Numan Instagram - Personal Video Messages From Ex Players

norm1890

I was thinking about starting a thread in the lounge about this, I keep getting adverts on my Facebook for this with various "celebrities" and was wondering if many people actually used it.

I think I'll be quite sad now if now, my Wife, now, didn't get me, now, a video of Ian Durrant, now, saying Merry Xmas to me, now.
I thought of Toyah one but she is not wearing as well as I had hoped. Her videos with Robert Fripp are nuts though. Somewhat off theme but there we are.

Gee

It wasnt the few players mentioned , the reply i said was to All players post souness 86.
I am not privvy to Wallaces wages/bank account, and neither are you.
Its a guess.
And an educated one. Do you think that if Kevin Kyle was on £7k then our captain would be on less

Kilsyth Unionist

And an educated one. Do you think that if Kevin Kyle was on £7k then our captain would be on less
Dont know mate but your not getting my reply to the other reply.
Which is not all players made a fortune and spent it wisely to enable total retirement.
I wonder what the likes of stuart munro was on pre and post souness.
Think John Mclelland left Rangers in 84 on £300 a week .
Munro i think arrived in 84 at a cost of approx 25k from alloa.

Kilsyth Unionist

Ally bought dross and paid way over the market value in wages.
He brung expierence after 2012 and thought they would sail through it imo.
It was the lazy option.

Reactions: Gee

Gee

Dont know mate but your not getting my reply to the other reply.
Which is not all players made a fortune and spent it wisely to enable total retirement.
I wonder what the likes of stuart munro was on pre and post souness.
Think John Mclelland left Rangers in 84 on £300 a week .
Munro i think arrived in 84 at a cost of approx 25k from alloa.
I get where your coming from but Stuart was a qualified Instrument Tech to trade and was earning a very decent wage at Grangemouth before signing for us he wasn’t on a fortune with us as were none of the players then but still at least doubled his wage

Growing up my neighbour was Bobby Lennox he was a Lisbon lion and a Scottish international my dad was very friendly with him and told me that at that time Bobby was on £200 a week my dad a mechanical engineer in ICI was on £35 6xless ! These guys weren’t poor and earned great money in their time albeit not on the scale of the guys playing now

BlueFlagHigh

Numan done one recently which was for a Paisley Bear who is currently really unwell and he made it really personal, mentioning his illness and his families names etc.
He certainly wasn't just reading from a standard script for that one.
Must have perked the lad up a bit just seeing that alone.

Again it's a bit like the Castore thread - if you don't want to pay for this service, don't.
If you do, go for it.
This is the type of message that should be encouraged and is always a tear jerker because it means something to the recipient .

I just feel if these former players are cashing in like this, then half the money should be going to erskine or suchlike . That way I’d consider it to be acceptable and at least have meaning .

MarkWalters11

each to their own but i think these messages should be for the very sick and needy.
They are probably very wealthy guys so you would think a tenner here and there would not make a difference to their bank balance.

a_weir

Wonder how much they’ll charge for that

I recall that mental guy Wagner charging £30 for a 10-15 second video :D

Amoruso is already charging £20 for a video message on another site. It’s quite a popular thing and I think the market leader is called Cameo

a_weir

each to their own but i think these messages should be for the very sick and needy.
They are probably very wealthy guys so you would think a tenner here and there would not make a difference to their bank balance.

I mean, obviously not if they’re doing it.

Kilsyth Unionist

I get where your coming from but Stuart was a qualified Instrument Tech to trade and was earning a very decent wage at Grangemouth before signing for us he wasn’t on a fortune with us as were none of the players then but still at least doubled his wage

Growing up my neighbour was Bobby Lennox he was a Lisbon lion and a Scottish international my dad was very friendly with him and told me that at that time Bobby was on £200 a week my dad a mechanical engineer in ICI was on £35 6xless ! These guys weren’t poor and earned great money in their time albeit not on the scale of the guys playing now
Aye your right.
Remember a few years ago lifting a carpet and there was a newspaper with houses for sale under it.
Dated early 70s, “ John Lawrence “ houses in Bearsden were getting sold for 10k.
Be 400k now or thereabouts.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Are you kidding???
None of the players mentioned were on poor wages all were on north of £10k and most of them north of £20k a week all of them bar none are millionaires !!

Lee Wallace was also earning at least £10k a week while with us and what do you mean still playing? He is only in early 30s and playing at a very high level

I have never read so much rubbish as your post
You never read any of your posts on Cedric Itten threads?

VivaGraemeMurty

Numan won't be "very wealthy"

Comfortable, but not a multi millionaire.

ShieldsBear

When I worked for Sunderland football club, I took a supporter into the stadium after one of our games so he could ask the players to record a quick message for his son's Bar mitzvah. Maybe they should have charged. :))

They all happily obliged mind including Jon McLaughlin who was a class act every time I asked him to do something for us.

Langland

Cameo makes a lot of money for almost zero work. I can see why they're doing this. Great for the fans if cost effective, too. I'd pay £30 for a message from a member of the DA team for my Dad, were he with us.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Christ some fans really are self entitled perma-whingers.

Why do it for free when it’ll just invite thousands of requests they’ll likely be unable to fulfil with most of them probably from taigs trying to trick them into offering well wishes to members of the IRA etc etc. I’m sure if bears are sickly some of them would happily do it for nothing. But the token “happy birthday Tam, wishing you a happy 40th” type stuff? Well I have no idea why they should do that sort of thing for free. At the end of the day it’s like Castore, they offer a service, if you don’t like it you can look the other way and get on with your life.

Robert Marshall

I had a request from a lad in Ulster a couple of years ago about a fan who had a serious illness.
He asked if I could get a player to send him a Birthday wish on a video.
Numan, Albertz, Amo Goughie, Davie Weir, Andy Gray, Alex Rae, and Derek Johnstone were amongst the ones who freely did it and it was not a 'Happy Birthday' only, they took time to do it.
I'm told that Graeme Souness's message brought tears to his eyes.
These guys are different class and I think it's a great idea for them to do it
How good would that be for a kid to wake up on Christmas Day and have a message from one of them?
No one is forced to pay them

Orange Peel

I’ve nothing against people making a living . Having said that unless this type of thing is with the money going to charity , it seems a bit off . If you played for Rangers in the modern day era , certainly post 1986, you should have earned enough to take you through life without having to work . Does anyone know if this is for charity ? Same with the gin thing recently .
Why would it be for charity?
People have to make a living. Like the gin and all the various products from Castore, it is personal choice whether you buy it or not.
Between this and advising against eating the double big mac cause you'll put weight on, jeezo.
Mr posifuckingtive.

Orange Peel

Are you kidding???
None of the players mentioned were on poor wages all were on north of £10k and most of them north of £20k a week all of them bar none are millionaires !!

Lee Wallace was also earning at least £10k a week while with us and what do you mean still playing? He is only in early 30s and playing at a very high level

You should have read yours then...

TibbsyBear

Are you kidding???

So because a guy earned good money for 15-20 years as soon as his football career is over he’s no longer allowed to earn a wage?

I guess Amazon and Apple have made a good bit of coin now so should probably go not for profit.

magnus

Ally bought dross and paid way over the market value in wages.
He brung expierence after 2012 and thought they would sail through it imo.
It was the lazy option.
Ally played with the Hans he was dealt. He was forced to work with players who should never have been near Ibrox due to spivs, and conmen.

BlueFlagHigh

Why would it be for charity?
People have to make a living. Like the gin and all the various products from Castore, it is personal choice whether you buy it or not.
Between this and advising against eating the double big mac cause you'll put weight on, jeezo.
Mr posifuckingtive.
I never said it should all go to charity , but perhaps 50% to Erskine or similar . That way as a fan you know it’s not just a quick buck being made by the player and it brings some meaning at least to the message . The difference between a player doing a heartfelt personal message to someone with an illness is night and day to some generic message read out because you bunged someone £30 . Imagine for example your kid gets a message from Amoruso , he’s buzzing “how does he know who I am dad “? You need to explain he doesn’t son he just takes payment from any Tom dick or Harry and reads out whatever you tell him to , it’s all about cash is king . What a message that is for a kid . Not for me but each to their own I suppose .

macdonut

For a bit of a laugh, I paid £80 recently on Cameo for a video message from Meat Loaf for my wife. Couple of days later he sent a 20 minute video where he was singing and telling stories. Fair play to him for effort and the very personal message. Went from that bit of a laugh to the best £80 I’ve ever spent.

Hopefully the Rangers guys will make sure they give good value for whatever they charge.

change consent