Nuno Espírito Santo admits spurs ignore heading advice in training

Part of me would be curious to see what the game would look like if they brought in new rules to stamp out heading (ball not allowed to go over chest height, indirect FK if you launch it).

It's certainly not what I want to see, but it would be fascinating to see how teams would adapt. Genuinely think the first season it was introduced both us and that lot would have a 100% record against the rest.

Part of me would be curious to see what the game would look like if they brought in new rules to stamp out heading (ball not allowed to go over chest height, indirect FK if you launch it).

It's certainly not what I want to see, but it would be fascinating to see how teams would adapt. Genuinely think the first season it was introduced both us and that lot would have a 100% record against the rest.
We would tear every team in Scotland to shreds

We would tear every team in Scotland to shreds

Yep. Tbf in most leagues it would follow a similar pattern.

If Fifa/Uefa have any designs to do it they'll need to forward date the introduction by about five years so teams can adjust their academies and start retraining.

I actually think it would create a better all round game. No more lump ball.

I actually think it would create a better all round game. No more lump ball.

Physical and direct vs skillful technicians has been part of the game since the beginning though. It's part of the beauty of the game. I guess teams might be able to develop a way to remain direct without going high. Long, hard, low clearances will become a sought after skill.

Leaving themselves open to many lawsuits in 30 or 40 years’ time when some of these players develop dementia.

What about throw ins, that’s automatically over head height. And corners? Imagine never seeing bullet headers again like big fils last month.

Have you not just described futsal?

We score a lot of goals from corners

The game of football is impossible to play without heading the ball.

Even at 5's where you're meant to keep it down you end up heading it!

I've no idea. I don't know what that is.

Basically 6 a side football with a smaller heavier ball and the ball isn’t allowed to go above chest height (I think).

Supposed to encourage passing and skill rather than physicality. A lot of Brazilians play it growing up and that’s why they’re so technically good.

Back