584825422picsay1584825458.jpg

6txc0ie1584825565.jpg

this is why i keep saying, they will try and do what the english are doing and play the games, the SFA/SPFL couldnt deal with the shit hitting the fan if they hand them the title or null and void it

this is why i keep saying, they will try and do what the english are doing and play the games, the SFA/SPFL couldnt deal with the shit hitting the fan if they hand them the title or null and void it

This League programme won't be completed, mate.

That’s the bit I’d forgotten, their manipulation of the fixture list in particular.
Other than the PoD postponement of course.
Well there is an awful truth which nobody has brought up as yet- I don't think. I don't want to type it- but think about that last line.

Against all my better self advice I’m listening to bbc Scotland. Not one of the contributors is suggesting that this season is voided. All appear in favour of their club of choice being awarded the league.

Packy B, Willie Miller, Daryl Hannah, Dick Gordon and I think Dung (he started to ramble so not sure). Derek Ferguson non committal, clearly hedging his bets and ensuring he is asked back.

All expect a league extension, completely ignoring the fact that players are human too and will get this virus.
Remember Stewart Regan wanted the youths to finish the season off!.He must think youths are immune to covid 19 the stupid c**t!!.

"The Hibernian delegation went on to demand that the points be awarded their club’s way. However, it wasn’t to be. The view taken by the Scottish League was that awarding the points would be an entirely presumptuous position to take, as Celtic could theoretically have equalised in the short time that remained"

"The Hibernian delegation went on to demand that the points be awarded their club’s way. However, it wasn’t to be. The view taken by the Scottish League was that awarding the points would be an entirely presumptuous position to take, as Celtic could theoretically have equalised in the short time that remained"

Yep, two goals could have been scored in 5 minutes, but this league lead has no chance of being over turned ?

Only justifiable if you’re a club like no other.

I think the Hibs game is a good precedent, points not awarded on supposed sporting merit, doing the right thing, whatever else they conjure when it suits them, to make it sound fair - but the SFA/SPFL will no doubt drop another clanger here

Back