Obsession now extends to who didn't play in a charity friendly

mdingwall

Administrator

It was a case of who’s he rather than who’s who for today’s Legends match at Ibrox as the big names opted to stay away.

Ally McCoist, Arthur Numan, Stefan Klos, Lorenzo Amoruso, Neil McCann, Andy Goram, Tore Andre Flo, Ronald de Boer and Billy Dodds all snubbed the match for the home side while Liverpool were only able to muster 14 players for the trip up the M74. Midweek reports of Fernando Torres making an appearance predictable fell by the wayside.

Even the most imaginative of supporters would struggle to attack the phrase ‘Legend’ alongside Neil Alexander, Sasa Papac, Alex Rae and Thomas Buffel. Despite the strong ties with Holland Michael Mols was the only legend interested in picking up his expenses and two nights in a city centre hotel.

Mark Hately managed the legends rather than Walter Smith.

After arranging four home pre-season friendlies during July that were outwith the season ticket the international weekend was too good an opportunity to miss for another fund raiser.

There has been a constant stream of former Liverpool players predicting how much Steven Gerrard will win this season but it wasn’t so easy to find players willing to play in today’s match.

After stretching things to find eleven players to start the match the bench consisted of Chris Kirkland, David Thompson and Stephen Warnock.

The next few days are likely to see a number of former players tip Gerrard to win the league despite speculation linking the former Anfield youth coach with Leeds United and Besiktas.

Predictably
Not predictable

other than that though, what a pile of pish

Mccoist was getting his earbent on talksport as he didn't get invited. He didn't get the chance to snub anything

A workmate a used to be Facebook friends with (grown man in his late 50s) used to share stories from the Celtic blog and video celts constantly, I'm talking 3 or 4 every day, they never write about Celtic, its bizarre.
Celtic fans even blocked this guy he was that bad.

This is from the sick blog who called innocent children abused by Celtic “ambulance chasers” and was yesterday thinly implying that Rangers were responsible for the Ibrox disaster in one of It’s 100 page blogs about the club.

Last edited:
What is the point that the idiot is trying to make?
Was the game not arranged at short notice?
For so many players to find the time to turn up in the first place is a credit to the pull of the clubs and the commitment of ex-professionals to put something back after their careers have ended.

Further to get 30,000 fans to turn up in a hectic and expensive season was also wonderful.
How many turned up to watch Scotland at Hampden in a fixture that was planned over a year ago?

This guy wrote for the Star, ffsake is that even a newspaper?

Even the most imaginative of supporters would struggle to attack the phrase ‘Legend’ alongside Neil Alexander, Sasa Papac, Alex Rae and Thomas Buffel. Despite the strong ties with Holland Michael Mols was the only legend interested in picking up his expenses and two nights in a city centre hotel.

I don't know a single Rangers supporter who doesn't consider Papac to be a legend.

That is beyond obsession for me, it is just plain weird.

I'd imagine at least 99% of our fans don't even pay the slightest bit of attention to who plays for their first team each week but they want to make a fuss over who appeared/didn't appear in a legends game. Totally bizarre from they freaks.

hugh burns said on rockspor on fri, mccoist wasnt asked, he also said it was hateley that picked the squad from what he heard hinting at mccoist n hateleys previous falling out

Surely it’s more of a case of who is fit to play in a match?
most of our 9-I-A-R legends are now well into their 60s, so it seems natural that those playing are from later (and maybe not quite as great) teams?
Alexander was our keeper in a European final, Papac won a ton of trophies, Buffel played in league winning and European teams for us.
Pretty dumb from the author of the article!

i've seen so many tims on twitter get upset that liverpool would play us, "told you they were huns".

yep a team that invite corbyn to their games and boo god save the queen, "scouse not english" massive "huns". they are just upset that another team would dare play anyone in a charity game that isn't them.

I don't know a single Rangers supporter who doesn't consider Papac to be a legend.
Other than the manager, Papac was the player I was most pleased to see. The sight of footballing legend and world superstar Steven Gerrard running out at Ibrox in front of an adoring crowd while wearing light blue has clearly inflicted yet another deep wound on their collective diseased mind.

0_19528438.jpg

hugh burns said on rockspor on fri, mccoist wasnt asked, he also said it was hateley that picked the squad from what he heard hinting at mccoist n hateleys previous falling out

Don't think Burns would know much, he's been out in the cold for a while now

Yeah, that Neil Alexander, what did he ever do at Rangers?
Apart from win three League Cups?
And two Scottish Cups
And three league titles
And play in a European final?
Yeah, apart from that?

Joe says we promised Alexander O'Neill for half-time entertainment.

If only these perpetual losers were so vigilant when it came to their own club, they may have prevented numerous paedohphiles from abusing hundreds of children. Funny how they missed it though. It's also odd given how forensically they pore over every little detail of our club that trying to find an article about it on one of their blogs is almost impossible. You're more likely to find articles about our kit man on there than you are about the paedohphile ring that was operating within their boy's club for decades.

Maybe they should ask all of their ex-players from a certain era whether they were abused or not ?

Back