Numan Instagram - Personal Video Messages From Ex Players

I’ve nothing against people making a living . Having said that unless this type of thing is with the money going to charity , it seems a bit off . If you played for rangers in the modern day era , certainly post 1986, you should have earned enough to take you through life without having to work . Does anyone know if this is for charity ? Same with the gin thing recently .

I’ve nothing against people making a living . Having said that unless this type of thing is with the money going to charity , it seems a bit off . If you played for Rangers in the modern day era , certainly post 1986, you should have earned enough to take you through life without having to work . Does anyone know if this is for charity ? Same with the gin thing recently .
Not really sure why it would be for charity mate?
It's work, it's a commonplace thing now. Same as all this twitch and stuff that makes no real sense to me but if people want to pay I don't see the harm.

I was thinking about starting a thread in the lounge about this, I keep getting adverts on my Facebook for this with various "celebrities" and was wondering if many people actually used it.

I think I'll be quite sad now if now, my Wife, now, didn't get me, now, a video of Ian Durrant, now, saying Merry Xmas to me, now.

Not really sure why it would be for charity mate?
It's work, it's a commonplace thing now. Same as all this twitch and stuff that makes no real sense to me but if people want to pay I don't see the harm.
I think it would be cool to get a message but tarnished by the fact people you love had to pay for it and that they are only doing it for money . Personal thing I suppose .

Is that not what every company/person does?
What I mean is it’s hardly a personal message of the celebrity is just reading it from a script and replacing “ Dave “ with “ Andy “ etc .

To me these messages are personal when they are delivered from a player or celeb who have been told someone’s story and are affected by it , like an unwell kid or something . It’s so genuine and can lift the spirits .

Each to their own but paying for a generic message is not for me.

I’ve nothing against people making a living . Having said that unless this type of thing is with the money going to charity , it seems a bit off . If you played for Rangers in the modern day era , certainly post 1986, you should have earned enough to take you through life without having to work . Does anyone know if this is for charity ? Same with the gin thing recently .
Some have squandered the money and some have made bad investments.
Wages for 6 years or so would have been poor, hence the likes of Wallace still playing.
Even mortgage free , you still need to live.

What I mean is it’s hardly a personal message of the celebrity is just reading it from a script and replacing “ Dave “ with “ Andy “ etc .

To me these messages are personal when they are delivered from a player or celeb who have been told someone’s story and are affected by it , like an unwell kid or something . It’s so genuine and can lift the spirits .

Get what you mean it’s not for me also in all honesty, seems a bit pointless but suppose others will see different

On average 40% of footballers go bankrupt, I see no harm in them earning money on the side.

I see this as a shrewd move, especially during the pandemic. Good Luck to them!

Generic? you obviously don't recall Wagner singing Dundee United's going down..down :p

I always imagine these messages from ex players are special and usually reserved for special occasions, like someone that's maybe really sick.
When thousands of people are getting them just by paying it wouldn't be the same.
This is the point I was trying to make .

You’ve put it better than I did

I got a video message from rikishi the wrestler for my brother in laws birthday as a wind up. cost me £80 but was funny as hell :)

The one that was all over Twitter a few years ago of Kurt Angle wishing someone a happy birthday and to have a patsy on him was too funny hahaha.

Numan done one recently which was for a Paisley Bear who is currently really unwell and he made it really personal, mentioning his illness and his families names etc.
He certainly wasn't just reading from a standard script for that one.
Must have perked the lad up a bit just seeing that alone.

Again it's a bit like the Castore thread - if you don't want to pay for this service, don't.
If you do, go for it.

Some have squandered the money and some have made bad investments.
Wages for 6 years or so would have been poor, hence the likes of Wallace still playing.
Even mortgage free , you still need to live.
Are you kidding???
None of the players mentioned were on poor wages all were on north of £10k and most of them north of £20k a week all of them bar none are millionaires !!

Lee Wallace was also earning at least £10k a week while with us and what do you mean still playing? He is only in early 30s and playing at a very high level

I have never read so much rubbish as your post

It’s freedom of choice, if you don’t want to pay don’t bother. If someone thinks it’s a great present then fair enough. What’s wrong with ex players trying to earn cash?

Are you kidding???
None of the players mentioned were on poor wages all were on north of £10k and most of them north of £20k a week all of them bar none are millionaires !!

Lee Wallace was also earning at least £10k a week while with us and what do you mean still playing? He is only in early 30s and playing at a very high level

Are you kidding???

It wasnt the few players mentioned , the reply i said was to All players post souness 86.
I am not privvy to Wallaces wages/bank account, and neither are you.
Its a guess.

Are you kidding???

as said, if Ex players want to open a new business that you don’t like then don’t buy anything

Business is business and these guys are free to earn what/how they want.

But there's a reason fans generally expect testimonial money to go to charity these days. The players are paid handsomely through the money we give to the club, and the general expectation is that it now sets them up. It feels a bit like they're exploiting the fame we gave them to extract more cash - it's a business based purely on our love of our club and the players. Not for me.

Are you kidding???

The guy said “ if you have played for Rangers in the modern era post 86 you should be well off”
I just disagreed that not everybody was making a fortune and some have made bad investments. Like wee barry who is bankrupt.
How much did he make , tranfers , wages. A lot more than Wallace.

I was thinking about starting a thread in the lounge about this, I keep getting adverts on my Facebook for this with various "celebrities" and was wondering if many people actually used it.

I think I'll be quite sad now if now, my Wife, now, didn't get me, now, a video of Ian Durrant, now, saying Merry Xmas to me, now.
I thought of Toyah one but she is not wearing as well as I had hoped. Her videos with Robert Fripp are nuts though. Somewhat off theme but there we are.

It wasnt the few players mentioned , the reply i said was to All players post souness 86.
I am not privvy to Wallaces wages/bank account, and neither are you.
Its a guess.
And an educated one. Do you think that if Kevin Kyle was on £7k then our captain would be on less

And an educated one. Do you think that if Kevin Kyle was on £7k then our captain would be on less
Dont know mate but your not getting my reply to the other reply.
Which is not all players made a fortune and spent it wisely to enable total retirement.
I wonder what the likes of stuart munro was on pre and post souness.
Think John Mclelland left Rangers in 84 on £300 a week .
Munro i think arrived in 84 at a cost of approx 25k from alloa.

Ally bought dross and paid way over the market value in wages.
He brung expierence after 2012 and thought they would sail through it imo.
It was the lazy option.

Reactions: Gee
Dont know mate but your not getting my reply to the other reply.
Which is not all players made a fortune and spent it wisely to enable total retirement.
I wonder what the likes of stuart munro was on pre and post souness.
Think John Mclelland left Rangers in 84 on £300 a week .
Munro i think arrived in 84 at a cost of approx 25k from alloa.
I get where your coming from but Stuart was a qualified Instrument Tech to trade and was earning a very decent wage at Grangemouth before signing for us he wasn’t on a fortune with us as were none of the players then but still at least doubled his wage

Growing up my neighbour was Bobby Lennox he was a Lisbon lion and a Scottish international my dad was very friendly with him and told me that at that time Bobby was on £200 a week my dad a mechanical engineer in ICI was on £35 6xless ! These guys weren’t poor and earned great money in their time albeit not on the scale of the guys playing now

Numan done one recently which was for a Paisley Bear who is currently really unwell and he made it really personal, mentioning his illness and his families names etc.
He certainly wasn't just reading from a standard script for that one.
Must have perked the lad up a bit just seeing that alone.

Again it's a bit like the Castore thread - if you don't want to pay for this service, don't.
If you do, go for it.
This is the type of message that should be encouraged and is always a tear jerker because it means something to the recipient .

I just feel if these former players are cashing in like this, then half the money should be going to erskine or suchlike . That way I’d consider it to be acceptable and at least have meaning .

Back