Observations from today

Gazrfc

Once again it’s the same old stuff:

When we pick the ball up in the offensive half of the centre circle and there is space through the middle, why do we always insist on taking it out wide, wasting time and allowing Hearts players to get back in position in the meantime?

When we get a goal kick, why do we not play the long ball instead of the EXACT same routine of McGregor>goldson>tav> humf ball up the line to no one?

This genuinely annoys the life out of me

In every game we have played this season, there have been spells, some longer than others, when we have really toiled.

We are not playing like champions.

But we were excellent in the Motherwell game according to some folk on here and to say otherwise is "revisionist" apparently.
We were excellent in the first half (like today) the rocked up in the second half and did %^*& all

When we pick the ball up in the offensive half of the centre circle and there is space through the middle, why do we always insist on taking it out wide, wasting time and allowing Hearts players to get back in position in the meantime?

When we get a goal kick, why do we not play the long ball instead of the EXACT same routine of McGregor>goldson>tav> humf ball up the line to no one?

Don’t know if you were at the training session last Thursday but every drill involved going wide

Thought we looked better today. Much improved.

There would have been 60 minutes out of the 90 where we were totally dominant and playing nice, varied football.

Not much you can do if your start striker constantly falls over the ball and misses what? 3 sitters?

Same as ever. So slooooow to move forward. We seem more interested in keeping the ball than trying to score

I must admit the goal kick routine annoys me the most.

Mcgregor does a stupid dummy then it always goes to goldson who then plays in over to tav who has a player right in his face. It wouldn’t be so bad if we had a player up the channel to go long to but the rest of the team are all narrow.

I’ve said it many times on here but the team are over coached. Playing systems that they are told to play ad naseum Instead of just playing the game that is infront on them

Morelos was ridiculously crap and we can't finnish of a newly promoted team and SG fcked up badly with his subs

1st half I thought we were very good and dominated.
2nd half just needed the 2nd goal then the 75th minute poor substitution's cost us dearly.
If you were there and disagree I dont know what to say.
Went to The Louden myself for a couple after the game and everyone I spoke to was of the same opinion.

No pace up front, every time we broke they were troubled. Sakala should have replaced Morelos his direct running would have pushed them back later in the game. Sometimes you have to defend from the front but this season we seem very nervous and negativity sets in in the last 15 minutes of games.

There’s almost always an extra man involved in our passing which isn’t needed, a middle man if you like

Befor lundstrum scored their was another instance where he had tons of space to run into down the centre but chose to go left and we slowed the play down.

Sometimes we do look like a side relying on retaining possession and making and opening eventually where as the above instance a little later lundstrum showed from hitting it can get success

We do need to mix it up a little

we cant seem to go through the middle and take it out wide far too often then a few times today we run it out for an opposition throw,frustrating as f.uck

Just home after a long drive back from the game. My tuppence worth:

- Lundstram was the best player on the pitch in the first half, and very good in the second half. He’s won me over.
- The killer touch is missing. By that, I mean that defence splitting through ball as much as clinical finishing in front of goal.
- The elusive second goal haunted us again, giving Hearts hope. Score that and I believe we win by 3 or 4.
- Man alive, Tav seems utterly bereft of confidence. Defensively, and more worryingly, offensively. Always the strongest aspect of his game, he now stops dead in his tracks and passes back when last season he was as driving forward.
- Barry McKay was easily Hearts best player, Liam Boyce is a pain in the arse and Robbie Nielson is a trampy bastard.

Can’t say I’m overly enthused for the Brondby game, but we live in hope for the goals to start flowing.

Last season we used our full backs for excellent results. This year it’s not happening. Do need to change it up.

- Lundstram was the best player on the pitch in the first half, and very good in the second half. He’s won me over.
- The killer touch is missing. By that, I mean that defence splitting through ball as much as clinical finishing in front of goal.
- The elusive second goal haunted us again, giving Hearts hope. Score that and I believe we win by 3 or 4.
- Man alive, Tav seems utterly bereft of confidence. Defensively, and more worryingly, offensively. Always the strongest aspect of his game, he now stops dead in his tracks and passes back when last season he was as driving forward.
agree with that @huistrasleftpeg

- Barry McKay was easily Hearts best player, Liam Boyce is a pain in the arse and Robbie Nielson is a trampy bastard.

Can’t say I’m overly enthused for the Brondby game, but we live in hope for the goals to start flowing.
Good summary mate, very accurate.

Juninho had a few nice passes through the middle instead of putting it out wide.

Agree with your statement on doing the same predictable things over and over…we seemed to work the ball out to right wing in particular and Tav more often than not receives the ball square on to the passer and as a result can’t get a cross away, so what does he do, gives tje ball straight back to whoever gave him it. The amount of times Alfie was out in the channel collecting the ball (as he should) but then hovered around to get in on the pass fest when he should be busting a gut to get in the box.

It was a much better performance but we just need to be more clinical with the chances we create
Correct, particularly the 1st half. We should have been out of sight if Alfie had his boots on the correct feet, oh dear, he was rank rotten, as was Tav and Goldson was not far behind.

The substitutions baffled me, particularly Aribo being hooked (yes I know he was on a yellow) but he had an excellent game. Buff should have been hooked at HT

When's the last time we put a decent full 90 minutes together? I'm struggling to remember. Is it a fitness issue? Is it a concentration issue? Is it a desire issue? God knows, but there seems to be a weird lethargy around the whole place, right throughout the squad, the management team and even elements of our support. It's as if 55 sapped all energy out of us and it's a struggle to get it back.

My observations of today:
- we think we can score one goal and win
- we have next to no reason for thinking this defensively or offensively.
- very little energy in the team.
- full backs not getting forward as much and crossing poor compared to previous seasons.
- no centre forward.
- thank %^*& for lundstram and Kamara.

My observations of today:
- we think we can score one goal and win
- we have next to no reason for thinking this defensively or offensively.
- very little energy in the team.
- full backs not getting forward as much and crossing poor compared to previous seasons.
- no centre forward.
- thank %^*& for lundstram and Kamara.
Was with you all the way until Kamara.

My observation - a game we look back on at the end of the season and say that was our chance.

Back