October 25th 1987, Rangers 3 Aberdeen 3 League Cup Final

Ah the Cooper free kick, tremendous. If you're looking down now Davie be assured, you're still missed to this day.

The sound of that free kick hitting the back of the net will never leave me.

To this day it’s still the best free kick I’ve ever seen in the flesh.

First and best final I’ve ever been to also

Brilliant day out with pals,cup finals aren’t like that these days.
Never had an issue with Hampden back then ,nowadays hate the stadium.
Hard to believe it is 34 years ago :eek::D
Agree with everything you say there mate. I actually liked the old Hampden. Pylon flood lights reaching into the Mount Florida sky. The current one is a soulless bowl….

15 years old, could only get a ticket in the Aberdeen end. That free kick from Coop, what a hit!! Great memories.

First cup final and it’s still the best for me. Durrant was a talent. Megabucks nowadays getting him at 21.Unplayable And Gallus as feck with it
Francis penalty I was shitting it and he was so calm, might as well have a cuppa and a fag. Being so young at the time I didn’t even know you could take a penalty with no run up Or certainly I had never seen it.Wonder who else has done it but it was the wee mans final. Some quality photographs too.

Stung by a ticket tout??
I'm sure I've got mine in a drawer somewhere.
Only £4. :))
You could be right. For some reason I thought it was 4.50.
Still got the ticket somewhere myself. It was for the Sheep end I asked a copper if I could move, flashed my scarves, and much to the amusement of dolly fans he opened the gate to the North enclosure.

Back